The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A & T Miners Weekend - 11th & 12th July

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
well done all the workers sounds like you had a busy weekend would have love to have gone to this weekend, well done all the winners :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well done all winners credit mark and vicky working your butt off all weekend just think the open to close to scotland this open should have had 80 plus dogs shame for all hard work you put in well done any way.

WELL DONE ALL RUNNERS AND A BIG WELL DONE SHEILA AND NORMAN HOPE SUGER MOUSE IS READY FOR SCOTLAND :thumbsup:

big well done to mark and vicky and all people involved in the running of both opens, had a good 2 days racing :thumbsup: well done all winners and thanks for the bbq aswell

Had a great weekend even though we weren't racing. Well done to all the winners and other runners over the weekend - there were some great races both days. Well done to Vicky & Mark and all the other workers for making the weekend so enjoyable. Can't wait until next year.

;) Well done Geoff and Hazel sounds like your ready for Scotland, ;) we look forward to meeting up with you after Scotland. :thumbsup: Di

well done linda and les with cassie dare ya to sup yearling the first of many we hope. turning out to be a good litter jeff. :thumbsup: :D

Well done all the winners and workers,a special well done to Cassie supreme yearling another winner from this litter :) :)

Thanks for a good day ,enjoyed watching the racing and well done to all the winners :thumbsup:

also thanks for 3 lovely trophys that our dogs won in the ped section ,was pleased with our 2 youngest 1 winning the mains and the other the cons :thumbsup:

Well done all the winners, as always the Sunday open deserved a much better turn out with what was on offer plus added prize money, but we're stuck with those dates due to the busy racing calendar & the football season, so for some it is too close to Scotland but big thanks to those who came and supported the club, there were no complaints and the class of dogs that did turn up was second to none, amazingly close races all weekend with no easy wins in any of the finals especially for the George Hartley the dog & bitch finals with ALL 5 RUNNERS racing off, how often do you see that?

Special thanks to everyone who mucked in, the open can't be run without a decent strength of workers so big thanks to all those who worked hard to make it go without a hitch, Tony Dutka working like a trooper all weekend, Keith on the traps, Mark on the lure, the two lure lads, Mick Dudeck & Piglet standing in on the traps & line, Mal mucking in with the fencing, Jacqui helping with just about everything and keeping her stressed out mate calm and to everyone else who helped setting up and packing away, everyone just got stuck in off their own backs.

A few mentions for dogs i thought were very impressive, The Magster ran two brilliant races on Saturday followed by a breathtaking run in the bitch final on Sunday, holding the bigger dogs off until 10yds before the line where Sween (another impressive bitch - don't forget folks she cleaned up at both these opens in the pups last year, she certainly likes the track!) surged forward to just get her head in front. Branco looked super to take the Saturday open (she won the George Hartley last year).

The track was running very fast all weekend, the grass was short, the track flat with just a bit of rain widweek leading up to the event, loads of people commented beforehand that it looked great and they'd be surprized if the record didn't go but i don't think anyone expected in to be smashed 3 times in one day? Our Ebby and Bagheera both went home with very happy owners after their brilliant performances, Bagheera taking Supreme on the Saturday and her big sister Ebby taking Supreme Scr on Sunday. Dare Ya To looked really good for Linda on Sunday taking the Yearlings (and didn't she look smart in her jacket). Lastly a mention for all the club dogs who ran well (don't forget there's no track advantage for these lot as we don't run on the same track for club racing) Forever Autumn looked brilliant for Linda & Mal, all the heartache and hard work has certainly payed off and we're all very proud of the three of you, Bobby Dazzler looked super in his class on Sunday, never looking like being caught, no surprize to those of us who've seen the times he's been doing lately, Linda's Twisted Sister & Push the Button both ran well now having moved up into yearlings, George's I'll be Back put a huge smile on his owners face by taking Sup Vet & Jacqui and Tony's Jenny Taylor who cleaned up ;) in the pups both days should give them some fun over the next few months as she gains experience.

