The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Champs Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Tony Taylor said:
Moondust said:
i didnt realise one race could cause so much trouble and youhave been watching my daughters dog so much at the end of the day you cant help what happens on the bends and it wasnt the only race where bumping was going on i hope this is the end of this because i am getting sick of this now if it had been any other racebut avits nothing would have been said at the end of the day ruby murray was the worthy winner
i wish you would shut up now and dont tell me my dog was wrongly seeded i said ruby murray won that race not the 36lb class i am not going to reply anymore to your petty remarks

Tony Taylor said:
Moondust said:
i didnt realise one race could cause so much trouble and youhave been watching my daughters dog so much at the end of the day you cant help what happens on the bends and it wasnt the only race where bumping was going on i hope this is the end of this because i am getting sick of this now if it had been any other racebut avits nothing would have been said at the end of the day ruby murray was the worthy winner
i wish you would shut up now and dont tell me my dog was wrongly seeded i said ruby murray won that race not the 36lb class i am not going to reply anymore to your petty remarks

Tony Taylor said:
Moondust said:
The problem was not that Smokey Blue misbehaved but the fact that it was seeded wrongly. Whilst bumping can't always be helped in this instance it was caused by the owner seeding the dog incorrectly and they should accept responsibility for the problems it caused.

It might not have been the only race where bumping occurred but it was the worst.

Rhyme and Reason won the 36lb scratch.

I think the time has come to let this race rest. It is, in the end, only certain peoples opinions and they are no better or more valid than anyone elses. No-one has the right to tell anyone that they should accept responsibility for problems that in their opinion their dog caused, without the jurisdiction to do so.

If it continues any further, and it again is only my opinion, I think it is harbouring on victimisation. This is whippet racing, and there is no-one more qualified than anyone else to apportion blame.

You have no right on a public forum to say someones actions had a specific result unless you have concrete proof, expertise and jurisdiction to do so.

It needs to stop.

chris

COULD NOT HAVE PUT IT BETTER MYSELF

NO HONEST I COULDNT

GARY :cheers:

i think its a little unfair on Moira and Lou for it to keep getting dragged up :( I'm sure no malice is intended though :( best to be put to rest now maybe :)

rob67 said:
Tony Taylor said:
Moondust said:
The problem was not that Smokey Blue misbehaved but the fact that it was seeded wrongly. Whilst bumping can't always be helped in this instance it was caused by the owner seeding the dog incorrectly and they should accept responsibility for the problems it caused.

It might not have been the only race where bumping occurred but it was the worst.

I think the time has come to let this race rest. It is, in the end, only certain peoples opinions and they are no better or more valid than anyone elses. No-one has the right to tell anyone that they should accept responsibility for problems that in their opinion their dog caused, without the jurisdiction to do so.

If it continues any further, and it again is only my opinion, I think it is harbouring on victimisation. This is whippet racing, and there is no-one more qualified than anyone else to apportion blame.

You have no right on a public forum to say someones actions had a specific result unless you have concrete proof, expertise and jurisdiction to do so.

It needs to stop.

chris

Whilst you may prefer the events in this race not to have any further public discusion ultimatly that's not your decision to make. I would be interested to know who doesn't think that inappropiate seeding occurred in this particular race? I think you will find that , as far as the NNWRF are concerned, it will be the opinion of the racing managers that will prove to be the ones that matter.

K9 allows free expresion of opinions. My opinion is that those at fault should take responsibility for their actions.

In this particular case it isn't a matter of opinion since their are multiple high quality photos of the race, many posted on this site, along with a DVD which is readily available. What occurred in this particular race is a matter of fact not opinion. I seriously doubt you will find any independant viewers of the evidence that the red was inappropiatly seeded. If there isn't enough concrete proof here with the photos and DVD I'm at a loss to know what more could be provided.

Do you disagree it was incorrectly seeded?

No one is being victimised. What is under discusion is wrongly seeded dogs. The particular matter of this race is continuing because a minority will not accept the overwhelming evidence.

I'm afraid I have every right to state the proven result of someones actions on this forum as an example of the idea being discussed. Furthermore neither was the owner named by me. In truth I don't know the owner although I suspect you do as friends of yours .As for concrete evidence, expertise and jurisdiction we shall await the decision of the racing managers backed by the NNWRF committee.

Frankly this would have stopped long ago if everyone had accepted the facts and those that needed to take responsibility had done so. Unfortunatley this is whippet racing so I'm not optimistic this will happen any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
mutley said:
i think its a little unfair on Moira and Lou  for it to keep getting dragged up :( I'm sure no malice is intended though :(   best to be put to rest now maybe :)
Absolutley true. :thumbsup:

No malice is intended towards the owners Moira and Lou and you're right Gary it is a little unfair on them to be the center of attention.

