The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Anybody know what this could be?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
58% sure it's Alabama Rot!
How on earth can you diagnose this from a forum post.

Alabama Rot 58% sure of it please make an appointment with your vet or make an emergency trip!!!

You should not be aloud to make such a diagnosis! :eek: Make suggestions if you must, but let a "qualified" vet make the (58% sure its Alabama Rot decision) diagnosis.

58% sure it's Alabama Rot!
How on earth can you diagnose this from a forum post.

You should not be aloud to make such a diagnosis! :eek: Make suggestions if you must, but let a "qualified" vet make the (58% sure its Alabama Rot decision) diagnosis.
google it :)

I sincerely hope it isn't Alabama Rot OP because if it is, then your dog is already seriously ill. However I would respectfully suggest that a Google search as suggested by @Violet Turner is not comparable with the many years of study and experience that a qualified vet has acquired. So please do see a vet.

Last edited:
Alabama Rot 58% sure of it please make an appointment with your vet or make an emergency trip!!!

You cannot make these assumptions Violet. None of us know what exactly it is. Please don’t use percentages and worry members seeking help, that is what vets are there for. Ok?

You cannot make these assumptions Violet. None of us know what exactly it is. Please don’t use percentages and worry members seeking help, that is what vets are there for. Ok?
Okay :(

I was wondering that too.

When it's myself I'll probably wait until the finger (or whatever it is) has actually dropped off. When it's one of the dogs I immediately think it's the worst thing ever and get straight to the vet! Seems safest.

I was wondering that too.

When it's myself I'll probably wait until the finger (or whatever it is) has actually dropped off. When it's one of the dogs I immediately think it's the worst thing ever and get straight to the vet! Seems safest.
that is the same with me.

Snap! I'm such a worrier when it comes to my dog, but if it's me I ignore it until whatever it is goes away! :rolleyes:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back