The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

BWRA AGM / Testing etc etc

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i would like to know who wanted dope testing gone in the first place ??????????? now that would be interesting :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
S. Rodgers said:
yes bless him he's sitting here asleep, he's hasnt been too well the last couple of days  sue
I know how he feels Sue, I would drop to sleep looking at the back of my wifes head all day while she's on the pc lol -_- :D

clifford hanger

cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:
yes bless him he's sitting here asleep, he's hasnt been too well the last couple of days  sue
I know how he feels Sue, I would drop to sleep looking at the back of my wifes head all day while she's on the pc lol -_- :D

clifford hanger

for one thing cliff im not his wife and im not on here all day, i work 10 hours a day, but not today im off to the new forest sue

S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:

clifford hanger

for one thing cliff im not his wife and im not on here all day, i work 10 hours a day, but not today im off to the new forest sue

Good on you :thumbsup: enjoy your day off in the New Forest and watch out for them ponies kicking out :D

clifford hanger

S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:

clifford hanger

sue this person seems to av a interest in u maybe in ye Neighbourhood watchin u lol :teehee:

cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:

clifford hanger

Good on you :thumbsup: enjoy your day off in the New Forest and watch out for them ponies kicking out :D

clifford hanger

thats wot im going for the sales sue

Where did the drug testing kit come from

clifford hanger

S. Rodgers said:
wild whippies said:
hellbound said:
S. Rodgers said:
Yes karen drug testing was voted out last year, dont know y but i will wanted to put it forward this year  sue

sorry sue it was not voted out all region's voted to keep drug testing

I was wondering about this because at this years BWRA Straight Champs, I noticed HFL testing packs on the table when I entered my dog and presumed that there would be drug testing following racing.

Which leads me to my next question, why ask members what their wishes are if they're not going to be granted?

jaq answer to your question, there was a member that had said he would like some tests done and they he would pay for them himself, i know this cos i took the message over the phone sue

Who was HE?

clifford hanger

S. Rodgers said:
What on earth as this got to do with this topic, I will say that I'm a member of the Green Party, and a member of my local bowling club (crown green) also a member of mensa, and thats not an abbreviation or a acronym.

clifford hanger

cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:
What on earth as this got to do with this topic, I will say that I'm a member of the Green Party, and a member of my local bowling club (crown green) also a member of mensa, and thats not an abbreviation or a acronym.

clifford hanger

OK ARE U A MEMBER OF ANY WHIPPET CLUB OR ORGANISATION

THECAP said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:

clifford hanger

OK ARE U A MEMBER OF ANY WHIPPET CLUB OR ORGANISATION

I'm a member of k9, which entitles me to join in on any debate, thats providing I keep to the rules of k9, which I will endeavour to do.

Let me ask you if you are a member of the NNWRF? :oops:

clifford hanger

cliff hanger said:
THECAP said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:

clifford hanger

OK ARE U A MEMBER OF ANY WHIPPET CLUTreasurer on the bwra B OR ORGANISATION

I'm a member of k9, which entitles me to join in on any debate, thats providing I keep to the rules of k9, which I will endeavour to do.

clifford hanger

this as nowt to do with nnwrf, this is about Treasurer on the bwra.and if u know me so well u will know why im not a member of the nnwrf :oops:

THECAP said:
cliff hanger said:
THECAP said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:

clifford hanger

OK ARE U A MEMBER OF ANY WHIPPET CLUTreasurer on the bwra B OR ORGANISATION

clifford hanger

this as nowt to do with nnwrf, this is about Treasurer on the bwra.and if u know me so well u will know why im not a member of the nnwrf :oops:

I'll try again, my thoughts exactly.

clifford hanger

3 regions wanted it kept in place 2 wanted it stopped and 1 was a 50/50 spli

t. mmmmmm very interesting mmm ^^^^^^^^^^

cannot see how Defra would have a problem with drug testing.Drug testing is an aid to animal welfare,and as for being sued does this not mean that the NNWRF could be under the same possible threat,and yet quite rightly go ahead with testing.As does the NGRC.Ok bigger organisation with plenty of money,and as the NNWRF are doing use an accepted standard of testing(HFL).Would have thought it possible to gain insurance to cover this eventuallity,providing strict guidelines for testing are followed,anybody from the BWRA tried? :) Karen

rodders said:
cannot see how Defra would have a problem with drug testing.Drug testing is an aid to animal welfare,and as for being sued does this not mean that the NNWRF could be under the same possible threat,and yet quite rightly go ahead with testing.As does the NGRC.Ok bigger organisation with plenty of money,and as the NNWRF are doing use an accepted standard of testing(HFL).Would have thought it possible to gain insurance to cover this eventuallity,providing strict guidelines for testing are followed,anybody from the BWRA tried? :) Karen
well said Karen

The N.N.W.R.F. has no fear of DEFRA we are on the same side when it comes to animal welfare

before the NNWRF started the drug testing we have been in contact with DEFRA and had a meeting with the HFL at their headquarters in Camdridge we discussed and were advised on testing procedures and the new tamper proof testing kits that were now being used and the handling of samples taken etc;. these samples will only be accepted for testing by the HFL if they are taken by a qualified member of the veterinary proffession any results coming from these tests are guaranteed to stand up in a court of law backed by the HFL

By the end of last years agm at Old hall no one could hear what was being said infact a few members walked out. The chairman was shouting for order and still trying to explain he would not give up his home if some thing went wrong and it went to court. The president was still talking as well about drugs saying a 15 year old girl could drop a birth control pill which your dog could pick up and eat :blink: Then there was another topic going on with Doreen all at the same time, I saw a couple of hands go up but everyone on our side of the room had no idea what was being voted on. Plus if it was to stop dope tesing it should have gone to a postal votes to all members, not just to those sat closest to Doreen that could hear.

[im not having a go at you Doreen ]

To top all of that the bar at the side of the room turned on to large dish wahers and that made it impossible to hear anything.

Our region asked for a meeting with Malcolm Clarke as we were promised ,and he refused.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back