The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Does Anyone Recognise This Puppy?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Glad she has found a new home and she is adorable :wub: :wub:

I got Milo when my little girl was only 12 months old, I must admit I did nearly tear my hair out a few times but it wasn't me worrying about my daughter being rough with the puppy!!!!!!

You can have both at the same time if you have the patience to bring them up to respect each other.

Milo is now 2 and they adore each other.

just saw this now i am so happy she has found a fab home :wub: :huggles: :thumbsup:

wonderful news.so happy this little girl now has an understanding, loving, permanent home.my daughter (wild whippies)was brought up with a house full of dogs and learned to walk by holding onto the collar of my first dobermann bitch bonnie.when she was a baby,bonnie guarded her in her pram.when she was a child growing up her faifhful and constant companion was her manchester terrier gypsy,she slept on her bed,she went everywhere with her.she was taught to respect all living creatures and that she had to be gentle with them.i am not a particularly maternal woman,i dont go 'goo goo' over babies :x but i do over puppies, :wub: however i do think its down to the parents to bring their children up to be kind and to respect all animals.i hate to see children squealing or frightened when they see a dog.they usually carry their fears from their parents especially their mother.so if mum is scared of dogs chances are the child will be too.i feel sorry for children who havent been brought up with a dog in the house that they have loved and cherished as theyve grown,theyve missed out on so much that will always stand them in good stead for the rest of their lives,respect for another living creature,responsibility,love,companionship,sharing good times together and even to learn how to grieve and to say goodbye when the terrible time comes to part. :( i wonder if anyone did a study of how a non pet owning childhood affects the grown up child?would a youngster who has had a troubled time not have been like this if hed had these qualitites to learn as he grew up?i think owning a pet has a lot to be said for rounding out the personality of a child.im always a bit wary of people i meet who dont like dogs.i always think theres something 'missing' in their make up. ;)

kris said:
wonderful news.so happy this little girl now has an understanding, loving, permanent home.my daughter (wild whippies)was brought up with a house full of dogs and learned to walk by holding onto the collar of my first dobermann bitch bonnie.when she was  a baby,bonnie guarded her in her pram.when she was a child growing up her faifhful and constant companion was her manchester terrier gypsy,she slept on her bed,she went everywhere with her.she was taught to respect all living creatures and that  she had to be gentle with them.i am not  a particularly maternal woman,i dont go 'goo goo' over babies :x   but i do over puppies, :wub: however i do think its down to the parents to bring their children up to  be kind and to respect all animals.i hate to see children squealing or frightened when they see  a dog.they usually carry their fears from their parents especially their mother.so if mum is scared of dogs chances are the child will be too.i feel sorry for children who havent been brought up with a dog in the house that they have loved and cherished as theyve grown,theyve missed out on so much that will always stand them in good stead for the rest of their lives,respect for another living creature,responsibility,love,companionship,sharing good times together and even to learn how to grieve and to say goodbye when the terrible time comes to part. :( i wonder if anyone did a study of how a non pet owning  childhood affects  the grown up child?would a youngster who  has had a troubled time  not have been like this if hed had these  qualitites  to learn as he grew up?i think owning  a pet has a lot to be said for rounding out the personality of a child.im always a bit wary of people i meet who dont like dogs.i always think theres something 'missing' in their make up. ;)
could'nt agree with you more :thumbsup:

I don't think its a case of you should'nt have a pet with a small baby but parents need to think long and hard and make sure they can cope with dog and baby and if they decide YES its what we want to do then they should take it on with NO going back!!!( unless something tragic happens) none of this "oh lets get a puppy great!! oh we now have the puppy don't let it near the furniture or the sofa oh my god we can't cope lets give it to someone else" this is irresponsible behaviour. I think all breeders should be very sceptical on giving pups to people with small children and when i say sceptical i mean they should be very very sure that the parents are fully aware of what it means to have a small pup and look after small children as well.

my sister and i grew up with whippets , my dad had them even before he met my mum so ive never known life without them ( except when i was married and my thankfuuly now EX :D hubby wouldnt let me have a dog :rant: )

my kids were brought up around my parents dogs . then involved in the rescue side and for the last 4 years with our own whippies :wub:

never once have my kids done anything bad to the dogs , they have been brought up to love and respect them , ive seen some horrible kids :rant: and ive refused to let some rescued dogs go to people as there kids were brats :- "

again my children know how to behave around dogs , at shows and i love taking them with me for a family day out :thumbsup:

also if they ever do get on my nerves i just lock them in the crate (w00t)

