The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bob Blatch Trophyexcitement And Pleasure Guarantee

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Blooming 'eck I'm sooo excited (w00t)

TCx

Update on the card everyone.

PARKSTONE QUEEN OF THE NILE does not run

STOCKHOUSE MISTY DAWN gets a bye

Good luck everyone

Cameras are ready with spare batteries and cards so just point me in the direction of TC :huggles: :luck:

just to clarify things parkstone queen of the nile will not be running this saturday due to her being in season, we would not want her condition to affect the dogs running there this weekend or the bitches that travel to these open meetings. :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
....I love lure coursing more than open racing .....My Border Collie Ellie was applauded on Saturday as she completed her course :wub: ....Lure coursing is FUN just like racing should be ...... Lets not make it so competitive that we lose sight of watching our dogs ENJOY themselves :thumbsup:

ellie was the best honourary whippet there!!! i want to see pics of her doing her course!!! :wub: :wub:

Strike Whippets said:
....I love lure coursing more than open racing .....My Border Collie Ellie was applauded on Saturday as she completed her course  :wub:   ....Lure coursing is FUN just like racing should be ...... Lets not make it so competitive that we lose sight of watching our dogs ENJOY themselves  :thumbsup:
ellie is a lovelly dog i gave her half my bone.. :teehee:

Have deleted some stupid bickering posts again and also some that were fine but quoted them so if one of yours has gone that might be why.

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

They are best ignored. :thumbsup:

Strike Whippets said:
....I love lure coursing more than open racing .....My Border Collie Ellie was applauded on Saturday as she completed her course  :wub:   ....Lure coursing is FUN just like racing should be ...... Lets not make it so competitive that we lose sight of watching our dogs ENJOY themselves  :thumbsup:
What's the difference between lure coursing and open racing?

AnnSa said:
Strike Whippets said:

Ann,

Lure coursing is run in pairs with the dogs being slipped and running a course similar to that run when chasing a hare.

Open racing is from traps with normally four or five dogs over a much shorter distance and either straight or on a bend.

TCx

Thanks TC two very different styles of racing then.......

the coursing sounds fun :thumbsup:

AnnSa said:
Thanks TC two very different styles of racing then.......the coursing sounds fun  :thumbsup:

Lure coursing is also judged so the dog that gets to the lure first isn't necessarily the winner. It's an experienced person's opinion as to which is the better run course. The course being judged on a set criteria just like coursing was.

AnnSa said:
Thanks TC two very different styles of racing then.......the coursing sounds fun  :thumbsup:

It is great Fun AnnaSa contact Mark Roberts about lure coursing in the North of the country as he runs The Northwest LCC events :thumbsup:

sparky said:
Strike Whippets said:
ellie is a lovelly dog i gave her half my bone.. :teehee:

LOL ....Ellie says thanks :D .....It was hungry work this lure coursing lark :lol:

AnnSa said:
Strike Whippets said:

Lure coursing is over a longer distance with turns etc.... its also about stamina, endurance with some pace .....Different judges see different qualities in different dogs, so you never know who's going to do what ...... Racing is in most cases the fastest dog wins .....

So do most dogs do both types of racing.......

or are some more suited to one or the other ?

Does one person decide on the winner or is it a voted

thing or something ?

Sorry for asking on this topic......should have gone somewhere else :b

AnnSa said:
So do most dogs do both types of racing.......or are some more suited to one or the other ?

Does one person decide on the winner or is it a voted

thing or something ?

Sorry for asking on this topic......should have gone somewhere else  :b

Only one person decides the out come

The judge stands in the middle of the course where they can see all the turns and then raises either a red or a white flag to show who has won.

The judges word is final in all cases

Some dogs are more suited to one but most are pretty good at both.

If they are good at racing though you tend not to do as many lure coursing events as they can get injured more easily.

But thats not always the case

Come along to the next event its really exciting to watch :thumbsup:

And the dogs love it!!! :huggles:

And its great puting faces to names :thumbsup:

ann why dont you come over to holbeach this saturday(if your not working) :thumbsup:

would love to meet you and the girls :wub: :wub: :huggles:

party0010.gif
Ol' Posh Totty has just rang............spare seat going in the pike-mobile
party0010.gif

Cant Wait
ymca.gif

AnnSa said:
party0010.gif
Ol' Posh Totty has just rang............spare seat going in the pike-mobile
party0010.gif

Cant Wait 
ymca.gif

great stuff (w00t) ,looking forward to meeting you and your girls ann :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back