The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Agm

rodders said:
jasper. said:
to many f***ing chiefs in the bwra.
Not the commitee's fault Maurice.The proposals were voted on by the membership.Although alot of voting forms haven't been returned :( It is a democratic vote with the majority vote being carried

wrong i was a rep once and its how the proposal is put farward

not giving people the correct options

there was no option on the proposal form asking when this action should start from

that was taken out of all the members hands

ill wait for comformation before i get to worked up but will not let this drop

gary :rant:ps

hope the BWRA can put there money where there mouth is cos i can

Last edited by a moderator:
racing said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
racing said:
jasper. said:
if you want a big dog get a greyhound and stop fing

HES ALREADY GOT A BIG DOG AND A VERY GOOD ONE AT THAT.

so have i its a greyhound if youre got a whippet to beat it isays you cant shes 68 lb 165yards or has far has you like and has much has you like

where lydon theres a book to be had here :lol: :thumbsup: good old match racing

gary farmer said:
rodders said:
jasper. said:
Not the commitee's fault Maurice.The proposals were voted on by the membership.Although alot of voting forms haven't been returned :( It is a democratic vote with the majority vote being carried

wrong i was a rep once and its how the proposal is put farward

not giving people the correct options

there was no option on the proposal form asking when this action should start from

that was taken out of all the members hands

ill wait for comformation before i get to worked up but will not let this drop

gary :rant:ps

hope the BWRA can put there money where there mouth is cos i can

Think the capping proposal was put forward exactly has the proposer wanted it.Although there was no date,he meant it to cover dogs now and in the future.

racing said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
racing said:
jasper. said:
if you want a big dog get a greyhound and stop fing

HES ALREADY GOT A BIG DOG AND A VERY GOOD ONE AT THAT.

so have i its a greyhound if youre got a whippet to beat it isays you cant shes 68 lb 165yards or has far has you like and has much has you like

BEEN THERE GOT THE T-SHIRT. :clown:

no way you can refuse a dog at 13 months old with a new rulling just because it has not been registerd

gary

PEOPLE MAY THINK I AM STUPID BUT RODDERS POSTED EARLIER THAT THIS WAS BROUGHT IN BY THE MEMBERS THAT WAS THERE TODAY WHO VOTED,IF THIS IS THE CASE WHY WAS WE SENT A POSTAL VOTE TO VOTE IF IT WAS JUST GOING TO BE VOTED ON TODAY BIT OF A WASTE OF TIME.I VOTED ON A POSTAL VOTE AND THOUGHT MY VOTE WOULD HAVE COUNTED AS A FINAL DECISION IF I HAD KNOWN IT WAS GOING TO BE VOTED ON AGAIN TODAY (STUPID) THEN I WOULD HAVE TURNED UP AT THE MEETING.

ALSO AGREE THAT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SCRATCH DOG YOU SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO VOTE ON A ISSUE THAT IS ABOUT SCRATCH DOGS,IF YOU HAVE A 20LB DOG WHAT DIFFRENCE DOES IT MAKE TO YOU WEATHER A 60LB DOG RUNS OR NOT???? AND IT SEEMS TO ME BWRA SHOULD NOT TURN ANY MEMBERSHIP AWAY MEMBERS ARE MEMBERS AND AS THERE IS SO MANY LEAVING THE SPORT SHOULD BE GRATEFULL SOMEBODY WANTS TO RUN THERE DOG. :rant: :rant: :rant:

I should hope that any decision made would run from the date that is was officially publicised to all members through the most correct media. In this case a statement in the whippet news valid from the date the magazine was made available for purchase. I know not everyone reads/buys the magazine but it is considered the most relevant source for communication of official information in our sport.

To ban dogs already born, or dogs due to be born up until the date the infomation was officially publicised would in essence be retrospective punishment for those having already bred litters at a time where having a larger dog was not "against the rules" (in a manner of speaking). IMO those with pups/a bitch in pup already should not be penalised for past actions which were not at the time in contravention of any decisions by the BWRA and their fellow members.

Goodnight all, wish me luck in my exam tomorrow :luck:

Fleesh said:
I should hope that any decision made would run from the date that is was officially publicised to all members through the most correct media. In this case a statement in the whippet news valid from the date the magazine was made available for purchase. I know not everyone reads/buys the magazine but it is considered the most relevant source for communication of official information in our sport.
To ban dogs already born, or dogs due to be born up until the date the infomation was officially publicised would in essence be retrospective punishment for those having already bred litters at a time where having a larger dog was not "against the rules" (in a manner of speaking). IMO those with pups/a bitch in pup already should not be penalised for past actions which were not at the time in contravention of any decisions by the BWRA and their fellow members.

