The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Collars

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi Janet :) At the moment I just need to wait to find out what the general consensus is on the most popular designs (other than name collars which I don't think will be a problem) :)

I would suspect that the most popular colours are going to be light tan with antique brown (or the other way around) and then we need to decide on a cut out shape (stars, circles, hearts or diamonds).

Maybe we could agree to do a batch of antique brown/light tan collars of one design and a different colour combination of another design (maybe something for the girls) and the name collars?

I would think Diamonds would be a good generic cutout for everyone... And for the girls black with pink underneath would be really striking...

What kind of sizes? The same sizes as before? If so unfortunately they're too big for my girls who have very fine necks :(

Wendy

Sprout said:
I would suspect that the most popular colours are going to be light tan with antique brown (or the other way around) and then we need to decide on a cut out shape (stars, circles, hearts or diamonds).

I had light tan and antique brown with cut out stars for Bobby and Dolly's collars (one whippet type and one ordinary type). They are really lovely and wearing very well. I would definately order more in the future. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Glad to see you back Sprout.

Oh! I am so glad you came on here Sprout, I have kept looking for those collars!

I would love the brown/tan one you are discussing, with the stars cut out, for one of my dogs, (who is a darker brown brindle) and then a suitable colour along the same theme for my other boy (who is silver brindle), I had always thought a red/black comination would suit him, or something along those lines ...

Both are dogs as opposed to bitches ... what would you recommend please? I will go along with whatever you come up with as a bulk order-type thing for K9 (does all that make sense?).

Thanks Sprout (and Carlos!).

best wishes

Gill (aka Wilfred)

They are beautiful collars. :)

I've just ordered a martingale collar from Greyhound Gap since your website was no longer selling the collars.

I'd be interested to know what sizes, widths, etc might be available and at what kind of prices. I like the idea of stars on the collar myself, but not sure what the other options may be.

veronyc said:
Could I just recommend these:
http://www.freewebs.com/houndcollars/index.htm

There are gorgeous  :wub: and the quality is excellent and very reasonably priced with all monies going to a hound charity! :thumbsup:

Please take a look you won't be disappointed!

Well, I just had to have a look didn't I and blow me down ......... the harnesses that are on Greyhound Gap are virtually the same style as the one I had made for Ronan (but not by Anna from Greyhound Gap) when he had his bad back and I can thoroughly recommend them. Who was it that was after a harness????

Ooh yes, Anna's collars are excellent :thumbsup: (I have a Greyhound Gap dog!).

Regarding my collars, I'm going to sort out some pics of the cut out collars/leather colours that we've been discussing and the name collars too and see if we can sort out what would be best so that you can order and hopefully get the collars you want asap :)

Sprout said:
Ooh yes, Anna's collars are excellent  :thumbsup:   (I have a Greyhound Gap dog!).
Regarding my collars, I'm going to sort out some pics of the cut out collars/leather colours that we've been discussing and the name collars too and see if we can sort out what would be best so that you can order and hopefully get the collars you want asap :)

Any news? I missed out too last time, and would love to have some with names if you're doing them :thumbsup:

TC said:
Any news? I missed out too last time, and would love to have some with names if you're doing them  :thumbsup:
[SIZE=14pt]MORE!! [/SIZE] (w00t) You are worse than I am ........ please note that I resisted the turqouise snakeskin collar last Sunday!!!! LOL!!!

dessie said:
TC said:
Any news? I missed out too last time, and would love to have some with names if you're doing them  :thumbsup:

[SIZE=14pt]MORE!! [/SIZE] (w00t) You are worse than I am ........ please note that I resisted the turqouise snakeskin collar last Sunday!!!! LOL!!!

LOL ......And we were all VERY proud of you Dessie :lol:

Strike Whippets said:
dessie said:
TC said:

LOL ......And we were all VERY proud of you Dessie :lol:

Thank you soooooooooo much!! :huggles:

But she has found the same said collar with matching lead at a cheaper price LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Millie said:
But she has found the same said collar with matching lead at a cheaper price LOL  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:
With friends like you Millie, Dessie doesn't need enemies (w00t)

TC said:
Millie said:
But she has found the same said collar with matching lead at a cheaper price LOL  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:
With friends like you Millie, Dessie doesn't need enemies (w00t)

No it's all right TC, I can cope!!! o:)

Actually .......... it is NOT the same said collar but slightly different albeit snakeskin but the set is less than half the price!!!!!! (w00t) AND I haven't bought one (yet!) because I have ordered TWO :eek: martingale collars in snake print leather from the USA STILL cheaper than the one said collar! :thumbsup: :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back