The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Agm

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
GRAHAM PEM said:
rob67 said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
PMSL GARY WHY WOULD IT DEPRESS ME ITS THE SAME EVERY YEAR.SAME SHIT JUST A DIFFERENT YEAR.

If you fill it in whilst sitting in sunlight graham it wont depress you as much :wacko:

chris

WILL DO THANKS FOR THE TIP MUCH APPRECIATED. :thumbsup:

naked :lol:

rob67 said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
rob67 said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
PMSL GARY WHY WOULD IT DEPRESS ME ITS THE SAME EVERY YEAR.SAME SHIT JUST A DIFFERENT YEAR.

If you fill it in whilst sitting in sunlight graham it wont depress you as much :wacko:

chris

:lol: :blink: :blink:

GRAHAM PEM said:
rob67 said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
rob67 said:
GRAHAM PEM said:

chris

It increases your endorphins graham :thumbsup:

chris

rob67 said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
rob67 said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
rob67 said:
GRAHAM PEM said:

chris

It increases your endorphins graham :thumbsup:

chris

o:) o:)

I think that all pups are differnt and they should be trained for racing when the owners think they are ready!!!

I also dont think its fair for somebody else saying when a pup is ready to race or not!!

I think pups injuring themselves at racing has alot to do with before they are even trained...I think that all pups should have loads of free running first!

we wont even think about trialing a dog behind a lure unless it can hold its legs free running this is a good indication of if a pup is ready in my eyes if it can hold its legs running on a uneven ground then give it a little slip if it looks strong enough its ready if it loses its legs a lot it isnt ready!!!

It comes down to peoples common sense with their dogs!

I myslef dont think the age for pups should be changed a vet wouldnt say o yes thats a racing dog thats a pup till its 14 month old but hey joe bloggs you got a lab hes a pup till hes 12 month hahaha :blink:

johnnoble said:
Its time people started thinking about their dogs instead of themselves.Being IMPATIENT and  running pups at 7 or 8 mths old is far to early, their bones are still soft & their joints havnt formed properly.  Ive seen loads of good pups ruined by running them at an early age.  You might be lucky and get away with it but on the other hand you might not.

Im not really bothered what other people do, if they want to run their pups early its up to them.

This is a good proposal, hope it gets passed.

well said john :thumbsup:

it will give a owner 2 month extra to school it properly instead of chucking them in with no experiance,which as been done on numerous occasions :- "

Ditto said:
johnnoble said:
Its time people started thinking about their dogs instead of themselves.Being IMPATIENT and  running pups at 7 or 8 mths old is far to early, their bones are still soft & their joints havnt formed properly.  Ive seen loads of good pups ruined by running them at an early age.  You might be lucky and get away with it but on the other hand you might not.

Im not really bothered what other people do, if they want to run their pups early its up to them.

This is a good proposal, hope it gets passed.

Agree totally that people should think about their dogs and be sensible about when to run their pups, but also think if the rule is passed for pups 10-14 months yearlings would be a waste of time, as not many run in them now and at 15 months then the dogs should be ready for adults. I am not saying some with more greyhound in don't take longer but like you say it is up to each individual. Also you might be lucky running adults and you might not its racing.

what about the folks that start late,and might go straight into the yearling as they miss the pups through age.the yearlings is to give young dogs experience in competition.there are ones that exceed and go earlier into the adults,but in some classes its a big jump as the standard is very high.our dogs all have grehound blood so we shoud take a leaf out of the professionals books, there rule of thumb 14 months start schooling therefore 10 month for a whippet isnt asking a lot maybe to early for a no limit as they are more greyhound size than whippet as previously said ask your osteopath if your dogs ready. this ancient rule of schooling at 6 months might of been ok 30 yrs ago,but dogs these days are 10 yards faster. instance 1966 a track record 32 lb dog 8.90 for 140 faster and more prone to injury ???? :thumbsup: nice debate .

Last edited by a moderator:
I THINK ITS A GOOD RULE TO BRING IN WITH ALL THESE BIG PUPS WHATS ABOUT

WHICH I THINK THIS PROPOSAL IS DESIGNED FOR

STU

Do they stop Children from entering into -

athletics/running/swimming/tennis/gymnastics/football? ?????

Answer --Definately NO-------Quite the reverse-it is a must to be successesful--

Is Sport of any kind is recomended at a very early age--Answer --YES

When did any of you reading this see the Fat kid in the playground winning a race ?