Goodnight all, wish me luck in my exam tomorrow  :luck:

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

simpson said:
PEOPLE MAY THINK I AM STUPID BUT RODDERS POSTED EARLIER THAT THIS WAS BROUGHT IN BY THE MEMBERS THAT WAS THERE TODAY WHO VOTED,IF THIS IS THE CASE WHY WAS WE SENT A POSTAL VOTE TO VOTE IF IT WAS JUST GOING TO BE VOTED ON TODAY BIT OF A WASTE OF TIME.I VOTED ON A POSTAL VOTE AND THOUGHT MY VOTE WOULD HAVE COUNTED AS A FINAL DECISION IF I HAD KNOWN IT WAS GOING TO BE VOTED ON AGAIN TODAY (STUPID) THEN I WOULD HAVE TURNED UP AT THE MEETING.
ALSO AGREE THAT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SCRATCH DOG YOU SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO VOTE ON A ISSUE THAT IS ABOUT SCRATCH DOGS,IF YOU HAVE A 20LB DOG WHAT DIFFRENCE DOES IT MAKE TO YOU WEATHER A 60LB DOG RUNS OR NOT???? AND IT SEEMS TO ME BWRA SHOULD NOT TURN ANY MEMBERSHIP AWAY MEMBERS ARE MEMBERS AND AS THERE IS SO MANY LEAVING THE SPORT SHOULD BE GRATEFULL SOMEBODY WANTS TO RUN THERE DOG. :rant:   :rant:   :rant:

Sorry manda but the way i read it was

Proposal 1 M L MOTTRAM SECOND C BRECONBREEDERS TO CONTINUE TO OUTCROSS TO GREYHOUND BUT AFTER AN OUTCROSS PROGENY MAY NOT BE OUT CROSSED TO ANOTHER GREYHOUND FOT TWO GENERATIONS. THIS WOULD BE DONE BY NOT ALLOWING THE REGISTRATION OF PUPPIES FOR RACING IF THEY FALL WITHIN THESE CRITERA. AS WITH ALL THINGS IN WHIPPET RACING THIS WOULD BE DEPENDENT ON THE INTEGRITY OF MEMBERS

FOR 123 AGAINST 36 ABSTAIN 13

Proposal2 D SYSON SECOND J MEADES

TO CAP SCRATCH DOGS WITH 55LB LIMIT

FOR 100 AGAINST 54 ABSTAIN 18

Find it hard to belive people are complaing about proposals when only 172 forms were returned when 311 sent. Also if members were that concerned why not attend the meeing 

BWRA CAN ONLY BRING IN WHAT ITS MEMBERS VOTE FOR
maybe someone at the meeting can explain ..what was voted on today regarding the above ...as its the members that bothered to send there forms back in that decided on the outcome

and maybe someone can state when the new rules will take affect from

John got his bwra voting forms :thumbsup: I never got mine :oops:

As we do not race now :( John did not fill his in and sent it as we no longer race ,,a First fot us as we always voted and sent them back :thumbsup:

Im sure for all the pups born till today :thumbsup: , they can run,,,maybe the bwra might put a date on say,,,7 yrs away say Jan 2014 :cheers: as most whippets aftewr the age of 7 dont open race,,some might , but most dont :D

Not many go over the 55lbs weight.

Ive never raced in the scr as I liked the smaller dog, our biggist being Crack O Dawn,,,32-33lbs,,,our tiny wee ones Barley Bree and Guess Who 17-18lbs :huggles:

Why do folk never send back the voting forms,,,Ive said why John did not this year,,,but if you dont run with scr dogs,,do what we did,,,voted as could not give a shit, or non valid :teehee:

The could not give a shit is a wee bit of fun as we would never have a dog over the 32-33lbs as at the time , we would have had to sell a dog/pup to England, as we did not have much scr racing up here at the time :- " Thank God Ross did not got over the bwra weight as he was a great dog for us, and also a great pet o:)

We do need the greyhound blood in non peds,,,,it brings new life/blood into the sport and the dogs.

Hope all goes well in the sport,,,we will never race the dogs again, but we still love whippet racing

any sized none ped whippet put to a greyhound bitch can produce a dog bigger than 55lb once in a while..so the weight limit is ridiculous... and a load of bollocks, just to target a couple of people...sooner it all goes tits up the better cos they deserve it. :rant:

simpson said:
ALSO AGREE THAT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SCRATCH DOG YOU SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO VOTE ON A ISSUE THAT IS ABOUT SCRATCH DOGS,IF YOU HAVE A 20LB DOG WHAT DIFFRENCE DOES IT MAKE TO YOU WEATHER A 60LB DOG RUNS OR NOT???? AND IT SEEMS TO ME BWRA SHOULD NOT TURN ANY MEMBERSHIP AWAY MEMBERS ARE MEMBERS AND AS THERE IS SO MANY LEAVING THE SPORT SHOULD BE GRATEFULL SOMEBODY WANTS TO RUN THERE DOG. :rant:   :rant:   :rant:

Oh come on-"It's 2008-soon 2009 :- "

Get real.....

I'm white....... but it wouldn't stop me from backing Obama.

Not that i've voted either way-

20lb dog or 60lb dog.....membership = entitlement to a vote/right.

Karen Boyd

simpson said:

It's me Mand,and the way I worded my post :oops: The vote for capping was carried by members postal votes.(Lisa's put the amount)I queried in the meeting which dogs would it affect,has the wording of Mr Sysons proposal gave no indication has to whether he meant future dogs or dogs that were already racing.He meant all dogs present and in the future.Has this question had already been discussed at the reps meeting,it was decided to put the 2 options I listed to the floor.The options Tony put to the floor were what we voted on not the capping.Hope that makes sense.

YEAH YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A VOTE SAME AS I AM,BUT I HAVE MY VOTE WHEN IT CONCERNS ME,IF IT DOESNT THEN I DONT WHATS THE POINT TO ME THIS IS COMMON SENSE,OBVIOUSLY TO OTHERS THIS IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people who doin all the moanin are people breeding greyhounds

Are thr people who got ample oppertunaty to choose their breeding

Program and now only got themselves to blame

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back