The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

BWRA AGM / Testing etc etc

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
tanyia said:
By the end of last years agm at Old hall no one could hear what was being said infact a few members walked out. The chairman was shouting for order and still trying to explain he would not give up his home if some thing went wrong and it went to court. The president was still talking as well about drugs saying a 15 year old girl could  drop a birth control pill which your dog could pick up and eat  :blink:   Then there was another topic going on with Doreen all at the same time, I saw a couple of hands go up but everyone on our side of the room had no idea what was being voted on. Plus if it was to stop dope tesing it should have gone to a postal votes to all members, not just to those sat closest to Doreen that could hear.[im not having a go at you Doreen ]

To top all of that the bar at the side of the room turned on to large dish wahers and that made it impossible to hear anything.

Our region asked for a meeting with Malcolm Clarke as we were promised ,and he refused.

for once i agree i was not aware of any vote in the rep's or main agm meeting to stop drug testing and no vote should have been taken its should have gone out to all members in the postal vote

hellbound said:
tanyia said:
By the end of last years agm at Old hall no one could hear what was being said infact a few members walked out. The chairman was shouting for order and still trying to explain he would not give up his home if some thing went wrong and it went to court. The president was still talking as well about drugs saying a 15 year old girl could  drop a birth control pill which your dog could pick up and eat  :blink:   Then there was another topic going on with Doreen all at the same time, I saw a couple of hands go up but everyone on our side of the room had no idea what was being voted on. Plus if it was to stop dope tesing it should have gone to a postal votes to all members, not just to those sat closest to Doreen that could hear.[im not having a go at you Doreen ]

To top all of that the bar at the side of the room turned on to large dish wahers and that made it impossible to hear anything.

Our region asked for a meeting with Malcolm Clarke as we were promised ,and he refused.

:thumbsup: Thankyou Yvonne you were sat closer to the top table than we were so you would of heard better than us

Last edited by a moderator:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:
wild whippies said:
hellbound said:
S. Rodgers said:
Yes karen drug testing was voted out last year, dont know y but i will wanted to put it forward this year  sue

sorry sue it was not voted out all region's voted to keep drug testing

I was wondering about this because at this years BWRA Straight Champs, I noticed HFL testing packs on the table when I entered my dog and presumed that there would be drug testing following racing.

Which leads me to my next question, why ask members what their wishes are if they're not going to be granted?

jaq answer to your question, there was a member that had said he would like some tests done and they he would pay for them himself, i know this cos i took the message over the phone sue

Who was HE?

clifford hanger

And once again were did the HFL drug testing packs come from? I'm asking because if the BWRA don't have drug testing anymore why was it there for all to see :wacko:

clifford hanger

cliff hanger said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:
wild whippies said:
hellbound said:
S. Rodgers said:
Yes karen drug testing was voted out last year, dont know y but i will wanted to put it forward this year  sue

I was wondering about this because at this years BWRA Straight Champs, I noticed HFL testing packs on the table when I entered my dog and presumed that there would be drug testing following racing.

Which leads me to my next question, why ask members what their wishes are if they're not going to be granted?

jaq answer to your question, there was a member that had said he would like some tests done and they he would pay for them himself, i know this cos i took the message over the phone sue

Who was HE?

clifford hanger

And once again were did the HFL drug testing packs come from? I'm asking because if the BWRA don't have drug testing anymore why was it there for all to see :wacko:

clifford hanger

well cliff hanger r u a member of the bwra or fed, if u r y dont u like most of us put your real name to topics, well u must have been at champs to have seen them, and the bottles came from the HFL Lab and if u r not a member its really nothing to do with u is it SUE

S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:
wild whippies said:
hellbound said:
S. Rodgers said:

Who was HE?

clifford hanger

clifford hanger

well cliff hanger r u a member of the bwra or fed, if u r y dont u like most of us put your real name to topics, well u must have been at champs to have seen them, and the bottles came from the HFL Lab and if u r not a member its really nothing to do with u is it SUE

No, I did not have to be at the champs to ask this question SUE, It was on a post on here, wild whippies said that there were on the table when she entered her dog.

So once again SUE, who asked for the drug testing and who provided the drug testing kit? believe me SUE these 2 questions are not going to be unanswered.

clifford hanger

cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:
wild whippies said:
hellbound said:
S. Rodgers said:

Who was HE?

clifford hanger

clifford hanger

No, I did not have to be at the champs to ask this question SUE, It was on a post on here, wild whippies said that there were on the table when she entered her dog.

