The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Bends

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
gary farmer said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
going of the topic abit now can anyone let me know how much it costs to put a tow bar on my car if so can i borrow a bit of the bwra to have it fitted. 

one very unhappy member

Only if you volunteer to pick the traps up for the champs :oops: lol :D

NO DENISE HE NEEDS A TRAILER AND HORSE BOX TO GET HIS DOG THERE LOL :clown:

no problem can you let me know asap when you require them picking up o and by the way it cost me £300 for the tow bar to be fitted and £1000 for the trailer and horse box hope i can make it back when i take the traps to the scrap man.

ll post my expences to the bwra when ive done the job.

just hope they pay up quicker than they answer the members questions.

still one very angry paid up member of the brittish w?????? racing a???????

I get the impression that they think if they keep quiet for long enough,we'll all shut up and go away.....................WRONG!Still here and still wating.OK maybe not so patiently :rant: but i'm in for the long haul. :- " Karen

computer_programmer.gif

Right everyone,we've voiced our opinions now.and I'm sure people realise how vehemently we all feel about this.

I think we ought to let it drop now and I'm certain common sense will prevail.Let the championships come and go,then we will get our heads together and put our proposals forward for the next A.G.M.and get this scratch debate sorted out once and for all!!The way this topic is going it won't just be about fighting for our dogs to run out of greyhound traps on the bends.For some of us it might be a case of fighting to keep our membership with the BWRA and I'm sure the majority of us don't want that to happen!!

Yours in sport

Geoff

Last edited by a moderator:
I see you are reading this topic Doreen, 10.30 Saturday, hopefully you can reply to this topic. As you can see we are all getting very angry over this. Magical Dreams is defending champion of the supreme scratch 2006, how can the BWRA not allow this dog to defend his title by squashing him into a whippet trap. He is a fully paid up member and has the right to run his dog as he has done for the past 2 years.

gary farmer

milly said:
computer_programmer.gif
Right everyone,we've voiced our opinions now.and I'm sure people realise how vehemently we all feel about this.

I think we ought to let it drop now and I'm certain common sense will prevail.Let the championships come and go,then we will get our heads together and put our proposals forward for the next A.G.M.and get this scratch debate sorted out once and for all!!The way this topic is going it won't just be about fighting for our dogs to run out of greyhound traps on the bends.For some of us it might be a case of fighting to keep our membership with the BWRA and I'm sure the majority of us don't want that to happen!!

Yours in sport

Geoff

All thats required is an answer Geoff.Would be shocked if The BWRA withheld membership,because people don't agree with them.I am they wouldn't be that petty Karen

LET THEM TRY TO BAN US GEOFF THERE IS NOTHING WRITTERN ON THIS TOPIC THAT IS NOT TRUE

I PERSONALY WILL NOT STOP UNTILL WE GET SOME ANSWERS

GARY :thumbsup:

it's been a week since this topic was posted and the B.W.R.A. have still not responded. :- "

i think it would be a good idea for all whippet racers,to support the scratch dogs and their owners on this,as it is the dogs well being that is at risk,most racers dont give a sxxt win or loose as long as their dogs finish the races sound,and knowing their dogs are enjoyed it,soon as a big dog is placed in a whippet trap they risk being injured or maybe something more serious,lenthgs some people go to win a race is beyond me.if your dog aint fast enough tc club race it.and stop trying to lame others.by the way i deleted bwra from my list of fav's, nowt gets put on their too

computer_programmer.gif

Let me put it like this then, today is January 20th.

Most of us will get are whippet news in the next 10 days. So if the BWRA are going to use whippet traps at the championships surely they will inform us all then. :sweating:

keep it in prospective like Milly says :thumbsup: but i do find it silly this could of been answered and then we would know for sure :- " the safety of all dogs should come first :thumbsup: using whippet traps on bends is going to cause a lott of unnecessary hassle lets hope it doesn't happen. you cant be banned for standing for your beliefs but taking care on what is said cant harm :) biggest 2 points over the use of whippet traps on bends are one its UNFAIR on big dogs they are registered for life not to be tossed aside because some people pref ere to breed bigger :) two we school all our dogs from greyhound traps on bends then upset the momentum bye putting them out of whippet traps on bends it doesn't make séance :(

Hang on a minute Gary---since when have the BWRA been holding 'seances' on the track? lol

I am very surprised that this subject has been allowed to go on for so long with no reply from the B.W.R.A. one way or another.

What ever happens now they will be slated by some group of racers, those who want to use greyhound traps or those who want to use whippet traps, there will be no pleasing all. There could be a way to please all of course and that would be to say that the larger dogs can use the greyhound traps because of the safety issue to those dogs, but will common sense be enough for this to happen, I certainly hope so.

As for the future of large dogs racing under the banner of the B.W.R.A. then a meeting should be called for between all parties to thrash out this or it will become an everlasting subject on K9 for these two bend racing events held by the B.W.R.A.

lol karen :eek:ops

well this is my last post on this topic because at the end of the day i will race my dog when and were i feel it is safe to do so.

i will always put the safety of all my dogs first that is my priority.

at the end of the day we all race our dogs at the risk of injury.

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW IF SOME THING WAS DONE TO PUT THE SAFETY OF YOUR DOGS OR PETS AT RISK WOULD YOU BE HAPPY ABOUT IT I DONT THINK SO.

IT IS MY OPINION THAT THE SCRATCH RACING SHOULD BE LEFT AS IT IS AS I CANNOT SEE ANY REASON WHY THEY SHOULD BE MADE TO RACE FROM THE STANDARD WHIPPET TRAPS WHEN WE HAVE RACED AND TRIALED FROM THE GREYHOUND TRAPS FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER.

IF I COULD THINK OF A REASON AS TO WHY IT WOULD BE BENIFICIAL TO USE THE WHIPPET TRAPS ON THE BENDS I WOULD HOLD MY HANDS UP BUT AT THE MOMENT I CANNOT SEE ANY.

REMEMBER SPORT IS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT WINNING AND LOSING IT IS ABOUT ENJOYMENT AND TAKING PART

this subject has run its course nobody knows if true or not and slaging a commitee off on earsay is out of order anyway you get what you desrve breeding 3/4 greyhounds with full greyhounds if theres any whippet in them at all

:thumbsup: don't know what all the fuss as been about :D :lol: :- " :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back