Hope i've not forgot anyone, hope you all enjoyed the weekends racing and that you'll continue to support our club for future events :)

another great weekend weather spot on as well and the track was top condition, don't know why this event doesn't get the support it deserves but for those who don't come its their loss, well done the A/T crew for all your hard work really well done all the winners especially Lin and Mal Buddy did you proud on both days just getting edged out by Kentucky on Sat but finding another gear on Sunday, thanks Kathrine for taking charge of racing your grandaughter Duffy on Sat whilst I ran Izzy its a nightmare when theyre in a race after the other :cheers:

Class Winners

19lb Bitch Winner - The Magster

TheMagster.jpg

23lb Bitch Winner - Soot a Root

SootaRoot.jpg

23lb Dog Winner - Red Rascal

RedRascal.jpg

25lb Vets Winner - Just Right Tess

JustRightTess.jpg

No Limit Puppy Winner - Just Paddy (Just Friends x Mebs Rosie)

JustPaddy.jpg

31lb Bitch Winner - Hellish

Hellish.jpg

19lb Dog Winner Charlie Pig & 31lb Dog Winner Cobain

CharliePigCobain.jpg

Final Winners

Supreme Scratch Winner - Our Ebby

OurEbby.jpg

Supreme Puppy Winner - Jenny Taylor

JennyTaylor.jpg

Supreme Veteran Winner - I'll be Back

IllbeBack.jpg

Supreme Yearling Winner - Dare Ya To

DareyaTo.jpg

Supreme Bitch & Overall Winner - Sween

Sween.jpg

Supreme Dog Winner - Forever Autumn

ForeverAutumn.jpg

Supreme Dog & Bitch

DogBitch.jpg

Thanks for a lovely weekend. A good track and a well run event. Ebony looks beautiful in her jacket. Must have that photo Vicky !!! Can you bring it to Worcester ? Thanks again. See you soon.

must say a masive well done to all the workers and organisers of this event epecially mark and vicky they both worked there socks of all weekend to make these opens a massive success,its a shame that you dont get more dogs attending.Also the bbq they done was spot, on bring on next year :D

Tony said ruby(Hellish) did us proud and ninny(Picaninny) a lttle trouper i was stuck out the way in the car all sunday as i fell down the stares just before we were supposed to leave home so could do much. Rubys now got a shelf for her trophys I know were sad but were so proud of her especily as shes just out of season and it was her fisrt race this years.

I carnt realy say how the racing was only from what tony said as i didnt see any but everyone i spoke to enjoyed themselevs and i didnt here any complants of anyone.

well done all the winners both days

thats it i will have to wear a pink t-shirt every time ruby runs and my hat :) :) i had a great time on both days well done all the gin pit crew thanks to all who helped out during the weekend and helped to pack everything away we did have a few complaints ...........about the weather not enough rain and too much sun :wacko: :blink: :) :D ;) a lot of you came prepared for wet weather and all you got was a lot of that crappy sunshine :D :D

well done to all who ran thier dogs and well done to the winners it was also great to see the peds running still can not get used to seeing the dogs being put into the traps from the back door (no kick boards) i'm looking forward to scotland now nearly got everything packed

Tony

Tony said ruby(Hellish) did us proud and ninny(Picaninny) a lttle trouper i was stuck out the way in the car all sunday as i fell down the stares just before we were supposed to leave home so could do much. Rubys now got a shelf for her trophys I know were sad but were so proud of her especily as shes just out of season and it was her fisrt race this years.I carnt realy say how the racing was only from what tony said as i didnt see any but everyone i spoke to enjoyed themselevs and i didnt here any complants of anyone.

well done all the winners both days
Hope your feeling better Wendy.You lot at A&T are a credit to the sport :thumbsup:

sounds like a great weekend mite make it next year, but people cant always get time off work etc etc. for us we only have one dog running so dont want to risk injury b4 scotland also peter needs hols etc. but nex year we will hopefully have @least 3 racing ooo cant wait lol. anyway well done to all the winners/losers/workers etc

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back