The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Champs Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
weathergirls said:
the NNWRF are keeping a close eye on seedings and have been for a while now however it is no easy task seeding of a dog in the handicap will more often than no discard itself  however in scratch racing  as I believe owners seed their dogs as to how they come out of the traps  it should be fairly easy to pick who is and who isn't seeded correctly   looking at the pics of the race in this debate at present it is showing dogs coming off the top bend  and depending on the the build and agility of some dogs they will naturally be thrown wide at this point in a race. these are just a couple of points that need to be taken into consideration when we talk about where a dog has been seeded and where it finishes a race on the bends

As for straight racing it should be easier as there is a view of the dogs from trap to line 

The NNWRF committee is willing to take this on board if the members are in agreement BUT we won't be riding roughshot over anyone and disqualifying dogs simply because they have bumped into a dog on its left  when it had been seeded right unless it was considered deliberate of course

If the person we have in mind is willing to take on this role I believe it will make for some better, cleaner and safer racing

thankyou 4 pointing this out linda as i did ask in a previous post about the straights but only u have answered and its put my mind @ rest as like i said in the previous post @ this rate wot with people mentioning banning dogs for 3 months etc people who have severe left/right, benders.railers will b scared 2 seed their dogs incase they happen to have one more severe than them! so cheerz :cheers:

another problem is people just turning up for bend champs, with a bloody dog you have never seen there before, and 9 times out of 10 the dog cant bend properly, and ends up spoiling it for a dog that may have had a very good chance...

we have all seen it.

sherry said:
weathergirls said:
the NNWRF are keeping a close eye on seedings and have been for a while now however it is no easy task seeding of a dog in the handicap will more often than no discard itself  however in scratch racing  as I believe owners seed their dogs as to how they come out of the traps  it should be fairly easy to pick who is and who isn't seeded correctly   looking at the pics of the race in this debate at present it is showing dogs coming off the top bend  and depending on the the build and agility of some dogs they will naturally be thrown wide at this point in a race. these are just a couple of points that need to be taken into consideration when we talk about where a dog has been seeded and where it finishes a race on the bends

As for straight racing it should be easier as there is a view of the dogs from trap to line 

The NNWRF committee is willing to take this on board if the members are in agreement BUT we won't be riding roughshot over anyone and disqualifying dogs simply because they have bumped into a dog on its left  when it had been seeded right unless it was considered deliberate of course

If the person we have in mind is willing to take on this role I believe it will make for some better, cleaner and safer racing

thankyou 4 pointing this out linda as i did ask in a previous post about the straights but only u have answered and its put my mind @ rest as like i said in the previous post @ this rate wot with people mentioning banning dogs for 3 months etc people who have severe left/right, benders.railers will b scared 2 seed their dogs incase they happen to have one more severe than them! so cheerz :cheers:

Owners seeding their dogs purely as to how they come out of the traps is an interesting thought but I can't actually think of any instances when this has been given as the reason a particular dog has been seeded on the bends. Dogs that rail don't get thrown wide - they'll hold the rail even at the cost of speed.

I don't think anyone is talking about disqualifing dogs for mild bumping but mild bumping isn't what the pictures show. I've had one dog with a broken leg thanks and I don't want another just because of the irresponsible actions of another owner made possible by inaction on behalf of the racing bodies. Same goes for dogs fighting.

Sherry, if a dog/owner has been brought to the attention of the racing manager by other racers, had evidence presented against it, been warned, been disqualified for running out of posistion and then finally banned for 3mths for again running out of posisition then by that point don't you think that dog/owner might just have to consider it is being seeded wrongly?

The other dogs/owners in the race deserve a fair chance as well. I recall a No Limit race where the orange, seeded right crossed in front of the black hampering it, took out whites rear legs and finally pushed the blue left all way up the track. Next race it was seeded left. All this by an owner who openly admited seeding the dog as an experiment.

If owners can't seed their dogs responsibly then they shouldn't be allowed to seed them at all.

