The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Racing

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
The £120 counterfeit money was about £240 when you take into account all the change given out of each £10 or £20 ..... maybe the police have been informed i couldn't say

Is this hard fact or is this hear say, cos if u dont know for sure this realy shouldnt be on here.

From what I have heard the bar man knew who it was using the conterfit money,if this is the case why did he take £120 worth?

Yes its fact i dont know why he took £120

:) just search the internet for caravan site in nottingham, and it came back with 10 page's of site's, so why not stay at asfordby for the champs and just camp somewhere within nottingham, the most you would travel maybe 1 hour from your caravan site, most racer's do that to run at there club, so can't see why this can't work,

how many take dogs?

its worth thinking about as you could arrive and stay as long as you wanted

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had chance to read through the thread properly, have only just come back online - but why the hell would anyone with decent facilities and track with a large enough venue for camping now offer it to us lot? Our track is being done this year and apart from our own open we wont be risking losing our club for the sake of letting some selfish people run their dogs there - these are the people that should be being issued with warnings & bans.

Well said Vicky and whilst we are on this thread :- " -------the person who put all the money over the bar must have spent a awful long time in the bar ----it dont need a detective from-- Scotland Yard Fraud Squad ----to sus out who it could have been---as he wont have paid with a twenty pound note every time he bought a drink!!!!! :)

steve

Well said Vicky it is about time these "thugs" were banned as it is them that has lost the Members the venue :oops:

I fully agree with Vicky's comments, but will anything be done ?. This should be brought up at both the BWRA and FED AGM. so the members can vote on the issue, should we ban, should we name and shame , or should we get the police involved. As if we do nothing we are sending out the message to all present and future venues, that fraudsters, liers, and people with no standards, or thoughts to others will be present at our next meetings. Does not bear thinking about does it?.

spellbound said:
(Quote ) 
if this is not KNOCKING, CRITICSING, what is it doing ?? when this website's used the way it should be TO INFORM everyone about racing matter's, we get the N/W BWRA SEC ( N.N.W.R.F . CHAIRPERSON ) LINDA BROOM, SAYING DON'T TELL THE MEMBERS, so should this website only be used for name calling, criticsing, naming and shaming, THAT THE BEST WAY IN YOUR OPINION TO PROMOTE WHIPPET RACING,

FIRST OFF SPELLBOUND LETS NOT TRY AND MAKE THIS TOPIC A SLAGGING MATCH BETWEEN THE BWRA AND THE FED, YOU ARE ONLY TRYING TO TWIST THE SITUATION AGAIN INTO SOME THING ITS NOT.

AS DOREEN HAS GIVEN HER ACCOUNT OF THE PROBLEMS THAT SHE KNOWS IS THE REASONS FOR THE LOSS OF ASHFORDBY, I ALSO HAVE GIVEN THE INFORMATION I HAVE RECEIVED AND I AM SURE THERE IS MORE TO IT.

THE NNWRF CHAIRMAN IS TRYING TO ARRANGE A MEETING WITH ASHFORDBY CLUE CHAIRMAN TO TALK THESE THINGS THOUGH AND SHED SOME LIGHT ON WHAT HAS GONE WRONG, SURLY IT WOULD BE IN THE INTEREST OF ALL WHIPPET RACERS TO FIND OUT ALL THE PROBLEMS. AS AND WHEN THE BWRA AND FED FIND SOME WHERE NEW TO HOLD THESE EVENTS WE CANNOT AFFORD FOR THE SAME THINGS TO RECUR, THUS MAYBE LOSING ANOTHER TRACK.

AS I STATED NONE OF THE NNWRF COMMITTEE HAVE HEARD FROM ASHFORDBY ABOUT LOSING OUR 2006 CHAMPS YET, BUT WE WILL NOT BE TO SURPRISED IF WE DO.

