The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Champs Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
evidence on the dvd looks different lol :blink: :wacko:

Anyone else had there dvd :- "

Have to say silver bullet went straight into the rail and like i said before followed it all the way, in-fact looks like he was that close to rail coming off last bend he might of clipped it

DENISE BAILEY said:
evidence on the dvd looks different lol :blink:   :wacko:
Anyone else had there dvd  :- "

Have to say silver bullet went straight into the rail and like i said before followed it all the way, in-fact looks like he was that close to rail coming off last bend he might of clipped it

still waiting for our dvd :(

Just quickly goin through it now - don't worry Sally your in fine voice as usual :thumbsup: but then i have to admit to being a little vocal on it too unless it was Kim not me :thumbsup:

sadieandco said:
Just quickly goin through it now - don't worry Sally your in fine voice as usual :thumbsup:   but then i have to admit to being a little vocal on it too unless it was Kim not me :thumbsup:

Must admit i watched it with no volume on lol it got a bit unbearable

hellbound said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
m warren said:
wild whippies said:
Vicky said:
Ahhhhhh - now where's that seeding thread  (w00t)
Tony mentioned that my shots of the 36lb ht2 could of given viewers the perception that Dobs was trying to run wide in this race as I only posted some on the sequence. For the record here's the whole sequence. (not the best kind of race you want to see your dog in when it's just recovered from an injury)

36lbht23.sized.jpg

36lbht24.sized.jpg

Wasant going to reply to this but seeing every one seems to know my dog better than me i thought i would STAG POSSESSED has alway been a wide runner up to the first bend chopping in then would run the rail this does not make him a wide runner as he would always change if there was a dog in his way.

BUT at the nwrf champs in october2007 he droped a mussel on his right back leg and has not ran on the bend since but in training on the straight he has had a tendancey to stray to the right i thought this was because he had more power in his left back leg .it was for this reason i seeded him wide .Iwas wrong but a no time did he impeed any dog at any time in the race so has no case to answer.

gary :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary i for 1 never said i new your dog better than you ! " but from your post in answer you don't seem to know him that well lol " :) also said it was only 1 race,

we all no that more i would say in bend racing,

lots of reason's that determine why dogs change from his / her seeded position, i.e injure, pushing out /in by other dog's, wanting that seeded position more, in-experience dogs and owner trying to keep there own dog out of trouble or give there own dog a better chance, thats why you can't watch 1 race and say a dog is seeded wrong, :wacko:

and i'm sorry i did not see the race and up till now only have the few photo's so can't say weather your dog did impeed any of the other dogs in the race hope your right but like you say thats more by luck than judgment not good on championship day, and not wishing to have ago you have been honest and said you were wrong but with your experience if you can make a mistake, what chance have new members got

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance of a copy of that DVD,being sent this way....Billy...

I CAN TELL YOU NOW MY DOG IS A GOOD HONEST BEND DOG LOOKS FOR A GAP AND TAKES IT NEVER HAS HE IMPEEDED ANOTHER DOG . IF I HAD NOT SEEDED HIM AND HE HAD MOVED OUT WIDE THROUGH NO THOUGHT OF HIS OWN IM SURE SOMEONE ON HERE WOULD OF HAD SOME THING TO SAY.

:) GARY :p

billy send me your address again i will pop one in the post for you

after just getting back on the net i am disgusted that my daughters dog is being made an example of he is new to the bends and he wont be running on the bends again and to say he caused all the bother is a joke at the end of the day avit was beat and my daughters dog had just come back from injurie also my daughter loves running the dogs it makes you think why bother racing whippets when dogs get beat and this happens looking at the photos it was 50/50 avit came across to the rail i been racing 25 years and never had trouble like this before :rant:

Looking at Vickys pics,think Avits trouble started with Maggie coming across for the rail out of the traps.remember Rich being worried that Maggie might take a dog down as she came over to the rail,but seeing as Rich seeded her inside,he can't be in trouble.That makes a change Rich :- " :lol: :D

One race causing so much controversy :( what would the chances be if this race was re run with all dogs in the same traps that the same thing would happen again? Just my opinion 'every race is different' and different positionings cause different outcomes - if one of the dogs fell out and another got where it wanted and then one of the others didnt catch the legs of another - this same race could be run again with a totally different outcome. That was how that 'particular' race went on that particular day :blink: luck of racing or in some cases lack of luck it comes with the sport - we all need that luck. Its a shame one race seems to have been singled out and is upsetting some of the owners.

Moondust said:
after just getting back on the net i am disgusted that my daughters dog is being made an example of he is new to the bends and he wont be running on the bends again and to say he caused all the bother is a joke at the end of the day avit was beat and my daughters dog had just come back from injurie also my daughter loves running the dogs it makes you think why bother racing whippets when dogs get beat and this happens looking at the photos it was 50/50 avit came across to the rail i  been racing 25 years and never had trouble like this before :rant:

First of all, if you take the time to look back at my posts, I never identified one dog as solely being responsible for upsetting the race. If you also look back you'll note that I had concerns for both dogs in the race not just my own. The purpose of posting the photos was to show that some dogs were running out of their seeded positions and that 2 dogs connected in the race and could be carrying an injury as a result.

