The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bob Blatch (Lure Coursing Meeting)

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Pennymeadow Whippets said:
beaker said:
In 2 seasons running with The Northwest LCC if memory serves me right in only 2 meetings did the biggest whippet win the main stake & to pick a winner at the start of a fairly run meeting is IMO almost impossible as each course is different the course is then reversed each meeting also has a different shaped & sized course
TBH i can't think of a single occasion where the biggest dog won at the NWLCC

though my big white lad did make the final of one :D just got beat by a callena girl i think :thumbsup:

Angel won it both times & also won top ten Lure courser 2004/5 season she also won cons finals aswell

your right :thumbsup: i forgot the gorgeous Angel :oops: must be getting old and forgetfull :p

Mark Roberts said:
Well they could be but there'd be no fun in that. Half the fun is in excluding for these turkeys. If you want fun go LC'ing with the BSFA. You can run what you want more or less how you want
Not sure how your dogs are being excluded? your dogs are KC registered and are under 21"?.

I was generalising, actually both of our dogs that are fit to run are well under 20" ( a 17" bitch & a dog about the same height) We do have a 21" dog (with 2 balls) who was measured out for racing as supposedly 21 1/2 but he doesn't compete now as he's old & injured. Same dog ran several times under the BSFA without demur as does any KC registered dog. Personally I have no intention of taking a micky mouse thing like LCing as seriously as you & your cronies want to make it.

Rest easy, I won't be putting my money down to enter this event.

Terry Smith

Terry & Sheila Smith said:
Personally I have no intention of taking a micky mouse thing like LCing as seriously as you & your cronies want to make it.
Thankyou for your constructive input :thumbsup: though its not clear why you are wasting your time typing if this is your view...

Mark Roberts said:
Well they could be but there'd be no fun in that. Half the fun is in excluding for these turkeys. If you want fun go LC'ing with the BSFA. You can run what you want more or less how you want
Not sure how your dogs are being excluded? your dogs are KC registered and are under 21"?.

I was generalising, actually both of our dogs that are fit to run are well under 20" ( a 17" bitch & a dog about the same height) We do have a 21" dog (with 2 balls) who was measured out for racing as supposedly 21 1/2 but he doesn't compete now as he's old & injured. Same dog ran several times under the BSFA without demur as does any KC registered dog. Personally I have no intention of taking a micky mouse thing like LCing as seriously as you & your cronies want to make it.

Rest easy, I won't be putting my money down to enter this event.

Oh dear. I am sure we will all be the poorer for your not participating in what will ,I am sure, be a hugely popular event. Never mind, we'll just have to soldier on and make the very best of it without you. Won't we folks? :clown:

Hugely disappointed :sweating:

LAMPINGMAN :lol:

Terry Smith

moriarte said:
Personally I have no intention of taking a micky mouse thing like LCing as seriously as you & your cronies want to make it.
Thankyou for your constructive input :thumbsup: though its not clear why you are wasting your time typing if this is your view...

Just playing around 'till the pub opens. Everybody seems to love singing from the same song sheet. Thought I'd add a note of dissent.

Terry Smith

Oh dear. I am sure we will all be the poorer for your not participating in what will ,I am sure, be a hugely popular event. Never mind, we'll just have to soldier on and make the very best of it without you. Won't we folks? :clown:

Oh Dear !! I suppose I will miss rubbing shoulders with a wit such as yourself but I'll bite the bullet. I suppose the chance to win a trophy will light up your life.

Hope you win, hope it does something for you.

Terry Smith

Me too, and as long as we win, we'll be fine LOL ....Like we win soooo much normally ;) , though I will say my 2 boys with 1 ball are shorter than my 2 balled lanky lad (w00t) .....Not that I think this is relevent :- " :lol:

I would love to take part in this event but my pup is only six months at the moment could you make the south east round for after August pretty please?

He is only just 18 inches so should make the height ok

i didnt mention, i dont mean the bob blatch but the one mr roberts is trying to organise..

posh totty said:
im really looking forwards to attending some of these events , will be great to see , just sorry my whippy pup will be too young for this year!  :(
if todd and tinks wana race im sure the ever sexy dynamite blue would love to run with them!!!  :)

Tink says shes up for it :thumbsup:

looking through some pictures of the north west lure coursing club

collage2-1.jpg

collage2.jpg

I dont know which way the entry procedure is but I think they should send a entry/group confirmation form, The drawing the entry on the day thing seems abit dodgy. You could travel miles and not get a run.I think the best format is to enter and keep your tongue brown, I think that method would definately get you a coarse.

Last edited by a moderator:
lamping man said:
I don't think that there will be a problem in making up the numbers as Hannah fears (w00t)   :D . I think there is every chance that Bramble is going to win this.I would like to know how tall the winner's trophy will be :blink:   I might need to contact a cabinet maker :clown:   Further , and again totally seriously :)) , I think that the deputy chief Parkstoner and Pennymeadow Whippets should be congratulated on seeing the merit in this coursing proposition and taking steps to make it happen. I do have my doubts on the 21 inch aspect but can live with that :angry:
Fully behind you and expecting victory

LAMPINGMAN :cheers:

Its good to see Lampy full of confidence for a change is it because the Spryers arn't running

He shouldn't get too confident I only said I wasn't running in the Bob Blatch not the Top coursing whippet :p

Andy just said fab pics Patrick I think so too :thumbsup: and on the last lure coursing we did we were wearing muzzles, so that is probably a coursing pic(no jacket)

*Lesley* said:
lamping man said:
I don't think that there will be a problem in making up the numbers as Hannah fears (w00t)   :D . I think there is every chance that Bramble is going to win this.I would like to know how tall the winner's trophy will be :blink:   I might need to contact a cabinet maker :clown:   Further , and again totally seriously :)) , I think that the deputy chief Parkstoner and Pennymeadow Whippets should be congratulated on seeing the merit in this coursing proposition and taking steps to make it happen. I do have my doubts on the 21 inch aspect but can live with that :angry:
Fully behind you and expecting victory

LAMPINGMAN :cheers:

Its good to see Lampy full of confidence for a change is it because the Spryers arn't running

The BB will prove nothing. Bring it on Parkstoner and lets get Lure coursing to a real conclusion :p Terry Smith(deep down ) knows it makes sense :eek:

Will meet anyone on the day :teehee:

LAMPINGMAN :cheers: :huggles: :thumbsup:

He shouldn't get too confident I only said I wasn't running in the Bob Blatch not the Top coursing whippet :p

Andy just said fab pics Patrick I think so too :thumbsup: and on the last lure coursing we did we were wearing muzzles, so that is probably a coursing pic(no jacket)

the BB will prove nothing. Bring it on Parkstoner and lets do some real lure coursing. Terry Smith(deepdown) knows it makes sense :teehee: . He's just in total denial at the moment. Can anyone help him?

Ready to meet anyone on the day

LAMPINGMAN :cheers: :D :huggles: :thumbsup:

.I think the best format is to enter and keep your tongue brown, I think that method would definately get you a coarse.

Hmm! Someone's got it right at least. Don't get carried away on a vendetta just 'cos you got the hot's for rough northener's Lampy. You just keep whingin' & stampin' for titchy dog limits. Don't bring my name into it. BTW is Lampy your real name?

Terry Smith

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back