( the kids not the dogs that is ) :- "

jinnyfizz said:
All suggestions on a 'post' please  :lol:   :lol:   :thumbsup:
She's a gorgeous wee thing - such a pretty face. How about these name suggestions:

Asha (meaning hope)

Amy or Aimee (meaning loved)

Anabelle (easy to love)

Callie, Callista, Kalista or Kallie (most beautiful)

Chiquita (small one)

Fae (a fairy)

Jamila (beautiful)

Kai (rejoice)

Kaia (pure)

Kailyn, Kaylan or Kaylyn (slender)

Laila or Layla (dark beauty)

Makena (happy one)

Mona (little noble one)

Neha (cherished, beauty)

Whatever you name her she is absolutely adorable :wub: :wub: :wub:

LOOKS LIKE A PLASTIC PED PUP TO ME SO THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE BREEDER OF THIS PUP.IV BEEN BORN AND BRED INTO WHIPPETS(NON PED).PUPS ARE LIKE KIDS THEY GET EXCITED SCRATCH BITE PLAY ECT LIKE MY OLD MAM USED TO SAY THE GOOD OLD NEWS PAPER ALWAYS WORKS.U GET PAMPER POOCHS AND KIDS OF TODAY ARE FETCHED UP THE SAME WAY NOW,NOWT WRONG WITH A CLIP ROUND THE LUG I SAY

Last edited by a moderator:
THECAP said:
LOOKS LIKE  A PLASTIC PED PUP TO ME  SO THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT  THE BREEDER OF THIS PUP.IV BEEN BORN AND BRED INTO WHIPPETS(NON PED).PUPS ARE LIKE KIDS THEY GET EXCITED SCRATCH BITE PLAY ECT  LIKE MY OLD MAM USED TO SAY  THE GOOD OLD NEWS PAPER  ALWAYS WORKS.U GET PAMPER POOCHS AND KIDS OF TODAY ARE  FETCHED UP THE SAME WAY NOW,NOWT WRONG WITH A CLIP ROUND THE LUG I SAY
oi MR nowt wrong with ped whips (why you call em plastic i mean its not like theyve had a boob job or out ),and mine are pampered and well behaved to ...soooo :p

nicky12 said:
THECAP said:
LOOKS LIKE  A PLASTIC PED PUP TO ME  SO THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT  THE BREEDER OF THIS PUP.IV BEEN BORN AND BRED INTO WHIPPETS(NON PED).PUPS ARE LIKE KIDS THEY GET EXCITED SCRATCH BITE PLAY ECT  LIKE MY OLD MAM USED TO SAY  THE GOOD OLD NEWS PAPER  ALWAYS WORKS.U GET PAMPER POOCHS AND KIDS OF TODAY ARE  FETCHED UP THE SAME WAY NOW,NOWT WRONG WITH A CLIP ROUND THE LUG I SAY
oi MR nowt wrong with ped whips (why you call em plastic i mean its not like theyve had a boob job or out ),and mine are pampered and well behaved to ...soooo :p

lol and pedigree dogs!!!! he calls them all plastic hun , dont worry about it , do what we do ignore him or wind him up (w00t) cant wait til i get george to a "plastic " show!!! ( hmmmm, he is here this week wonder if there is a show on :- " ) of course it would be terrible if i also took photos too :oops:

posh totty said:
nicky12 said:
THECAP said:

lol and pedigree dogs!!!! he calls them all plastic hun , dont worry about it , do what we do ignore him or wind him up (w00t) cant wait til i get george to a "plastic " show!!! ( hmmmm, he is here this week wonder if there is a show on :- " ) of course it would be terrible if i also took photos too :oops:

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN I WILL TAKE A BLOW TORCH LOL OR A BOOK TO READ :teehee: :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
you love em really you said my blue was nice and hes your words (plastic) :p :p

WAS I ON ABOUT BLUE :- " ANYWAYS GLAD THIS PUP PLASTIC PED OR NOT AS FOUND A HOME :thumbsup:

i've just caught up with this........(been away)...........bloody fantastic news :D :thumbsup: :) :) :) :huggles:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the support and kind comments on this thread :D It's really nice to know that there are so many kind and caring whippie lovers out there :huggles: :huggles:

As this thread has kept going for so long now, I thought I'd start another one for posting pictures of my new pup and keeping you all updated on her journeyplan from Becka in Lancashire down to us in Devon :thumbsup:

One thing I must do is stop looking at Epupz and other sites which advertise unwanted whippets otherwise I'll be crowded out and broke before Christmas (w00t) (w00t)

:cheers: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Brillant news Jane, she is just so lovely :wub: :luck: :luck: hope she has many happy days with you all :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back