The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Advice - Dogs Being Left Outside

:thumbsup: Well done. Hope they are not left too long before they can be looked after better :(

i wish theyd just get them out of there :(

rls22 said:
Pleased to say that the RSPCA Inspector's have just been round.

After they had looked round they came to tell me what they had found - so, there was water down and food (biscuits) but just scattered on the floor.  There was also over a weeks worth of dog poo in their run  :(

I just went for a peek and I was horrified by what I saw, it really was disgusting and the dogs looked really miserable and dirty.  They are both large lurchers. 

So, the inspectors said that the conditions they were being kept in were not satisfactory and they would be taking further action.  They have asked the people to contact them on their return and will wait to see if they do call and they will then take it from there.

Well done you, unfortunately more dogs than we care to realise are kept in conditions such as this :(

Hope this has a happy ending for the poor dogs :thumbsup:

Just read this thread , well done Rach , :cheers: any up date ?

No nothing as yet.

They've not come home and the dogs are still there.

The run gets worse by the day :(

rls22 said:
No nothing as yet.

They've not come home and the dogs are still there.

The run gets worse by the day  :(

Do they have any food & water or is someone coming in & feeding them?

Do the RSPCA know that no one has still been home since their visit when was it yesterday?

Poor mites must be so miserable cooped up in those conditions :(

quintessence said:
You did the right thing Rachel, someone has to be on the dogs' side and luckily you were around.  I'm really proud of you, hopefully the RSPCA will assess the situation tomorrow and get it sorted.
Jenny

Yeh well done you

keith

Thank God for you Rachel, i get very worried sometimes when i think we are becoming a walk on by do nothing nation, those poor dogs must be so miserable and thess ignorant people who have gone away and could'nt give a toss should not be allowed to own dogs

i really hope the dogs get taken off them, they get prosecuted and those poor darlin's are rehomed

Keep us posted Rachel :thumbsup:

Sorry not been on line today, until now.

There is water down and I saw a boy of about 9/10 go in again today for about a minute - I assume to put fresh water and food down. But not cleaning the run.

It really is absolutely horrendous now.

I expect they will be returning from their holiday tomorrow - if not I will contact the RSPCA again as the condition that they are be kept in is so awful :(

rls22 said:
Sorry not been on line today, until now.There is water down and I saw a boy of about 9/10 go in again today for about a minute - I assume to put fresh water and food down.  But not cleaning the run. 

It really is absolutely horrendous now.

I expect they will be returning from their holiday tomorrow - if not I will contact the RSPCA again as the condition that they are be kept in is so awful  :(

what about getting over the fence somehow to film the conditions? would that be useful to present to the rspca? is the house rented or owned? if rented im sure a complaint to the landlord would do something?

well done anyway for trying :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if they rent or own - I had assumed that it was their house.

I am thinking of trying to take some photos tomorrow before they get back.

Im quite sure the people from the enviromental health dept would like to know about it too , :- "

Not very hygenic is it , and what with this unseasonal warm weather too :eek:

Try and take some pics Rachel :cheers:

enviromental health might be the way to go actually.theyre usually very keen about mess and smell. :thumbsup: take pics as evidence and phone them up.at ours you ring the town hall and ask for enviromental health.sometimes where the rspca fail an E.H.O. can work wonders. :)

The run was cleaned out by some people (no idea who) twice over the weekend, but they just swept all the poo and wee out on to the lane. Really nice and smelly for us now :x Don't know if they had been in to the house and seen the message from the RSPCA and thought they better do something about it in case they took action :blink:

They're still not back home, so until they are I can't really contact the RSPCA again as they've got to have a chance to respond to the message left for them.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back