The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Discussion On Rehoming Show Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Couldn't edit but wanted to add, I'm glad that people do feel it is a rarity though. :thumbsup:

"but it seems rather odd that you post a question then get upset that a percentage disagree with you, its an open forum its aim is to instigate open discussion and the fact that your challenging members to quote "if any of you feel like taking me on" is rather sad"

Thank you Masta.

This is a FORUM where we have OPINIONS :rant: That's what is here for to answer and discuss topics!!!

Just because everybody does'nt agree....Does'nt make it WRONG!

I also have had quite a few PM's in Support of what i think.

I will LEAVE K9 Jan,So you don't have too.... Then everybody can agree on a forum(that'll be a first!)

Thank you to Lesley who first put me onto K9 when i wanted to research and eventually find our Lovely Whippet Eric :wub:

I want to Thank Becka for giving us the opertunity of realising our "dream" of having our Eric.

And to the friends i have on here,Thank you :thumbsup:

I am not spitting my dummy out...... I'll leave that to others.

Forgot to ask. Nigel please de-register my details. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Ok,Ok i'll stay....The PM's have made me!

[mod edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does this all have to get so nasty??????????? :(

Is it not enough to just give your own opinion without hurling missiles at everyone else? :unsure:

There are lots of people making posts, adding 'thats just my opinion' to them, then verbally attacking anyone who doesn't agree with them. :blink:

It is a fact of life that circumstances change and people all have their own individual way of dealing with things - as long as the dog is well cared for and happy, why should it be anyone elses business what the reason is for the dog changing homes?

This is a dog forum, people join cos they are passionate about their dogs - if you want to get emotional about dog welfare, there are plenty of places where you can find ill-treated dogs to get angry about - I don't believe this thread was one of them :unsure:

But that's just my opinion :- "

Agreed Doris :thumbsup:

I wasn't going to reply to this, but it's such a case of double standards.

Someone makes their point, which others disagree with as will be always be the case. That is fine.

Then they get annoyed that the others don't agree and it gets nasty and we're all suddenly in the wrong. And only that one persons opinion is correct.

Very frustrating! :rant:

At the end of the day - Angel has a lovely new home, where she will be the centre of attention and Jan is happy knowing that she has done the best by her.

This all this post was ever about, there was no need to attack those of us that didn't think what she was doing was cruel. We should be allowed to have different opinions and disagree without it getting to this point and people threatening to leave :(

differences are expected sometimes, esspecially when you only have text to read and interpret without vocal tones and facial expression to back it up, misunderstandings and misreading of peoples intentions is easy to do and when you throw passion for the breed in there as well, things can get heated, but please everyone can we avoid getting personal :(

this isn't fightclub it's the whippet appreciation society :thumbsup:

doris said:
Is it not enough to just give your own opinion without hurling missiles at everyone else? :unsure:

There are lots of people making posts, adding 'thats just my opinion' to them, then verbally attacking anyone who doesn't agree with them. :blink:

It is a fact of life that circumstances change and people all have their own individual way of dealing with things - as long as the dog is well cared for and happy, why should it be anyone elses business what the reason is for the dog changing homes?

This is a dog forum, people join cos they are passionate about their dogs - if you want to get emotional about dog welfare, there are plenty of places where you can find ill-treated dogs to get angry about - I don't believe this thread was one of them :unsure:

I have been, like many others, reading this thread and think that you have answered it correctly Doris, well done you :thumbsup: the dogs well being is paramount.

doris said:

Post of the day Alison :thumbsup: Agree 100%

phill said:
[mod edit]

Good decision Phil :thumbsup: you can't leave now I brought you here :huggles:

We all have a different way of thinking whats right to some is wrong to others, and vice versa, it will always be that way, thats what makes us individuals :)

phill said:
[mod edit]

There was no need to insult those who don't agree with you. You are entitled to your opinion - it's not necessary to be rude or insulting. I can't see where anyone has insulted you for having a different opinon, they've explained their position, as you have yours, and most have said they'll agree to disagree (as have you), so why the need to insult?

The discussion was relatively good, and held good information on both sides. Shame it had to get personal - the whole reason I split it was so it wouldn't be personal

Wendy

Sorry who did i insult? :blink: There have been threats of solicitors and all sorts of stuff on here.... is that not insulting?? Because somebody has an opinion that differs from thiers?

I'm sure Angel has a loving home now,Where she can be a loving pet and be a whippet :)

Thanks for all the positive PM's i've had :thumbsup: Some people out there agree.

Now where's that gun....... just in case Eric does'nt perform at ringcraft :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Just out of interest Phill – so you are planning on showing Eric?

We may do a fun show,Nothing that is taken too seriously :)) We took him to a rspca fun day yesterday with lots of breeds and a hell of a lot of fun for him and us 8)

I don't think Eric would get placed at any shows of note now....do you? :- "

Thread now closed as although there was some good discussion here on both sides of the issues, it's all been covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back