Your dog also made contact at the Tyrone so it may be worthwhile having your dog checked out again, especially if it has been previously injured as it may have returned or is playing a factor in your dogs ability to run inside.

What relevance there is in saying Avit was beat is of no interest to me as I thought the dog ran his best race to date (also following injury, hence not running at any other events subsequent from the Bend Derby)

Whether you feel that the incidents in the race was 50% responsible to your own dog and 50% responsible to Avit is debatable, for one you admit Avit ran for the rail, which is appropiate behaviour for a dog seeded inside. However, in my eyes there's also the other elements of an extreme railer being unfortunately placed in the middle of the race and another dog that ran it's race different from it's seeding.

If you choose to abstain your dog from bend racing that is entirely your decision, but I do think it would dissapoint your daughter a lot more than some debate on the internet. Furthermore your dog is young and only just started out on the bends, he has performed well initially and will probably run even better with more experience so why deny him the chance?

For the record, I don't think the outcome of the race would of been any different, Ruby Murray ran a fine race, blitzing the lids and powering all the way to get what was a well deserved win. :thumbsup:

Jac

sadieandco said:
One race causing so much controversy  :(   what would the chances be if this race was re run with all dogs in the same traps that the same thing would happen again? Just my opinion 'every race is different' and different positionings cause different outcomes - if one of the dogs fell out and another got where it wanted and then one of the others didnt catch the legs of another - this same race could be run again with a totally different outcome.  That was how that  'particular' race went on that particular day  :blink: luck of racing or in some cases lack of luck it comes with the sport - we all need that luck. Its a shame one race seems to have been singled out and  is upsetting some of the owners.
got to agree with what you say :D

if you watch greyhound racing nearally every race there is bumping it's a all part of bend racing it's the chance you take, :D

Out of the traps black gets a clean break, runs straight and gets away from the other dogs to stay in front and win. Black wasn'r seeded.

From the traps white immediatly starts to move for the rail causing blue to be squeezed between it and the red. The red makes no effort to move to the rail and plays it's part in the sqeeze of the blue. Blue is squeezed out and forced to drop back. White continues to push towards the rail being in continous contact with the red down to the first corner impeding both dogs progress.Coming into the first bend red has pushed white out which starts to drop back.

Orange has run straight from the traps to the first bend where it moves over to the rail and red and orange contact. My view is orange would not have been able to cut in front if there had been no prior interference between red, white and blue. White and blue are behind at this point and aren't interfered with by orange..

Red starts to pass orange on the outside.

Blue is making up ground and tries to pass red on the outside but is pushed wide by the red all the way through the second bend. Blue eventually gets passed red after being interfered with and red then runs very wide.

Blue overtakes orange on the inside coming out of the bend and white is also inside the orange.

Red runs the widest of all the dogs bar perhaps black in the race at the second bend to move to the middle of the track down the finish straight.

Orange also runs to the middle of the track after the second bend

Coming down the back straight white is on the rail and blue has moved over to the rail. Orange and red come down the middle of the track.

Even though there are no dogs near it at the end of the race the red doesn't move over to the rail.

In this race red interferes with white, blue and orange because it doesn't run inside.

Orange does cut in on the bends but even if it wasn't seeded wide it would still have done so. It does run straight from the boxs and does run wide out of the second bend.

Blue and even more so the white both made to run inside from the start.

IMO if red wasn't seeded the race would have been completely different.

Red didn't run inside at the Tyrone either.

didn't realize till now it was father and daughter in that race :thumbsup:

stag possessed and ruby murry is the mother a greyhound gaz

i didnt realise one race could cause so much trouble and youhave been watching my daughters dog so much at the end of the day you cant help what happens on the bends and it wasnt the only race where bumping was going on i hope this is the end of this because i am getting sick of this now if it had been any other racebut avits nothing would have been said at the end of the day ruby murray was the worthy winner

i didnt realise one race could cause so much trouble and youhave been watching my daughters dog so much at the end of the day you cant help what happens on the bends and it wasnt the only race where bumping was going on i hope this is the end of this because i am getting sick of this now if it had been any other racebut avits nothing would have been said at the end of the day ruby murray was the worthy winner

Moondust said:
The problem was not that Smokey Blue misbehaved but the fact that it was seeded wrongly. Whilst bumping can't always be helped in this instance it was caused by the owner seeding the dog incorrectly and they should accept responsibility for the problems it caused.

It might not have been the only race where bumping occurred but it was the worst.

Rhyme and Reason won the 36lb scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back