ALL WE CAN HOPE FOR IS THAT ANOTHER VENUE CAN BE SORTED SOON AND THE MAIN CAUSES OF THE LOSS OF ASHFORDBY DEALT WITH IN A APPROPRIATE MANNER

so you hav'nt got me on IGNORE USERS,

why if the nnwrf hav'nt been told the same, would the asfordby committee inform the bwra committee, that you have been told you can't have your camping weekends ??are you saying that the asfordby committee or doreen have lied,?? if so why would they, ?? and why would you have already wrote to old hall asking for your champs togo back there, this information was all over the track at the bwra championship everyone asking "why are they going back to old hall," ?? now we all know why :b

spellbound said:
so you hav'nt got me on IGNORE USERS,
why if the nnwrf hav'nt been told the same, would the asfordby committee inform the bwra committee, that you have been told you can't have your camping weekends ??are you saying that the asfordby committee or doreen have lied,?? if so why would they, ??  and why would you have already wrote to old hall asking for your champs togo back there, this information was all over the track at the bwra championship everyone asking "why are they going back to old hall," ?? now we all know why  :b

Is that a conclusion or simply the place where you got tired of thinking? I am not suggesting anyone is a lair that just your twisted mind...AS STATED IN A PREVIOUS POST THE NNWRF HAVE NOT TO DATE BEEN INFORMED THAT WE HAVE LOST OUR CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND THERE.

As far as the nnwrf going back to oldhall it was discussed last year so as usual your wrong again, In closing, I suggest the next time that you feel an urge to embarrass yourself and bore others, that you summon all your might, and resist.

Last edited by a moderator:
so who are the thugs in racing i dont know of any :( a few heated words now and then the odd little rucus but i cant see who the thugs are :( what will people think about people in here :( i am not arguing with the likes of spellbound anymore its not worth it -_- -_- you obviously thrive on it just look at your signature :x anything else i ever have to say to you both will not be on here.

Gary, you are obviously referring to myself, as I referred to people as "thugs". To me, people who leave their rubbish laying about, do not clean up and generally cause problems IMO are thugs. You may call "thugs" the litter louts of the streets of today, but I use the word generally to people who disrespect others and show no respect for venues like Asfordby. :oops:

Have you finished racing now Honeybee?

Not seen you for a while...

Karen

tanyia said:
weathergirls said:
IT IS THE CAMPING SIDE THAT HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN IS IT NOT, THE ACTUAL VENUE IS STILL THERE , IS IT POSSIBLE TO ARRANGE WITH A LOCAL CAMPSITE TO ACCOMMODATE THE CARAVANS AND TENTS
Ive only found one campsite for caravans , tents and thay take dogs, thay have showers and toilets. But it would mean a 35 minute drive there and back its about 24.5 miles from the track, but I have no idea how many caravans thay could take.

Found out any more Pauline about this site ??

Its probably handy to know 'how many dogs' they accept-per van....too.

Some of us as I'm sure you know have quite a brood to camp with.

Karen

That is so true Karen :) the thing which worries me camping away from the track is will the older whippets be ok being left in their cages, :oops: as it is when camping where the venue is we can get them out to go to the toilet periodically :D

-as a non racing member of this site i must say after reading the goings on on this thread im not surprised youve lost a venue if this is how your members behave. :blink: really folks you cant have people behaving like this at venues and expect the people letting you use their facilities to turn a blind eye to it.passing counterfeit money,emptying portaloos,urinating in bushes and fighting?and what got me totally gobsmacked was when i read further on it was WOMEN fighting!i thought it was men! (w00t) im not being judgemental here,im just saying that in the real world you cant expect folk to carry on letting you use their venue like this ,you have to take action and root out the bad apples in the barrel in my experience.if you dont the rot sets in and spreads. :thumbsup:

as far as im aware this is all just peoples opinions and as doreen hopkins stated right @ the begining of the thread we have lost the venue due to the race meeting gettiing too big. i for one will believe that until im told officailly otherwise. :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back