The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Coursing With Prize Money

CHRIS DOYLE

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello all coursers :thumbsup:

You may be interested in this: East Anglian Whippet Country Club is to host a open lure coursing meeting with a cash prize for the winner and other prizes for the winner and runner up. The provisional details are as follows:

Venue Holbeach Lincolnshire

Date During September 2007 on a Saturday.

It is hoped to be a 32 dog stake ie 5 runs to win /runner up

Distance approx 400 metres in each case.

Dogs to run from slips

Independent and experienced slipper/releaser and judge

Natural lure.(no paper bags)

Dogs to run in red or white collars.

The course to be a combination of straights and bends

Lure line run over a series of pulleys. NOT a continuous loop

Open to KC registered whippets not exceeding 21 inches in height.

The winner will receive £50 and one years free subscription to EAWCC.

The runner up will receive one years free subscription to EAWCC.

Entry fee of £10 (ten) per dog. To be paid by cheque to EAWCC 2 weeks before the event, the actual date of which will be notified in due course.

It is clear that many of these places will be filled by EAWCC members so as in most things, It will be first come first served.

PM me if you need to. Thanks

LAMPY :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Woohoo (w00t)

Please empty your inbox, and take this as a 'Yes please, and how do I get my name down on the list?' post (w00t)

Spry will be up for that El mcLampo, will her family be joining her :D

Will you put her name down and send me the details when they are finalised please :huggles:

Hello Lesley and TC. Your names are down. Please Pm me with your home address and contact number.

Ive lost yours Lesley.

Well done ladies :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've tried to, but your box is full again :- "

:sweating: You have a pm :thumbsup:

*Lesley* said:
Will you put her name down and send me the details when they are finalised please :huggles:

Hi Spryers :thumbsup: Yes we'll be thereZ and B.Should be a good day. Will Kane be running??

lamping man said:
*Lesley* said:

Hi Spryers :thumbsup: Yes we'll be thereZ and B.Should be a good day. Will Kane be running??

Don't know lampy he's hasn't done any coursing yet although I think he'd enjoy it and he's very fucused :thumbsup: I'll have a word with Andy see what he thinks :)

they would all love it but we will be coming in the car rather than the guzzler (w00t) so we thought we'd bring the Spry as she doesn't get a chance to do what she's bred to do up here :(

And of course any chance to meet up with the family :huggles:

Had a word with Andy and we will bring Kane too :D so will you put him down too lampy please :huggles:

Why pay when.The judges fix it like last time.The winner is already decided :oops:

Hi everyone and thankyou all for the positive response for the open event. We are now liaising with the landowner with a view to staging the event on 22 or 29 Sept. The date will be finalised quite soon following which I will ask you to make your booking. I will need for you to state the following:

KC name of dog (not racing name)

Height

Colour

Dog or bitch

Sire and Dam.

No need as yet to give me that info although I am aware that some of you have given me some of those details. That list will be required whan you submit your booking to the club secretary. More of which later.

Thanks LAMPY :thumbsup:

pennymeadows pestering again! :rant: so we might be having a ride down with a few runners.

:( I can't come on the 29th :eek:

Did you get my pm on TWF as you were full here again :- "

put our names down lampy,will try a couple of mine if thats ok :thumbsup:

tracey this could be the time we get to meet :))

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back