So once again SUE, who asked for the drug testing and who provided the drug testing kit? believe me SUE these 2 questions are not going to be unanswered.

clifford hanger

I took a phone message the night before we left for scotland champs, the question was asked if members was allowed to ask for and pay for tests to be done, i replied as far as i know they could, I asked this person to call back when we got back from scotland as i dont get involved in BWRA business unless its to do with the members, perhaps this is the same person that phoned a fed committee member asking the same question SUE

S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:
wild whippies said:
hellbound said:
S. Rodgers said:

Who was HE?

clifford hanger

clifford hanger

clifford hanger

I took a phone message the night before we left for scotland champs, the question was asked if members was allowed to ask for and pay for tests to be done, i replied as far as i know they could, I asked this person to call back when we got back from scotland as i dont get involved in BWRA business unless its to do with the members, perhaps this is the same person that phoned a fed committee member asking the same question SUE

oH AND BY THE WAY I DID MENTION IT TO ALOT OF PEOPLE WHEN WE WERE AT SCOTLAND THAT I TOOK THIS PHONE MESSAGE SUE

cliff hanger said:
With respect Sue you have not answered my questions.clifford hanger

As i was busy getting myself and my dogs stuff ready to go to scotland, if i knew who the man was i would have told tony and tony would have tried to phone him that nite, that is wot i do alot of nites during the week when i get phone messages for him, I do not ask tony wot these people want, or do i ever ask about the bwra unless it has to do with members, as most members know when it is a bwra event tony is with committee and i stay by the van with the dogs unless i am asked to do something sue

S. Rodgers said:

Sue I'm getting very confused about this :wacko: am I right in thinking the the BWRA no longer do drug testing? if so how can Joe public ask to drug test someone at the BWRA championships this year :wacko:

A very confused clifford hanger

cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:

Sue I'm getting very confused about this :wacko: am I right in thinking the the BWRA no longer do drug testing? if so how can Joe public ask to drug test someone at the BWRA championships this year :wacko:

I dont think its joe public he said can a MEMBER ask for this, as far as i knew i thought members can still ask for tests, if they were prepared to pay for them, he said i am prepared to pay, that is when i asked him to phone back sue

If I was asked to provide a sample at the BWRA championships this year, knowing the drug testing was no longer in place, I would think they were taking the **** and would refuse their request :rant:

If its not a rule with the BWRA how on earth can a member make this request.

clifford hanger

S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:

I dont think its joe public he said can a MEMBER ask for this, as far as i knew i thought members can still ask for tests, if they were prepared to pay for them, he said i am prepared to pay, that is when i asked him to phone back sue

So if drug testing kits were at the championships this year did this MEMBER pay for them? and once again who was HE?

clifford hanger

ps Sue don't think I'm having a go at you cos I'm not, it was YOU who said to this member that if HE paid for the test, then HE could have a dog/dogs tested

cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:

So if drug testing kits were at the championships this year did this MEMBER pay for them? and once again who was HE?

clifford hanger

ps Sue don't think I'm having a go at you cos I'm not, it was YOU who said to this member that if HE paid for the test, then HE could have a dog/dogs tested

No i said as far as i know members still can but can u please ring back sue

S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:

clifford hanger

I dont give a shit about people having a go at me or not, at least people know who they r talking too sue

S. Rodgers said:
S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:

clifford hanger

I dont give a shit about people having a go at me or not, at least people know who they r talking too sue

Well im off too tescos i will turn my answering machine on if anyone wants to leave me any messages sue

Its not my fault if my mum christened me clifford, and my dads surname was hanger :( If it had been up to me, it would have been clifford mountbaton :D but they wouldn't have got me on a boat (w00t) for love or money :- "

clifford hanger (unfortunately) :D

I may pm you later Sue to sort this out in private

cliff hanger said:
Its not my fault if my mum christened me clifford, and my dads surname was hanger :( If it had been up to me, it would have been clifford mountbaton :D but they wouldn't have got me on a boat (w00t) for love or money :- " clifford hanger (unfortunately) :D

i would rather u put anything u have to say to me on here for all to see and by the way u didnt answer my question if u r a member of both orgainsations, and y not have the guts too put your real name (DIDNT THINK SO) SUE

S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:
Its not my fault if my mum christened me clifford, and my dads surname was hanger :( If it had been up to me, it would have been clifford mountbaton :D but they wouldn't have got me on a boat (w00t) for love or money :- " clifford hanger (unfortunately) :D

i would rather u put anything u have to say to me on here for all to see and by the way u didnt answer my question if u r a member of both orgainsations, and y not have the guts too put your real name (DIDNT THINK SO) SUE

This topic is about BWRA AGM/ Testing etc, etc, not about who's who.

You disclosed the information that I'm seeking answers to, if you have put your foot in it so to speak, thats not my fault.

clifford hanger

ps I could ask you if you are on the BWRA committee by disclosing about the phone call you had, and telling the caller that he could have a dog drug tested if he paid for it but I won't ask you.

cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:
cliff hanger said:

This topic is about BWRA AGM/ Testing etc, etc, not about who's who.

You disclosed the information that I'm seeking answers to, if you have put your foot in it so to speak, thats not my fault.

clifford hanger

ps I could ask you if you are on the BWRA committee by disclosing about the phone call you had, and telling the caller that he could have a dog drug tested if he paid for it but I won't ask you.

This is the last time i will be replying to u, i have not put my foot in anything, i did not have to let people know about conversation on phone as it was a private call, i have had loads of messages this afternoon and people r really pissed off with u,oh by the way whose been loading the gun for u to fire it, strange when one member comes off and then another comes in and visa versa SUE

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back