The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Collars

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Gorgeous, gorgeous and even more gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub: Lesley - they look smashing. :thumbsup:

wow fabulous collars and all the dogs look gorgeous :wub: really enjoyed looking through this section, have already decided on the collars we want to order and not got the pups yet lol still not long to wait now......

diane

Does anyone know if Sprout has a new website, i NEED to order but i'm getting an error message.

No I was wondering the same Vicky, I would have liked to order some more - they are great collars. I do hope the havnt stopped making them.

Here's the new link My-Shops

Sadly I don't think they do the range of collars they used to ... :(

wilfred said:
where are those collars made, please?

Wilfred the collars were made in Malaga Spain, and usually it took about 6 weeks for the order. The were really well made and looked gorgeous. :wub:

and Sarah (LasVegas) I dont see the collars at all on that link now. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
No Jan I don't think they offer them anymore... a real shame 'cos I wanted another :( ... although my credit card is probably enjoying the breather! :- "

Yes I wouldnt have minded another too - Oscar still wears his brown one every day but sadly the blue one is a little tight on Kobi now - his neck has grown.... he wears one from Jans Gifts in black - but the quality of these particular collars were lovely.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW NO FAIR.

Just ordered a nice black one off ebay though with her name on in gold lettering :D
65_1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone :b I got a PM from somebody just now asking for the link to the website so they could see the collars everyone is talking about! (I get email notification when I get a PM you see).

As you can see from the website http://www.my-shops.net we've stopped offering the collars as one of our standard lines - but - there is a possibilty that we can still have them made for you.

I just want to explain why we stopped doing them first.

Those of you who ordered in the past, particularly the latter part of last year, will know that there was a long wait for collars - sometimes even longer than the timescale I gave.

This was causing me problems because Carlos (the lovely man in Spain makes them) produces fabulous quality goods....but he does it in....Carlos's time :b He really is a lovely guy and I have NO problems with his work at all but the system in Spain regarding time sort of works differently to our system so when I say 6 weeks, I mean 6 weeks, whereas over there it seems to mean 6 weeks but that might actually be 8. Or 9.

We had a LOT of orders for the collars and every day, I was receiving emails asking (quite rightly) when their collar was going to arrive and it was very difficult to explain that truly - it would be coming and we are not ripping you off - but my lovely spanish man is very busy producing goods for his own shop and only makes the collars for me in his spare time - not as a full time job.

So, after chatting with Carlos about it, we decided to pull them for the time being until either he could get more help or we found another way of selling them which didn't drive him me and you totally barking :blink: :wacko:

The long and short of it is this. Yes, we can still do the collars and if people are interested, I will talk to Carlos tonight/tomorrow and get a time scale for orders. But if you do order, you must understand the 'timescale' thing and you must be prepared to wait!

I've got to go puppy classes now (managed to land myself with a rescue Westie pup 3 weeks ago and she's 19 weeks old and going to her second pup class tonight - gawd help us) but I'll check in when I get home later and answer any questions.

Thank you for your kind comments about our goods :)

Hello Sprout

Thank you for the explanation.

I have 3 of your collars & am always checking up on the website to see if they are available. I would certainly love another & I don't mind the wait as I'm sure others would agree.

Hope you enjoyed puppy class I'm just off to mine with my 5 month old whippet :D

Hi Sprout, thanks for explaining, I am prepared to wait almost forever as the collars are of such good quality it's well worth the wait!! :D

Hi again :)

I spoke to Carlos before I went out to our puppy class (where my girly was very good :wub: ) and he said that he will make some collars - but - not as we used to do it before because before, we offered a sort of 'pick and mix' service where the customer could pick any colour leather(s), any pattern etc etc and as Carlos makes everything to order, it meant that he had to hand paint according to the customers requirement then wait for it to dry then add whatever needed to be added etc etc and it took him a long time.

So what he's said is that he will do name collars (black, antique brown, pink or blue and the name lettering in light tan) but other than that, he needs to be able to make collars in batches of the same type/colour so for example, he needs to make a batch of cut out stars in antique brown and light tan OR a batch of collars in black with chrome hearts & moons etc.

What I really need to ask you to do is let me know what sort of collar you would like to order and in what colours (obviously, this is without obligation at this point - it's just so that Carlos and I can work out what he's able to offer). If you don't know what you ordered, can you post a pic of the collar and then new people will also be able to see what we're talking about!

Once, between us, we've worked out what would be the best way forwards (without Carlos throwing a hissy fit and saying no!), we can take orders and get you some new collars - yayyyyyyyyy :thumbsup:

You may feel at this point that it would just be easier to get your collars from someone else and I wouldn't be offended. But if you want these particular collars, hopefully we can work out a way of getting you one, even if its not quite the same choice as before.

Over to you :b

OOh a sparkly black one with gems please as I already have the one with the moon & stars :)

I am really after cut out stars in antique brown and light tan, Alfie's current one is all mucky and he's losing his street cred! ;) No seriously, I would definately buy that collar if it becomes available :D

Great to hear from you again Sprout :thumbsup: its good to know we could order the collars again if we need to. :)

and Vicky ..... those collars look great in black. :thumbsup:

Hi Sprout thanks for the info. I would definitely be prepared to wait for a collar as I think they would suit a superstar, namely my Alfie! If poss, I would like a navy one with either cut out hearts (no 1 choice) or stars as he has a new navy coat for the winter. If navy isn't popular I would consider another colour. Do you need me to pm you with a definite order? Thanks. :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back