The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cost Of A Whippet Pup?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My Archie is.... Dalesmans Magic Flyer

Oscar is... Veredon Singapore Sling

Kobi is,,, Nemahelvic the Buzz Feeling....he was Buzz at Emmas

Yes I mean pet names :thumbsup: I've chosen all their registered names ,although Tanya did ask if Robbies name could have a hint of his parents names in some where which I was happy to do :D

I'm going to be really nosie now, but can I ask what some of the registered names are, sorry just interested :)

Course you can

Pearl= Calenna Pearl Shadow(white and black/light and dark)

Splodge=Calenna Double eclipse (black moon on each side)

Arrow= Calenna Raven Arrow(black with white arrow)

Trio = Calenna Raven Triad(black with white traingle)

Solo=Calenna Solo Onyx(one black leg)

Bullseye=calenna first hope(he was born first & Sprys racing name is Calenna Hope)

Robbie= Calenna Sprytly Taro(Spry + taro which is Kanes racing name(Taro is japenese for big boy :D

Do you like them :)

Digit is Collooney Silver Digiloo

Bloggs is lol in a wibbly wobbly world of his own*

* and no, that isn't a registered name!

what brilliant names lesley , such great meaning and thought went into every one of those :thumbsup:

urchin said:

Awww Kane goes there a lot too :clown:

urchin said:
*Lesley* said:
urchin said:

Awww Kane goes there a lot too :clown:

I think of it as his 'happy place' :clown:

I think the pups just inherited their colour from Kane because they are very clever little things. must take after Spry :lol:

ANY contract signed by both parties WILL stand up in court unless theres good reasons for it not doing so.ive been a professional witness in a couple of cases and in each the judges upheld contracts.i was also a pro witness for a woman in a dispute with an ex over the ownership of a dog after theyd split up.she won her case as my advice to her was to emphasise the dog was bought as a gift for her from the ex.a gift cant be returned in law so she got to keep her dog(after much protracted wrangling and many legal arguments from both sides)in the increasingly litigious society we live in nowadays i think its always better to cya :thumbsup: (cover your ass)

when i had my litter i was more than happy for people to change there pet names . luckily though everyone who had one kept the name id given them :D

with the kc reg name if i know beofre hand who is having a puppy etc i would be happy to let them pick there own name although i do tend to have a theme or common word so as long as they are happy to incorporate that then they can choose there own kc name :thumbsup:

my girls are

Jan + Cobyco center of attraction at saraquele

Bliss + Saraquele sacred charm

Janimal said:

*Lesley* said:
Course you can

Bullseye=calenna first hope(he was born first & Sprys racing name is Calenna Hope)

Robbie= Calenna Sprytly Taro(Spry + taro which is Kanes racing name(Taro is japenese for big boy :D

my gosh how long did it take you to think all of them up, there really good.

bullseyes is my fav. and i love splodge sounds really magical. :)

its nice you stuck kane in there for one to, he might have felt left out other wise :)

Janis do you know what Gems name?

When I had my last litter any one who had booked a pup let me know what name they wanted and it was called that from the start. My Angel was christened Angel as soon as she as born by my husband as was her mum Rosie christened by me. They can also pick their own pedigree names if they chose their pup before I register them.

My lots pedigree names are

Owen- Barnesmore Yesterday

Bandit -Barnemore El Bandito

Jasper- Moonlight Sonata

Tegan -Barnesmore Gypsy Rose at Oakmoorehill

Rosie -Oakmoorehill Black Rose

Angel-Oakmoorehill Spirit of Life

Nathan-Oakmoorehill Nyanga

Freyja-Barnesmore Killer Queen at Oakmoorehill

the greyhounds

William-Barnesmore Billy the Kid

Button- Bodell Button at Oakmoorehill

The setter

Zoe -Casachared Choe 'o' Galway at Oakmoorehill(try writting that in the little space they give you on entry forms :oops: )

Button ,Freyja and Bandit came to us with their names and I wouldn't change them as they were older dogs William came to us at 8 months of age called WILLIE. There was no way I was shouting that at the park so he became William. He still does get called Willie and he does answer to it

k4tie-d said:
Janimal said:

*Lesley* said:
Course you can

its nice you stuck kane in there for one to, he might have felt left out other wise :)

Katie

Roxys name is Flyby Daisy

I will find out what Gems name is for you ...I just forget

but Rubys dad is Parkstone Buttons (Sam) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

and Lesley I just love all those names they are fab.. :wub: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Katie

Roxys name is Flyby Daisy

I will find out what Gems name is for you ...I just forget

but Rubys dad is Parkstone Buttons (Sam) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanks janis,

im just nosie lol

k4tie-d said:
Janimal said:

*Lesley* said:
Course you can

To be honest Katie I suppose it was easier for me than some because they were all black and white I just went with that theme really :D

It's like Bullseye I called him that when he was born because of the black eye(oliver twist dog) but it was a nickname because I wasnt keeping him, but now I am I can't imagine him being called anything else :lol: I wouldn't have even thought of that for a proper name :lol:

To be honest Katie I suppose it was easier for me than some because they were all black and white I just went with that theme really :D

It's like Bullseye I called him that when he was born because of the black eye(oliver twist dog) but it was a nickname because I wasnt keeping him, but now I am I can't imagine him being called anything else :lol: I wouldn't have even thought of that for a proper name :lol:

i ment i liked "callennas first hope" lol i like bullseye to but thats what i ment. what made you decided to keep bullseye and pearl?

i think that must be the hardest choice ever to pic out of your own litter. i think i would just want to keep them all lol

Well with Pearl we wanted a girl so to narrow down because kane was black and white we decided to go white and black so that left Pearl and Solo, hard decision :unsure: so we went for the half head which we have a liking for :D

Bullseye well he was first born and the littlest at only just over 5oz so I made it my mission to get him fattened up, put him on the big teats and generally watched him grow and of course became so attached I couldn't bear the thought of parting with him :b :huggles:

From being tiny he just sits and looks at you as if he's figuring you out its a bit sureal really :wub: :wub:

:wub: :wub: awa! thats nice.

i hope your going to take lots of photos of them altogether before they leave. :wub: :wub:

I have read the comments on this topic and it appears that some consider the cost of whippets as obscene. I bought my dog six years ago for the prices quoted. While it was expensive by our standards (given our exchange rate), I was prepared to pay the asking price as I wanted the lines and type. I have no regrets.

What I think needs to be put into perspective is the puppy price of comparible breeds (particularly of similar popularity). Only that way will people be able to assess whether the asking price of our breed is excessive or not.

kris said:
ANY contract signed by both parties WILL stand up in court unless theres  good reasons for it not doing so.ive been a professional witness in a  couple of cases and in each the judges upheld contracts.i was also a pro witness for a woman in a dispute with an ex over the ownership of a dog after theyd split up.she won her case as my advice to her was to emphasise the dog was bought as a gift for her from the ex.a gift cant be returned in law so she got to keep her dog(after much protracted wrangling and many legal arguments from both sides)in the increasingly litigious society we live in nowadays i think its always better to cya :thumbsup: (cover your ass)

Kris - if ownership of the dog passes to a third party surely the original contract does not automatically pass to the new owner if the new owner did not sign it?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back