Answer---- NEVER

When do you read about high perfomers in any sport starting at a late stage in thier lives ?--

Answer ---NOT VERY OFTEN--

You train your body muscles/joints/tendons/etc to cope with the extra strain/work ---

The truth is we are all different the way we grow/mature --

same with dogs--

Some dogs have the extra of whatever? ---

which means?

They can perform much earlier than others ---

Steve

kipper fluke said:

Answer --Definately NO-------Quite the reverse-it is a must to be successesful--

When did any of you reading this see the Fat kid in the playground winning a race ?

Answer---- NEVER

When do you read about high perfomers in any sport starting at a late stage in thier lives ?--

You train your body muscles/joints/tendons/etc to cope with the extra strain/work ---

same with dogs--

which means?

Steve

well my pup can

run ok

done a bit of swimming

jumps up n down,class that as gymnastics

runs round with a football

not mastered the art of tennis yet tho

:D :clown: :D

ON A SERIOUS NOTE THO

SCHOOLS DONT START THE COMPETITIVE SPORTS

EARLY ALL STARTS OFF AS A BIT OF FUN

IN A DOG ID CLASS IT AS FREE RUNNING

stuart worcs said:
kipper fluke said:

Answer---- NEVER

same with dogs--

which means?

Steve

well my pup can

run ok

done a bit of swimming

ON A SERIOUS NOTE THO

my boys 11 and running in school natinals final at leicster dec 5th 3300 metres

friggsy said:
stuart worcs said:
kipper fluke said:

Answer---- NEVER

same with dogs--

which means?

Steve

well my pup can

run ok

done a bit of swimming

ON A SERIOUS NOTE THO

my boys 11 and running in school natinals final at leicster dec 5th 3300 metres

Would like to wish him GOOD LUCK!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Steve

WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO MAIDIEN OPEN IN WHIPPET RACING THE 80,S DOG WHO HAVE WON A PUP/YEARLING/ADULT RACE COULD BE THE TO GO. :thumbsup:

stuart worcs said:
kipper fluke said:

Answer---- NEVER

good luck to the lad in the nationals 3300m :luck:   :luck:   :thumbsup:

same with dogs--

which means?

Steve

well my pup can

run ok

done a bit of swimming

ON A SERIOUS NOTE THO

last coment run for fun, free running.build up to schooling :thumbsup: . always free run from 12 weeks,let them do there own thing and build it up as they grow like kids,but put a dog behind a lure and they will give 120% to catch it and thats when the trouble starts:thumbsup:

good look to the lad in the national 3300m,bet your proud of him :luck:

DavidH said:
stuart worcs said:
kipper fluke said:

Answer---- NEVER

good luck to the lad in the nationals 3300m :luck:   :luck:   :thumbsup:

same with dogs--

which means?

Steve

well my pup can

run ok

done a bit of swimming

ON A SERIOUS NOTE THO

last coment run for fun, free running.build up to schooling :thumbsup: . always free run from 12 weeks,let them do there own thing and build it up as they grow like kids,but put a dog behind a lure and they will give 120% to catch it and thats when the trouble starts:thumbsup:

good look to the lad in the national 3300m,bet your proud of him :luck:

nikki whizz gives 120% in a free run lol she runs just as hard only u cant get the bugger back on the lead :lol:

sadieandco said:
I think that all pups are differnt and they should be trained for racing when the owners think they are ready!!!I also dont think its fair for somebody else saying when a pup is ready to race or not!!

I think pups injuring themselves at racing has alot to do with before they are even trained...I think that all pups should have loads of free running first!

we wont even think about trialing a dog behind a lure unless it can hold its legs free running this is a good indication of if a pup is ready in my eyes if it can hold its legs running on a uneven ground then give it a little slip if it looks strong enough its ready if it loses its legs a lot it isnt ready!!!

It comes down to peoples common sense with their dogs!

I myslef dont think the age for pups should be changed a vet wouldnt say o yes thats a racing dog thats a pup till its 14 month old but hey joe bloggs you got a lab hes a pup till hes 12 month hahaha    :blink:

totally agree with u there shaz :thumbsup:

in all the years there has been puppy racing in the BWRA WHY has there never been an age restriction on entry into adult racing

weathergirls said:
in all the years there has been puppy racing in the BWRA  WHY has there never been an age restriction on entry into adult racing

Probably because it's up to the owners to know if their dog's ready. Let's not get into them &us eh o:)

Totally agree with sadie.

halloween said:
weathergirls said:
in all the years there has been puppy racing in the BWRA  WHY has there never been an age restriction on entry into adult racing

Probably because it's up to the owners to know if their dog's ready. Let's not get into them &us eh o:)

Totally agree with sadie.

here here Never a truer word spoken----

steve

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back