The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Do Not Believe Some Peope...boos Puppies..

Janimal

Addicted
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
As I put on the other thread the last two pups of Boos (Siberians) were leaving yesterday.

Well the couple came (from Manchester area) and took the pair of them...both dogs...very traumatic event for any pup you will agree........a log journey and night in a strange house,..... :blink:

Anyway Mick has rang us to say...The couple have rang this morning...

[SIZE=14pt]AND WANT TO BRING ONE PUP BACK[/SIZE].. :angry: :rant: ....Wait for it...because they cant cope with the mess ....all the s....t and p......s....off two of them...

Theyove only had the pair of them ONE night....I just cant understand some folks at all... :rant: :rant: Maybe they shouldnt even have one of the pups in my opinion. God they havnt even given the poor loves a chance yet...

What do you all think???

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you janis :( must admit I would feel like saying bring them both back

but on the other hand if they got funny and said no they would only bring one.

I would worry that they would sell the other one on :(

some people make you sick

Wouldnt care they saw the pups weeks ago so have had plenty of time to think about it and prepare... :angry:

I mean how many of us...on K9 cleaned up mess with our pups on the very first night....or weeks even....honestly...

How very, very sad :(

One night!!!! Hardly enough time for the pups to register their

surroundings, let along settle down. Poor wee chaps :huggles:

I would try to get both back, because if these people are that intolerant

they probably won't cope with housetraining one for more than a

week.

Good luck :luck: I do hope the poor wee pups aren't totally traumatised

already :(

Thanks Jane...to be honest Im totally gobsmacked by Michaels call this morning...

he said they seemed a great couple too.. :blink:

there are just some weird people out there... :angry:

Taking on two pups can be hard work,they should of thought of this beforehand,knowing two lots of poo etc.How very sad,but annoying.

thats shocking!

i think i would want both back aswell :(

hope the pups are ok, doing the journey again :( :huggles: :huggles:

oh what a shame for that poor pup............silly people should have sat and thought about things before deciding to take on two :(

one night isnt long enough for those pups to get settled :(

That is sad. To be honest, I would never want two pups from a litter to go together through fear of something like this happening. Even the nicest of potential owners could be shocked by the amount of work that 2 pups can be.

But like you say to have had enough after one night is just ridiculous. I would want both pups back as I would be worried that a few days later there would be another phone call if the pup had chewed something, or pooed in the house.

I really feel for them - what a horrible situation. :(

they should offer to take both back and house train them then not let them have them back :thumbsup:

how will they cope with 1 pup pooing peeing and screamimg the house down :(

idiots :(

The thing is too...the pups were becoming really clean...going into the garden and coming back inside. Mick thinks they had been eating frost yesterday...plus the journey which had maybe upset their tums a bit... :(

But honestly Kobi was sick all the way from Scotland and had a terrible first few nights...but it never even entered my mind to send him back... :angry:

and KatieD you took both those girls from Sonyas litter...it cant have been that easy at first, plus two small children.....but just look at them all now...well worth it... :huggles: :huggles:

That's disgusting I hope they never have any children because they are messy and inconvenient too and it's not so easy to unload them .

If they can't cope they would be better off returning the 2 of them now :(

I think it is a HUGE shock just how awful the first few nights can be. I warn people but the reality can be worse than anyone can imagine!! Personally, I would certainly take one pup back, I would be very reluctant indeed for 2 pups from the same litter to go together, I think an age gap is a good thing for later on when establishing pack order.

If they are a great home, would it be possible to support them for the first few days with twice daily phone calls and plenty of support. This can be really helpful to an overwhelmed new owner and can work out really well in the end.

Obviously, I would offer to take both pups back or leave one depending on how good I thought the home. That will have to be an option.

Wishing you and your friend the very best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

We have two boys from the same litter of whippets (got them 8 days ago) also have two kids (one who's disabled and still in nappies at four) - I've never owned dogs before and was shocked by the mess after the first night.... feel like we shovel sh*t all day!

