The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bob Blatch (Lure Coursing Meeting)

Masta,

check your e/mails you should have an entry form that I sent you yesterday?.

Lampy,

I thought they'd lifted the hight limit for lure coursing a little?

How many people can Mark fit in his wagon
i've just orderd a roof rack lol.

At this rate it looks like were going to be taking two vehicles down. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry we wont be going its just too far for a day :(

Lampy,

do you know if it's open to anyone or is it just for those who recieved an invite?

I was under the impression from reading the entry form it was open to anyone ie: stake 1 "to find the best lure coursing whippet in the country"? and stake 3 reading "priority giving to EAWCC members"

I copied the entry form I recieved and gave it out to Northwest Lure Coursing club members who's dogs would deserve a place?.

i've just spoken to a mate and it seems its not actualy open to anyone? have you any details?.

Mark Roberts said:
Lampy,
do you know if it's open to anyone or is it just for those who recieved an invite?

I was under the impression from reading the entry form it was open to anyone ie: stake 1 "to find the best lure coursing whippet in the country"? and stake 3 reading "priority giving to EAWCC members"

I copied the entry form I recieved and gave it out to Northwest Lure Coursing club members who's dogs would deserve a place?.

i've just spoken to a mate and it seems its not actualy open to anyone? have you any details?.

Now Mark. Let me explain as I understand it. The BB trophy was initally set up to allow 4 dogs from each of the then hare coursing clubs as you know. When I read earlier in the week that you had had an invite I was a little puzzled but then assumed that as you operated a bona fide club, now lure coursing, you were invited to put an entry in. I further assumed that if you were to get 3 other dogs FROM MEMBERS OF YOUR CLUB, then that would be ideal, as you would have met the original criteria for running.

The whole basis for running in this club was on the assumption that you were either a member of EAWCC or( and only for invitation events) you were a member of a similar club

It could be however that the edges of this rigorous stipulation have become a little vague and may even have become relaxed due to the need to encourage people to enter the BB.

I, for my part cannot envisage that a person with a qualifying dog ie KC and not exceeding 20 inches for dogs or bitches would be allowed to run in anything other than a trial.

But hey, all the above is just my view. You will need to speak to Andrea to establish the full ground rules. I would suggest that that be done asap to avoid disappointment on the one hand for those who clearly would not be allowed and to satisfy those who would qualify but are in some doubt.

Hope this helps Parkstoner :thumbsup:

I was a little puzzled but then assumed that as you operated a bona fide club, now lure coursing,
The Northwest Lure Coursing Club has only ever been for lure coursing LOL.

Do we get granny rights at EA with having been the ones that showed them how to do lure coursing LOL?.

Just to Clarify the details below are for the BOB BLATCH lure coursing meeting to be held on the 3rd March 2007 being run by the East Anglia Country Club

i've just been rung by the powers that be at East Anglia, and i'm now in a possition to clarify a few issues.

1, Stake 1 & 3 are Open to NONE EAWCC members.

2, all whippets MUST be KC registered and MUST be under 20" (at the shoulder).

3, ALL entry forms MUST be requested from The Club Secretary.

4, ONLY DOGS ENTERED IN THE LURE COURSING STAKES OR FOR TRIALS TO BE TAKEN TO THE VENUE.

lamping man said:
I don't think that there will be a problem in making up the numbers as Hannah fears (w00t)   :D . I think there is every chance that Bramble is going to win this.I would like to know how tall the winner's trophy will be :blink:   I might need to contact a cabinet maker :clown:   Further , and again totally seriously :)) , I think that the deputy chief Parkstoner and Pennymeadow Whippets should be congratulated on seeing the merit in this coursing proposition and taking steps to make it happen. I do have my doubts on the 21 inch aspect but can live with that :angry:
Fully behind you and expecting victory

LAMPINGMAN :cheers:

Its good to see Lampy full of confidence for a change is it because the Spryers arn't running

Pennymeadow Whippets said:
In 2 seasons running with The Northwest LCC if memory serves me right in only 2 meetings did the biggest whippet win the main stake & to pick a winner at the start of a fairly run meeting is IMO almost impossible as each course is different the course is then reversed each meeting also has a different shaped & sized course
TBH i can't think of a single occasion where the biggest dog won at the NWLCC

though my big white lad did make the final of one :D just got beat by a callena girl i think :thumbsup:

lamping man said:
I don't think that there will be a problem in making up the numbers as Hannah fears (w00t)   :D . I think there is every chance that Bramble is going to win this.I would like to know how tall the winner's trophy will be :blink:   I might need to contact a cabinet maker :clown:   Further , and again totally seriously :)) , I think that the deputy chief Parkstoner and Pennymeadow Whippets should be congratulated on seeing the merit in this coursing proposition and taking steps to make it happen. I do have my doubts on the 21 inch aspect but can live with that :angry:
Fully behind you and expecting victory

LAMPINGMAN :cheers:

Its good to see Lampy full of confidence for a change is it because the Spryers arn't running

What do you mean, for a change :D I ouze confidence at every turn and all this talk of 20 versus 21 doesn't mean much to my Bramble :teehee: And as I often tell my wife, size isn't everything and she should stop laughing (w00t)

Bramble expects and ZORRO demands

LAMPINGMAN :cheers: :thumbsup:

wish little dynamite blue could be there to cheer you on lampy!!!

posh totty said:
wish little dynamite blue could be there to cheer you on lampy!!!
That little demon would hold his own in any company Tanya, those who have seen him and his spirit know that . :thumbsup: . Best wishes dear.

LAMPY

It would need to be very small for Todd & Tinks, :lol: he says to say thank you to his half sister but hes a little softie and would much rather watch. :huggles:

beaker said:
In 2 seasons running with The Northwest LCC if memory serves me right in only 2 meetings did the biggest whippet win the main stake & to pick a winner at the start of a fairly run meeting is IMO almost impossible as each course is different the course is then reversed each meeting also has a different shaped & sized course

though my big white lad did make the final of one :D just got beat by a callena girl i think :thumbsup:

Angel won it both times & also won top ten Lure courser 2004/5 season she also won cons finals aswell

beaker said:

The calenna girls did like a bit of lure coursing :thumbsup: I'll give anybody Sienna at the lure though (w00t) (w00t) :* she may not be that fast but the lure belongs to her and I pity any dog who thinks different :lol:

If there are enough dogs, couldn't they be segregated into different stakes for different sizes?

Well they could be but there'd be no fun in that. Half the fun is in excluding for these turkeys. If you want fun go LC'ing with the BSFA. You can run what you want more or less how you want.

Terry Smith

Well they could be but there'd be no fun in that. Half the fun is in excluding for these turkeys. If you want fun go LC'ing with the BSFA. You can run what you want more or less how you want
Not sure how your dogs are being excluded? your dogs are KC registered and are under 21"?.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back