Unfortunatley it won't go away as long as both sides refuse to leave it alone. Specific points raised can't go unanswered.

rob67 said:
Tony Taylor said:
Moondust said:

It needs to stop.

chris

so right everyone will have a OPINION on what dog did what even when watching the dvd and looking at photo's,

SAME OLD FACEES JUST CANT LET A TOPIC DROP

OK SOME DOGS WERE SEEDED WRONG

YES MY DOG RAN OUT OF HIS NORMAL ROUTINE

SO IN THIS RACE YOU COULD SAY WAS SEEDED WRONG

BORING BORING BORING BORING :wub: :wub: :wub: CANT WAIT FOR ONE OF YOUR DOGS TO RUN OUT OF CHARACTER OHH WHAT FUN I WILL HAVE ;)

GARY I DONT NOW WHAT IM DOING FARMER :rant: :p

Tony Taylor said:
rob67 said:
Tony Taylor said:
Moondust said:

It needs to stop.

chris

Whilst you may prefer the events in this race not to have any further public discusion ultimatly that's not your decision to make. I would be interested to know who doesn't think that inappropiate seeding occurred in this particular race? I think you will find that , as far as the NNWRF are concerned, it will be the opinion of the racing managers that will prove to be the ones that matter.

K9 allows free expresion of opinions. My opinion is that those at fault should take responsibility for their actions.

In this particular case it isn't a matter of opinion since their are multiple high quality photos of the race, many posted on this site, along with a DVD which is readily available. What occurred in this particular race is a matter of fact not opinion. I seriously doubt you will find any independant viewers of the evidence that the red was inappropiatly seeded. If there isn't enough concrete proof here with the photos and DVD I'm at a loss to know what more could be provided.

No one is being victimised. What is under discusion is wrongly seeded dogs. The particular matter of this race is continuing because a minority will not accept the overwhelming evidence.

I'm afraid I have every right to state the proven result of someones actions on this forum as an example of the idea being discussed. Furthermore neither was the owner named by me. In truth I don't know the owner although I suspect you do as friends of yours .As for concrete evidence, expertise and jurisdiction we shall await the decision of the racing managers backed by the NNWRF committee.

Frankly this would have stopped long ago if everyone had accepted the facts and those that needed to take responsibility had done so. Unfortunatley this is whippet racing so I'm not optimistic this will happen any time soon.

Entertaining words tony, I wasnt aware you spoke for the majority of those on K9 or for the fed? It is to be hoped that the issue of seeding, and whether it is done correctly or not, is far more sensitively handled than the comments thus far on this thread.

I am sure that if people are told by the racing managers in person that their dog might need to be seeded differently then they will listen far more than being told on this public forum and discussed continually. This thread is an example of what the fed said they were not going to do, I think you should follow their lead.

This is not the way, in my opinion, that it should be discussed, whether you have the right of freedom of speech or not.

chris

Entertaining words tony, I wasnt aware you spoke for the majority of those on K9 or for the fed? It is to be hoped that the issue of seeding, and whether it is done correctly or not, is far more sensitively handled than the comments thus far on this thread.

I am sure that if people are told by the racing managers in person that their dog might need to be seeded differently then they will listen far more than being told on this public forum and discussed continually. This thread is an example of what the fed said they were not going to do, I think you should follow their lead.

This is not the way, in my opinion, that it should be discussed, whether you have the right of freedom of speech or not.

chris

Agree with you wholeheartedly Chris, This is fast turning into a very unpleasant topic. It has become an extremely good example of how not to broach subjects with tact and diplomacy. Whenever you have a group of people watching a sporting event, any sporting event, everyone sees it differently, that is just the nature of things but unfortunately some people seem to think if you make a statement often enough and loud enough others will automatically agree with you and Im sorry life just aint like that. I dont see how anything useful can be learnt by this topic continueing, I certainly haven't learnt anything useful or positive from it despite asking what I consider to be sensible questions. So I too sincerely hope people will let the matter drop.

rob67 said:
Tony Taylor said:
rob67 said:
Tony Taylor said:
Moondust said:

It needs to stop.

chris

chris

I wasn't aware that I spoke for the majority of those on K9 or for the fed either. I really don't think I have suggested that I do and if you care to read my posts no such articulation was given or implied.

You may believe that the racing manager will have more success in private and I sincerely hope this is true but the reply on this thread by Moondust doesn't fill me with confidence.

While you may be of the opinion that this is not the right way it should be discussed the irony of your assertion above isn't lost on me.

At the request of a number of posters and to prevent those who are unable to stop this particular thread from degenerating further, the thread is now closed.

Members should feel free to open a new topic on seeding if they wish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back