The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Coursing With Prize Money

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
the BORN TO RUN team was certainly the hottest team on the field , well done diane and chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course bramble and zorro :huggles:

Were they both standing in the same queue when ears were handed out? Remarkable resemblance in profile though.

post-938-1191193009.jpg

I got a link to this thread from ~Elizabeth~, who thought I would be interested to know I had a homebred dog competing in lure coursing in the UK.

What marvelous photos!! I've SO enjoyed this thread and seeing and learning a little bit more about how you do things there.

I am very active in putting on lure trials here in the USA. The "Plate" winner Witching Hour is my breeding...her owners bought her when they were still living stateside and I thought she might finish out small enough to course and/or race in the UK so I encouraged them to try to find a club to run with when they went back to England. I'm really happy to see that they did just that and have her lure coursing. Her dam is a UK import from Bluestreak who has done very well lure coursing over here, and her sire is an American dog my mother and I bred out of a good dual line. I own her sister and she is a good lure courser here in our system.

I love the photos of the gentleman in the red jacket slipping all the entrants. Our trials can be marred by cries of favoritism as certain well-known figures in the coursing world who slip their own dogs are often thought the beneficiary of the judge's scoring sheets.

I like it that you have the same person slip all the dogs. I wish we could do that. I want one of those leads that lets two dogs go at once, too. I don't think I've ever seen them here.

Congratulations to all who attended what seems to have been a very successful event. :thumbsup: And especially to the winners! :cheers:

Karen Lee

Surrey Hill

you must be very proud and rightly so! i have attended a few meetings altough this the first with an entrant, and have seen this dog run extremely well , the gent whom owns te dog is always very friendly and welcoming too , must be great to watch them going on and doing things overseas :thumbsup:

Seaspot run. How really great to here from you. We had such a marvellous day in the Fens of Lincolnshire yesterday. You were clearly with us all in spirit with your support for Surrey Hills the Witching Hour. Now, that is a seriously good dog with whom we have competed on several occasions during the last year. The owners are terrifically nice people who love their lure coursing even though they do not beat us very often, if at all :D (w00t) . We will be all competing at a similar event in November and we will keep you informed of results. Lovely to here from you.

From all lure coursers in UK :thumbsup:

Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope that someday I can see coursing in the UK. I've seen a bend racing meet once over there, but never coursing. I like the photos and how it looks.

Also, I REALLY want one of those dual-slipping leads!! :wub:

~elizabeth~ said:
Were they both standing in the same queue when ears were handed out? Remarkable resemblance in profile though.
post-938-1191193009.jpg

Don't they make a lovely couple :huggles: :wub:

[SIZE=14pt]Well done Henrietta[/SIZE] :huggles: great pics Lampy, nice to see some Lancashire Club dogs doing well, :cheers: Hope to see you next time. :thumbsup:

Greetings to all lure coursers. (w00t)

I have a LIMITED number of DVDs containing all of the photos I took at Holbeach. In all, about 550 pictures plus the ones that went on K9. The 550 will be the bigger pictures, uncropped which will give a slightly different perspective. Would make a nice souvenir for some of those who took part.

If you would like one then pm me and I can tell you how you can get one :thumbsup:

lamping man said:
Greetings to all lure coursers. (w00t)
I have a LIMITED number of DVDs containing all of the photos I took at Holbeach. In all, about 550 pictures plus the ones that went on K9. The 550 will be the bigger pictures, uncropped which will give a slightly different perspective. Would make a nice souvenir for some of those who took part.

If you would like one then pm me and I can tell you how you can get one :thumbsup:

ive pmed you lampy :thumbsup:

hi all, dont want to be controversial but no mention has been given to patrick and his girl bella in the meet at holbeach. his girl ran really well and some would say deserved to do better than the actual results portray. :thumbsup: 'chris'. the pics of archie are awesome.. thanks. :cheers:

sparky said:
hi all, dont want to be controversial but no mention has been given to patrick and his girl bella in the meet at holbeach. his girl ran really well and some would say deserved to do better than the actual results portray.  :thumbsup: 'chris'. the pics of archie are awesome.. thanks. :cheers:
Thats true Tony I agree with what you are saying, totally unintentional on my part because Bella ran a blinder, the result definatley doesnt reflect on her ability she did Patrick proud :)

She'll make her mark in November I'm sure :thumbsup:

Just found this one Chris. Look how happy they are - mine can't contain his enjoyment, he's actually barking as he goes :D

gal24_30.jpg

~elizabeth~ said:
Just found this one Chris. Look how happy they are - mine can't contain his enjoyment, he's actually barking as he goes  :D
gal24_30.jpg

Yes I recall one or two barking as they ran. That picture shows him running with Spry, Henrietta's sister. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back