The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bsfa Meeting At Banbury

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
P.S.

The greyhounds owner is Miss Louise Talbot, if anyone knows how to get in contact with her to see how her dog is.

Hi Tracey

Sorry, but I don't think we got to meet you either-I know what you mean by not wanting to draw attention to yourself by trying to find out who fellow k9'ers are, as am quite new to this myself. However once you know who's who, everyone is really friendly and supportive and a good crowd :huggles: I did forget to wear my badge this time tho :- " :- "

I to, only have one whip and he is the light of our lives. OH is trying to persuade me to have another, but I don't think Digger would tolerate another dog :( :( He is a real daddy's boy :wub:

Deb said:
. OH is trying to persuade me to have another, but I don't think Digger would tolerate another dog :(   :(   He is a real daddy's boy :wub:

Go for it Deb, Digger will be delighted with another Whippie!!!

Great pics Elizabeth. And I can confirm that it is Bertha (2 pics, followed by 2 pics of TJ)!!! Didn't realise what big ears she has, just like her grandmother, but holds them perfectly!!!

dessie said:
Didn't realise what big ears she has, just like her grandmother, but holds them perfectly!!!
Now, what we really need is a big ears competition - something else ours would excel at

:blink: :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanna, Millie put your pic up too, at the end so keep scrolling!

http://basilisk.co.uk/dog/

Thanks Moriate. Those are great pictures. It's definitely the Minsitry of Silly Walks - if you look at Lucy's expression she thinks so too!!

Poor Ivan, he was just enjoying himself......... wicked mummy for saying such a thing :p :lol:

Fab pic ......... I shall be framing that one :thumbsup:

:D Thanks ELizabeth, great pictures, though Nana doesn't really look as if she is trying as hard as the others does she?

I'm so bad at taking pics of them moving, how do you get the dog in focus rather than the background?

Olivia

:oops: Also should appolgise for the very frequent toilet stops made by my dogs, I think they were inspired by Paula Radcliffe in the marathon!!! I'm not sure Tess (little black one) enjoyed the lure coursing experience as much as she might have done, certainly not as mucha s the white one (Nana) did, and she might just have found a novel way of expressing her opinion.

[SIZE=8pt]Welcome to K9 Olivia, Nana and Tess![/SIZE]

Now you have started - you'll be hooked (on K9 that is!) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OEH said:
:D   Thanks ELizabeth, great pictures, though Nana doesn't really look as if she is trying as hard as the others does she? I'm so bad at taking pics of them moving, how do you get the dog in focus rather than the background?

Olivia

Welcome Olivia! Nice to meet you on sunday.

It's probably just that one shot! Little black one was getting the hang of it by the end, wasn't she? Give us a shout next time your up our end, you can have the print!

Hmmn, having a manual-focus camera you can pre-focus just in the right spot (the lure string?) helps, full-zoom helps with depth of field (blurry background) too. Took these on an old 1980s Olympus, trick is having a motor wind (and fast film, and good light on the day). And lots of practise 'panning' with the dogs. Can't get good results on the Nikon digital, it's just too slow unless you have it on video capture and you get a uselessly small pic. Apparently there is a 'continuous' mode but whether the shutter speed is up to it I don't know.

Really need a proper digital SLR, but with the small amount of photography we're doing for work we can't really justify spending £600 on a new one :( .The German (?) people with the Afghans were using a very nice digital camera for their shots, will be interested to see how they come out.

Elizabeth

Last edited by a moderator:
moriarte said:
dessie said:
Didn't realise what big ears she has, just like her grandmother, but holds them perfectly!!!
Now, what we really need is a big ears competition - something else ours would excel at

:blink: :oops:

LOL! Sounds good to me. Is Bertha going to be the benchmark???

BeeJay said:
I and this is an important point coming up here. ;)   I had TWO gorgeous fawn whippies with me.  Dessie and Millie of course were sadly let down in the fawn department one had to squint badly to even see the fawn on theirs.  :lol:

Excuse me! :b I was holding a brown one at one point!!! LOL!

Elizabeth

I clearly need to practise with them running around, But I can see that it helps knowing where to focus in advance. My camera does do digital, nut I never had the nerve to try it before, but if the weather is good I'll have a go tomorrow.

Olivia

ps Thanks so much I'd love a print

Give us a PM/email and they can meet up and have a run round the meadow sometime :thumbsup: Do you know the lady with the 2 Nimrodel whippets in S'town? We should recruit her to K9 too, she's a real whippet veteran, had only Nimrodels for the last 30-odd years!!!

Elizabeth

How thick am I !!!

HOW THICK AM I !!!!

Digger did actually sustain a small injury on sunday when he took his tumble :( It wasn't noticible at the time, but we later discovered he had a very thin line down the inside of his leg. It wasn't bleeding or anything and you could hardly see it, he also didn't appear to be aware of it. However the next day the line was still there but the area widthways looked sore with no hair around it.

We assumed he had grazed himself when he went down and was treated it as such, but it just didn't seem to be any better or drying up. He was licking it now.

It then occurred to me (the brain cell woke up at this point :eek: ) that this was probably a burn from the lure line -he must have got caught up in it when he went down. I have probably been treating it wrong :- " :- " :b :b

It is not major, but he looks at us in that hound dog way to tell us that it IS to him :lol: :lol: Everything I put on it he promptly licks off :wacko:

We just didn't think of a burn, but that's wot it must be. My only defence is that having only been coursing three times, it was just not something we immediately thought of, we are more used to him getting scratches and assumed this was one that had gone nasty....note to self: NEVER ASSUME :(

I know burns can take quite a long time to heal but I hope he mends soon, tho I don't suppose the hair will grow back.

Oh no! I must admit I was having a little worry at the back of my mind about things that could happen with the line while ours was running. Ours lost various bits of fur skidding once, which I thought was gone for good, but it grew back surprisingly well, so you may be lucky. I hope the ill effects wear off soon :luck:

Elizabeth

Right, FINALLY a few pix from Sunday!

First off Liz's lovely Nelly and Alfie - waiting for their turn! :thumbsup: :wub:

Alfie_and_Nellie_Apr05.jpg

Digger - raring to go!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Digger_Apr05.jpg

Mouse 'My turn, my turn, MY TURN PLEASE!!!!!!!!' :lol:

Mouse_Apr05.jpg

Gelert straining at the leash, with Mouse behind :thumbsup:

Gelert_and_Mouse_Apr05.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back