But they're loads better now and about 60% of the time go on newspaper - I would never have considered taking one back - in fact we talk all the time about how having only one must be a nightmare as he would cry all the time! At least two keep each other company and play together!!!

jazad said:
We have two boys from the same litter of whippets (got them 8 days ago) also have two kids (one who's disabled and still in nappies at four) - I've never owned dogs before and was shocked by the mess after the first night.... feel like we shovel sh*t all day!
But they're loads better now and about 60% of the time go on newspaper - I would never have considered taking one back - in fact we talk all the time about how having only one must be a nightmare as he would cry all the time!  At least two keep each other company and play together!!!

welcome to k9 :)

blimey, sounds like you have your hands full.............any piccis of your woofers :D

Juley said:
I think it is a HUGE shock just how awful the first few nights can be.  I warn people but the reality can be worse than anyone can imagine!! Personally, I would certainly take one pup back, I would be very reluctant indeed for 2 pups from the same litter to go together, I think an age gap is a good thing for later on when establishing pack order.
If they are a great home, would it be possible to support them for the first few days with twice daily phone calls and plenty of support. This can be really helpful to an overwhelmed new owner and can work out really well in the end.

Obviously, I would offer to take both pups back or leave one depending on how good I thought the home.  That will have to be an option.

Wishing you and your friend the very best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

A good post. I remember getting two pups together when I first got whippets (yes, I had litter siblings, Fred and his litter sister, Wilma), and I can't tell you how sick with shock and worry I was trying to cope with two pups running around the place (it was rented accommodation, so the worry about damage was uppermost I guess). Believe me, I'd put the research in beforehand and was convinced I would cope. One did have an upset stomach. Somehow I managed to pull myself together and cope, but it was touch and go, and I had the phone in my hand a couple of times to ring the breeder and confess I'd made a mistake. It took a fortnight for me to suddenly realise I was coping and never looked back from there (until i moved in with my OH :- " ).

Don't be too hard on them Janis. It is annoying, but that first night can be really overwhelming :sweating: :sweating: I think having the one would be the best thing for now, and being helpful and understanding would be a real bonus, as they are probably feeling really upset.

Double trouble..................!

Breeding and selling pups is such a responsibility. It must be hard to find suitable homes for them all. Did your friend enquire off these buyers just how much experience they had with dogs before? I would not fancy taking on two pups from the same litter and would advise other people against it. I say this is my own opinion having raised and trained two dogs, but with a two year gap between them. It is messy and hard, hard work. :blink:

Hope the wee one gets a good home soon.

such a shame , i too would offer to take both back , i would get them to explain how much one is going to scream the house down !!! that way while they are bringing one back they might just bring em both , plus they will have to bring the other unless they have someone to look after the other pup while they are travelling ?? im not too far from manchester , depending on what area , so if you need any help in any way just let me know

Janimal said:
The thing is too...the pups were becoming really clean...going into the garden and coming back inside.  Mick thinks they had been eating frost yesterday...plus the journey which had maybe upset their tums a bit... :(
But honestly Kobi was sick all the way from Scotland and had a terrible first few nights...but it never even entered my mind to send him back... :angry:

and KatieD you took both those girls from Sonyas litter...it cant have been that easy at first, plus two small children.....but just look at them all now...well worth it... :huggles:   :huggles:

and we didnt even plan on taking 2 lol, i think though janis, because we have never had a dog before we didnt notice a difference between only having 1 lot of pee or 2 lots of pee :- "

i think anyone getting one pup has to be prepared for them to pee and poo everywhere to start with, otherwise why get a pup, get and older dog who is house trained, and even then you have to be prepared for the odd accident at the beginning :b

it sounds as though they havnt thought things through propperly :(

just hope the pups are ok :huggles:

I wonder if they have thought it through too... :blink:

I will let you all know what happens to them dont worry...when weve spoken to our inlaws later.

They have said they will of course take the pup back..what else could they do...

but very traumatic for both of those pups really.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back