The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Coat Advice For New Whippy Owner?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
dessie said:
doris said:
I'm not much better, I think they like a nice shiver, its good for them :- "
edited to say, only if its dry - I wouldn't dream of sending them out without a coat  in the wet - well, maybe drizzle :wacko:

How do you arrive at that theory?? You are more likely to incur muscle injury/damage by running dogs with cold muscles.

Why do you think athletes warm up in tracksuits before stripping to vest/shorts for their event and racehorses are walked endlessly round pre-parade and parade rings before cantering down to the start!!

It is done for a purpose and that is to warm up the muscles before strenuous exercise!

I bet you don't go out in the cold without a coat on.

:thumbsup:

Here is a pic of Kiah in her new Blizzard coat while out walking this morning - she loves it! :thumbsup:

IMG_3156.jpg

davethehorse said:
Here is a pic of Kiah in her new Blizzard coat while out walking this morning - she loves it! :thumbsup:
IMG_3156.jpg

love the coat and the cutie wearing it :wub:

Hello,

Which design/make is best to avoid that a male dog wet his own coat when peeing?

Many thanks

davethehorse said:
IMG_3156.jpg

Thats a smashing picture of her in the coat Dave - :thumbsup: and looks very good quality. :thumbsup:

Heres a picture of Oscar and Kobi in theres.... Ones from Vicky on K9 and the other one K9 dog coats.

(taken last year I might add - Kobi may need a new one this year) think Id be tempted to go for one like yours Dave from Jans Greyhounds Gifts. :thumbsup:

Resized_Coats_001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jan,

Yes I would recommend the Whippet Blizzard from Jans Gifts - its good quality and fits her well - I like the colours too - same as our racing syndicate jockey silks :thumbsup:

£15 is a good price too.

Kiah seems to really like it, especially when its windy :thumbsup:

davethehorse said:
IMG_3156.jpg

i agree these coats are cracking .here's ollie with his on

P1010075.jpg

and blue with his

P1010071.jpg

good price and fast delivery :thumbsup:

nicky12 said:
davethehorse said:
IMG_3156.jpg

i agree these coats are cracking .here's ollie with his on

P1010075.jpg

and blue with his

P1010071.jpg

good price and fast delivery :thumbsup:

Very smart indeed.

Yes Jans Gifts is a very fast service for everything. :thumbsup:

Looks like one of those is on the Christmas list. :)

Well Ive just ordered a black one with red trim...... sorry Ive copied Dave :)

thats 3 coats I have now - well ones getting a tad small :- "

Here's Willow in her coat from Jan's Gifts. It wonderful. Been throught the washing machine a few times as well, apart from the printed logo washing off, it comes up looking great! :thumbsup:

12nov06d.jpg

It tends to lie a slightly over to her left side, but that's just down to her missing left leg, otherwise it stays in place well.

You will have to post some pics of yours wearing them Jan - the black with red trim looks really smart I think :thumbsup:

Delivery is very quick from Jans Gifts.

davethehorse said:
You will have to post some pics of yours wearing them Jan - the black with red trim looks really smart I think :thumbsup:
Delivery is very quick from Jans Gifts.

Ive had other goods, ie collars, leads, stickers but never a coat. :thumbsup:

Yes I agree delivery is really quick and if you ever need to speak to Jan herself she is brilliant and very helpful. :thumbsup:

My god the coat came this morning - how fast a service is that - Brilliant. :thumbsup:

Only ordered the one for now - it looks navy in the pictures but is actually black.

Heres a couple of pictures especially for Dave - first Kobi wearing it then Oscar.

NewdogcoatsOctober06001.jpg

NewdogcoatsOctober06003.jpg

then Oscar decided hed had enough of posing in his new coat so he sat down. :- " :)

NewdogcoatsOctober06006.jpg

They look great in those Jan - they are good coats which should wear well - easy to sponge clean too :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back