The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bob Blatch Trophyexcitement And Pleasure Guarantee

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
midlanderkeith said:
:cheers:   Judy, dont worry, and can i just say summat then thats me done with on this topic, ive one warning left to go, keeps me in my place, cos now i sit back and keep it shut, shame though, cos i have sensible issues i would dearly love to discuss on k9, but i know fer a fact, it would cause bother, simple reason being, some folks cant grasp my sense of humour, and the way in which i portray myself here on k9, i am who i am at the end of the day just like you all, each different, but we all have one common goal dont you agree, WE ALL LOVE OUR DOGS, do with em what you will, whether it be racing, lure coursing, showing. working                    regards

keith  :cheers:

Yes, I do realise that Keith. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
BeeJay said:
Have we gone off topic a tad here?  :p
I think so. As the Trophy topic is still live given that the event is not now taking place for several weeks, could not the off topic posts be removed to another place?? :thumbsup:

controversial said:
[SIZE=21pt]this sounds like a case of bringing the sport into disripute[/SIZE]
A lot of this has gone totally over my head as I can't possibly keep track of all the gossip and shenanigans and nor do I want to - however to see this comment after my post of wishing everyone luck has concerned me. I hope that it was not in reference to my post as I cant see the relevance at all to the comment made by controversial? :blink:

roll on the bob blatch. my lil girl is raring to go.. she will now chase the lure with much enthusiasm........... :D she is in training as we speak.. :thumbsup:

Mini Me said:
How on earth (sorrect me please if I am wrong) is it possible to hold an event that would EVER in a zillion years show anything, other than the best dog on THAT day, IN that coursing event?
Sorry, but as an example, I may have in my home a dog that I (and for arguments sake lets say all my mates) think is the VERY best coursing dog in the country. I enter it into a 32/64/128/256 dog stack (if that was possible). I win. Ye Haaaaa! I am over the moon. I then find out that in three weeks time, there is another event. I enter my dog. It rains. I lose. Or, the ground is hard with frost. I lose. Or, the slip is not perfect. I win. I lose. Or the dog she runs against trips and falls. I win. She trips and falls. I lose. ETC ETC ETC.

Far too many variables. The dog on the day is only ever the VERY BEST on that day, in those conditions, and that draw.

The best coursing lines in the country? The best working lines in the country? The best show lines in the country? The best racing lines in the country? Thats a different matter. But the BEST coursing dog in the country? Is it really possible to prove this?

Sorry for butting in here,but i once had a wee lurcher dog,who had just about everything in his make up.He was only beaten twice in 2 season's of simulated coursing.I would say he was at that time,the best simulated coursing dog in ireland,having won over 90 % of his competition's.Might i add though,that he was a one off. ...Billy...

nigelmcfc said:
Like real coursing, anything can happen, in the Waterloo Cup a a greyhound that had won everything in the season and had been nominated to run might have gone out on the first course, that is the unpredictability of the sport, sadly we are no longer able to sample the excitement of the event due to our bigoted friends .....
Get youreself across to us then,in Ireland.

Greetings A L C :thumbsup:

The draw will take place on this coming Sunday and will be announced on this very thread :) There are 31 dogs so far so someone will get a first round bye. Hope its meeeee :D

Greetings to all discerning lure coursers :thumbsup: Here is THE draw that many of you have been waiting for :eek:

VANYA CHEYENNE SKY

FIRE BLADE

BEUBEZI FRENCH CONNECTION TO ALACRITY

WINTERFELL TINKERBELLE

STOCKHOUSE MISTY DAWN

PARKSTONE QUEEN OF THE NILE

BANATAY BOLLINGER

GUTO NYTH BRAN

VANYA NEOLITHIC SHADOW

CUPIDS ARROW

DRAPERSLOCK BLOWALONG

BANATAY BOOMERANG

BANATAY BELVEDERE

STARVASS MOONLIGHTING

SOLO ACT

HOT AMBER BELLE

BEUBEZI FUN AND FROLIC

BANATAY BOLLY

STAR OF THE NORTH OVER ALACRITY

EUGINIE PRINCESS

PENNY PICTURES

SAUCEY MADAM

FLAMING FLOYD

LYNPERRY EAST WIND

HIGHISLAND JUST JESSIE

CHARFORD BETH

MISEMAINE PICCALLILI

VALENTINE

28 RUNNERS ONLY, UNFORTUNATELY. 6 DOGS WITHDREW DURING THE LAST 4 DAYS. THERE IS HOWEVER QUALITY IN THIS CARD AND WHOEVER TAKES THE ACCOLADE WILL CERTAINLY HAVE EARNED IT!

AS EVER, THE TOP DOG IN EACH PAIRING WILL WEAR RED

THE PURSE AND PLATE WILL BE RUN

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE :luck:

:oops: Missed one off the draw:

JIGSAW OF KNOYLE (becomes number 29 and gets a bye) :thumbsup:

:oops: :oops: And here's another:

LYNPERRY WATERLOO BOY ( BECOMES NUMBER 30 AND RUNS IN THE WHITE WITH JIGSAW OF KNOYLE ) :luck:

lol you carry on , as long as jessie is in im ok :thumbsup:

some good draws,thats only the first round.looks like a great days coursing is on the cards.really looking forward to the day .lets hope the sun will shine . :luck: to all the runners.see you saturday :thumbsup:

..... I wish ALL of the dogs safe running ...... Lovely to see Elizabeth's boys are competing :huggles: ..... :luck: :luck: to all and safe journeys :thumbsup:

on a more positive note..... looking forward to another lure coursing event and seeing the dogs enjoy themselves. Good luck to all :luck: and hope everyone comes out injury free. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back