If a dog seeded wide comes out of the trap keeping a true line, then just before the first bend cut's in to the bend, how would you seed this dog? Or vice versa :- "

milly said:
If a dog seeded wide comes out of the trap keeping a true line, then just before the first bend cut's in to the bend, how would you seed this dog? Or vice versa :- "

what ever way you seeded it would not be the right one but if it runs straight to bend don't see how anyone could complain -- same way you drive your van Geoff--lol

steve

to me thats bend racing (w00t) allways been the same :D bring on the straights cant wait proper whippet racing :D im gonna get it now from the bendies :D

milly said:
Wouldn't seed it Geoff,think its followed the hare and come in due to the hare being round the bend,and the cambre of the bend.

The first dog we seeded was Crack O Dawn,,,Right,,,and he went right,,,running on the grass at the bend champs (w00t)

The next was Guess When,,,Left,,he went left till he grew into an adult and then ran down the miggle,,,we did not seed him again.

Guess Again was seeded,,,Right,,Last year,,,He's not had a run up a track this year,,,so he will be seeded right ,,unless he's like Guess When,,and goes down the middle of the track.

We dont bend race,so will have to wait till Gizmo has a few club races to see if he's going to be seeded this year (w00t)

All my other dogs ran down the middle of the track,maybe bumping a few dogs to get there :b

milly said:
You shouldn't seed if it runs a true line.

It's not it's posisition on the track per se that determines whether they are wide or rail but how it runs in relation to other dogs. Railers run inside the other dogs and wide runners run outside the other dogs.

You should know better Geoff ;)

rodders said:
milly said:
Wouldn't seed it Geoff,think its followed the hare and come in due to the hare being round the bend,and the cambre of the bend.

Do you mean camber?

milly said:
rodders said:
milly said:

Do you mean camber?

:p :lol: Come on then what would you do with this particular dog

mutley said:
to me thats bend racing (w00t) allways been the same :D   bring on the straights cant wait proper whippet racing :D im gonna get it now from the bendies :D

you always did get it from the bendy's ---pooof

steve

rodders said:
milly said:
rodders said:
milly said:

Do you mean camber?

:p :lol: Come on then what would you do with this particular dog

If it belonged to The Rules Maurice

let it run from anywhere --any one elses place a small amount of lead in its left ear --

LOL

Steve

if my young dog is trailed from the 6 box he goes strait to the inside rail..well before the bend.

Tony Taylor said:
milly said:

It's not it's posisition on the track per se that determines whether they are wide or rail but how it runs in relation to other dogs. Railers run inside the other dogs and wide runners run outside the other dogs.

I was only asking to see if you lot knew the answer :wacko: Penny over took Turkish on the outside after Turkish lead her to the first bend, he was in the blue jacket and she was in the red, they were both seeded inside. So you are saying I shouldn't have seeded her inside then Tony. :b

milly said:
Tony Taylor said:
milly said:

I was only asking to see if you lot knew the answer :wacko: Penny over took Turkish on the outside after Turkish lead her to the first bend, he was in the blue jacket and she was in the red, they were both seeded inside. So you are saying I shouldn't have seeded her inside then Tony. :b

Penny was in white at BWRA champs and overtook on the outside. Turkish was in blue and Penny was in red yet Penny overtook on the outside. Penny doesn't need to be seeded inside. It might be desirable and improve her chances of winning but it appears she won't interfere with other dogs if she isn't seeded inside.

Tony Taylor said:
milly said:
Tony Taylor said:
milly said:

Penny was in white at BWRA champs and overtook on the outside. Turkish was in blue and Penny was in red yet Penny overtook on the outside. Penny doesn't need to be seeded inside. It might be desirable and improve her chances of winning but it appears she won't interfere with other dogs if she isn't seeded inside.

So are you saying, that only dogs that interfere with other dogs need to be seeded then? I think it's going to be a long night :lol:

milly said:
Tony Taylor said:
milly said:
Tony Taylor said:
milly said:

So are you saying, that only dogs that interfere with other dogs need to be seeded then? I think it's going to be a long night :lol:

Yes

only dogs that miight interfere with other dogs in it's prefered posistion (when they are not seeded) need seeding

Wrong, when Penny eventually over took Turkish, she moved over to the inside, therefore she is a inside runner. She could not over take him on the inside because he was hugging the rail, so the only way for her to get past was to go past on the out side. So I will continue to seed her inside because she prefers the inside, regardless to wether she does or doen't interfer with other dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back