The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Can Anyone Help Please

argos1

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:( hi im not sure if im doing this right so please accept my apologies if its wrong or if ive put it in the wrong place. where do i start...we have a beautiful pedigree whippet called phoebe she is 20months old fawn in colour soft and cuddly and wonderful she is our baby and we adore her.my partner has had some terrible news regarding her health we have always known the time would come when we heard the words terminal but wasnt expecting it so soon, basically she has heart disease we are going to london next week for a last ditch attempt for some heart surgery but we know it wont make her better just maybe make her more comfortable, because of this situation we feel we are now unable to give phoebe all she needs and deserves i am my partners full time carer and she cannot be left alone at any time therefore phoebe isnt getting the walks or runs she so dearly loves so it is with utter sadness that we have decided to try and find phoebe a good loving new home.obviously we wouldnt allow her to go to just anyone as far as we are concerned she is family so we are not looking for someone who will put her outside all day then not allow her on the furniture nor someone who will shout at her or indeed hit her believe me we have seen people doing this to there whippets! phoebe is a very nervous little girl who needs to be with another dog as she loves to play but she also loves to be cuddled and kissed a lot she does obviously sleep with us and all we want to do is find her someone who will do the same love her and spoil her she is our life and this is breaking our hearts having to do this but with inevitable death not so far away now we have to do what is right for phoebe.if anyone can help us or knows of anyone please let us know.i must stress that we would never consider putting phoebe into kennels. many thanks and again sorry if this is wrong place for this. kat

What a hard decision to have to make :( .........Here's a link to someone looking for a Whippet to go with her dog ...... Lauren seems very nice when I spoke to her ....... :luck:

Whippet wanted ...

Really sorry to hear your bad news , you must be devestated . Life is certainly drawing you the bad card at present isnt it .

Im sure we can find her a super new home , it would help if you could give us an idea of where you live .

I take it you have already been in touch with her breeder , as being a breeder myself I always sell my pups on the proviso they come back to me should anything happen . If you havnt , give them a ring , they may have a super home waiting already

welcome to k9 , We are all here to help

Jackie and the Mulcair Whippets :huggles:

Im so sorry to hear of your bad news, i am sure you will find a lovely home for your phoebe :luck: :luck:

Lots & lots of luck to you in finding the very best home :luck: :luck: :luck:

It may worth contacting JR Whippet Rescue to see if they have any nice homes waiting for a whippet. :thumbsup:

So very very sorry , as my husband always says you have to put thing's into perspective at these times.

:luck: :luck: finding a home for your darling girl :wub:

And heartfelt wishes for you and your wife

Lillibet

lillybet said:
So very very sorry , as my husband always says you have to put thing's into perspective at these times.
:luck:   :luck: finding a home for your darling girl  :wub:

And heartfelt wishes for you and your wife

Lillibet

many thanks for your kind words, we have been in touch with her breeder but he is very old now and unable to take on a young lively baby which i totally understand, as for where we live we are in norfolk just outside norwich we have also been in touch with the broadland whippet and greyhound club but as yet no luck.again thank you for your kind words and support by the way what lovely whippet pics on this site adorable love them all.

How heartbreaking I hope you can find a home for her and that your partner finds peace when she needs it. Im so sorry for you both.

Shona :luck:

:( So sad.I am sure you will find her a very good home soon :luck: :luck:

BlueNoise said:
:( So sad.I am sure you will find her a very good home soon :luck:   :luck:
just for anyone who is wondering we live in norfolk...also although phoebe is a pedigree we are not looking for any money at all what we are looking for is a loving a secure home thats worth more to us than anything.we will try to put some pics on so you can see how beautiful she is as are all the wonderful whippets we have seen on here

All the best, Kat :huggles: You're in the right place here to find a good loving home for Phoebe :thumbsup:

Tracey X

Best of luck finding Phoebe a new home :luck: ...what a heartbreaking decision for you.. :huggles:

this must be tearing you to bits :( i'm so sorry,

i wonder if there is anyone who could long term foster her for you instead, then maybe in the future, the girl you both adore now could be there again to comfort you when you really need it most.

:luck: :huggles: :luck:

I can't imagine what you are going through at the moment, really feel for you all. You have certainly come to the right place, and I am sure Phoebe will find a smashing home very soon - wishing you all the best :luck: :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
:( I am so sorry. I know the decision really must have been heartbreaking for you and your partner on top of such devastating bad news.

Such terribly sad news and how very brave of you to think of Phoebe and her welfare first as many a person would not!

I am sure that JR Whippet Rescue have a list of people who are eager to re-home a Whippet and I am also certain that these homes will most likely have already been vetted so you can rest assured that Phoebe will be in a super home,you have enough already to be worrying about.

Lots of luck to you and your partner and for finding that perfect home for Phoebe :luck: :luck: Please keep us informed and welcome to K9, it is a pity is'nt under happier circumstances. :(

:( :luck: :huggles:

yep try JR whippet rescue, i was on their waiting list, and was told it was so long i might have to wait months.........maybe even up to a year :eek:

it really might be worth a go :luck: :luck:

so sorry to hear of your situation, Phoebe sounds beautiful, I really hope you can find a foster home for her, as I'm certain she would comfort you in the future

:luck: :huggles:

hely said:
yep try JR whippet rescue, i was on their waiting list, and was told it was so long i might have to wait months.........maybe even up to a year :eek:
it really might be worth a go :luck:   :luck:

have tried calling jr but no reply will try again 2morrow. thank you all so much for your lovely messages and kind words they are of great comfort to us at this difficult time now busy giving phoebe millions of kisses and cuddles. thank you all. kat

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back