The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Aycliffe Wrc

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i know this is a good thing that we as a club are getting a new track but it should of gone out to all our members before anything was set in stone just feel its been done a bit hush hush concidering theres a few long time members and not so long that havnt been told or asked about its great when folks get stuck in for bettering the sport but aycliffe committee is made up of all members and thinks its been done in the wrong way but good luck hope its a great new start

Nothing was done hush hush, it was sorted in a week and you were one of the first to know when we got the go ahead, Dave was good enough to do all the discussion with sports club and he should be thanked for it, the club have been very accomadating, but maybe we shouldnt bother and wait several months for the council to repair the old track, seems you cant do right for doing wrong :wacko:

so is this a new track or same place as old one good on yer lads getting stuck in many hands make light work :thumbsup:

not complaining as dee told dave about moorlane been a good chance of a venue..... just think we could of had a meeting for all members so everyone knew supose im just a bit sad about losing aycliffe after all these years ,,,,thought about it after i posted and got wrong of dee as u know i sometimes put gob before brain :wacko: everyone im sure are greatfull for any help from anyone you only have to say didnt think we had a committee at club but was told otherwise bye someone on sunday never mind anything needed giz a shout.

thought it was better kept quiet ,until we good the track.found out last sunday 1pm.

informed john,allison, gary, dee,and anth within less than half an hour of the good news :wacko:

old aycliffe track was going to take a lot of work,with only limited resourses at the town council.

will be soiled but pushed up at sides even after rolling not looking good.

the pics show after rough cut will be ganged and rolled over next week or so.

the grass/turf is great.

the track will run parrell to fence aprox 1.5 off around 6,5 yds wide.

little bit of relining in a small area to make a good running surface.

water cart moved now,COULD HIRE IT OUT TO YOU LES (w00t) :thumbsup:

the track is out of the way of the footballers,and has they have there own groundsman.

the club are interested in the whippets so we will try and build up a good working relationship.

they have saved ayciffe whippets :thumbsup: :thumbsup: l

Well done to all workers & you John g I bet it be measure right (w00t) (w00t) hope it all goes well some good dog people at this club :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
address is newton aycliffe sports club,dl55ag.

try and put map on (w00t) :nuke: :wacko: :teehee: opps its off shafto way (w00t)

linden your a cracker :lol: :lol: :lol:

alcliffe_sport_trackdl55ag.gif

Hope your new track goes from strength to strength. Well done to everyone involved. :luck: :luck:

Best of :luck: with the new venue :thumbsup: See Colin had no bags on his head (full or empty John (w00t) ) :lol:

thought it was better kept quiet ,until we good the track.found out last sunday 1pm.
informed john,allison, gary, dee,and anth within less than half an hour of the good news :wacko:

old aycliffe track was going to take a lot of work,with only limited resourses at the town council.

the grass/turf is great.

the track is out of the way of the footballers,and has they have there own groundsman.

the club are interested in the whippets so we will try and build up a good working relationship.

your not allowed on k9

well done dave ;)

its a real shame u loosing the old aycliffe track in my eyes it was 1 of the best in the country but real glad u have got a new venue sorted so quick all the best :thumbsup:

:luck: A shame about Aycliffe as we knew it, but when things happen out of our control good to see people pulling together for the sport, good luck everyone with the 'new' Aycliffe track :thumbsup:

Well done to all workers & you John g I bet it be measure right (w00t) (w00t) hope it all goes well some good dog people at this club :thumbsup:

it will be to the measured to the inch lyndon :lol:

all the best with the new track :thumbsup: we need folk working to keep clubs going .thats the roots of our sport :luck:

well done Dave your a star always working hard for Aycliffe and to get new track sorted well done :thumbsup:

Have to agree with Andy , Aycliffe track and facility's was one of the best in the country , but things happen for a reason and we did sometimes clash with the football season

Looks like a grand bit of ground at Moorlane , well done David keep up the good work :thumbsup:

best of luck :luck: sure it will be top when its done and hopefully you will be able to move your opens back to your own track :luck:

well done to all and good luck with new track see my pal colin don't hang about lol always like a run to aycliffe good club if you want the grass cutting i am sure les will pop over lol (w00t)

the grass/turf is great.

your not allowed on k9

well done dave ;)
O NO, HOPE I HAVNT SAID OUT WRONG (w00t) FOLK WILL BE BLEETING TO THE TOP TABLES.WANTING ME BANNED :lol: (ENOUGH SAID OFF I GO AGAIN)

CHRIS WE HAVE A GROUNDS MAN NOW,POSH OR WHAT 8)

OLD AYCLIFFE ISNT FINISHED JUST GOING TO TAKE AN AGE TO PUT RIGHT,CANNOT WAIT THAT LONG FOLKS WANT TO RACE THERE DOGS :thumbsup:

STILL LOTS OF THING TO SORT STORE/PARKING ETC :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back