The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Does Anyone Recognise This Puppy?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Awww what a cutie pie she is.

We had Sidney and a baby.. we knew what we were taking on and didn't go into it with our eyes closed...... the end result being a good one.

I hope she finds a good home soon :wub:

This sort of thing makes my blood boil :rant: I hope to god they dont change their mind and decide to keep her. People like that shouldnt be allowed to have dogs. I encountered a woman this week who sold her dog on the internet only to replace it with a cute puppy!! :rant: :angry: This little one does look like her eye is weeping a little, and is that another dog in the picture?

whippetwise said:
This sort of thing makes my blood boil :rant: I hope to god they dont change their mind and decide to keep her. People like that shouldnt be allowed to have dogs. I encountered a woman this week who sold her dog on the internet only to replace it with a cute puppy!! :rant:   :angry: This little one does look like her eye is weeping a little, and is that another dog in the picture?
i recognise the pup, her eye isn't weeping it's her unusual markings and i think the pic was taken at her breeders and that other dog is her mum,

i've emailed her breeder to let her know what is going on so hopefully this will get sorted very soon and everyone will get the support they need, :thumbsup: she is the litter mate to the black lad that i posted about so this must be pulling her to bits, :(

i'm going to be giving her all the support i can :thumbsup:

whippetwise said:
and is that another dog in the picture?
Yes, I noticed that. I think the picture is an old one because the little pup is now 14 weeks old and I reckon that picture is when she was a younger pup. I'm presuming that the picture was taken when she was still with her breeder :unsure:

beaker said:
whippetwise said:
This sort of thing makes my blood boil :rant: I hope to god they dont change their mind and decide to keep her. People like that shouldnt be allowed to have dogs. I encountered a woman this week who sold her dog on the internet only to replace it with a cute puppy!! :rant:   :angry: This little one does look like her eye is weeping a little, and is that another dog in the picture?
i recognise the pup, her eye isn't weeping it's her unusual markings and i think the pic was taken at her breeders and that other dog is her mum,

i've emailed her breeder to let her know what is going on so hopefully this will get sorted very soon and everyone will get the support they need, :thumbsup: she is the litter mate to the black lad that i posted about so this must be pulling her to bits, :(

i'm going to be giving her all the support i can :thumbsup:

How aweful for the little mite, hope she gets a home sorted out soon... :luck:

must be so destroying when you have bred them... :( ........she has beautiful markings... :wub: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
just heard back from julie her breeder, she has been offline for a little while so was totally unaware of whats been going on.

the family may have emailed her for help but obviously with no computer she hasn't been able to reply :(

i'm sure this will get sorted out very soon :luck: :luck: :luck:

i'll keep you all posted as soon as i know more :thumbsup:

becka xx

beaker said:
just heard back from julie her breeder, she has been offline for a little while so was totally unaware of whats been going on.
the family may have emailed her for help but obviously with no computer she hasn't been able to reply  :(

i'm sure this will get sorted out very soon  :luck:   :luck:   :luck:

i'll keep you all posted as soon as i know more  :thumbsup:

becka xx

So sorry to hear about all this Becka, hope it is sorted soon and the pup is happy :luck: :luck: :luck:

TCx

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed - he's a gorgeous looking wee whippie - hope it works out for the best for him.

Hopefully this will all get sorted out now and the family will get the advice and help they need for the right outcome :D

Thank you very much, Becka, for being so helpful. :huggles:

It is very comforting to know that there is always a K9er out there who is able to lend a hand! :cheers: :thumbsup:

Jane x

puppies ARE a handful - and so are children

if the family really would like to keep the pup I hope someone can give them advice and help them deal with their responsibilities and keep the two youngsters safely apart when necessary.

ditch the squealing brat into a "home" then collect it when it decides to act like an adult :- " :- " :thumbsup:

stormydog said:
ditch the squealing brat  into a "home"  then collect it when it decides to act like an adult    :- "  :- "    :thumbsup:
now why didnt i think of that when my two were younger :- " :lol: :lol:

Im glad this is getting sorted, perhaps they are not as bad as I thought, at least they contacted the breeder for help. I get faced with so many irrisponsible pet owners here in Ireland that sometimes you just think the worst. I hope there is a happy outcome for the little puppy and perhaps the family will learn something from this :luck:

whippetwise said:
Im glad this is getting sorted, perhaps they are not as bad as I thought, at least they contacted the breeder for help. I get faced with so many irrisponsible pet owners here in Ireland that sometimes you just think the worst. I hope there is a happy outcome for the little puppy and perhaps the family will learn something from this  :luck:
Hi Whippetwise where in Ireland are you out of interest? its true you do think the worst but people really need to be 100% sure when getting a pet of any kind especially a little sensitve whippet and you hear so many horror stories its sickening :( i really hope something works out here especially for the welfare of that little whippet :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm leaving Julie to talk to them as i have never met them but she knows that i'm always on hand to help and advise,and that she can pass on my details as well if they want help. i'm sure this will have a happy ending, :thumbsup:

i think it's probably a case of a couple being new to babies and new to dogs and not getting proper advice.

i don't know the full details of all this yet so can't say if this is the case but what so often happens with new families is they want the ideal 2.4 nuclear family and a happy freindly dog is often in the mental picture as well,

it goes through their minds that sprog and pup can grow up together and be best mates,

then they get told by some well meaning person to "do some research first".. but where do they go for research if not sent in the right direction?... usually the internet,

new precious offspring means that they don't want one of those nasty dogs they have read about in the paper, so they look for a "children friendly breed"... look at nearly all the internet info on whippets and they say "great with kids" but where does it suggest to these parents that maybe boistrous grab and pull toddlers might not be good for dogs? is it on the Kennel club website? or any of the other canine websites out there that are usually the first place people researching breeds look?.. not that i can see :wacko:

if they are lucky they go to an experienced breeder who can tell them straight and offer advice about such matters hopefully in such a way that they don't just take offence and go somewhere else,

unfortunately, no one has a crystal ball and even when everyone has the best intentions, mistakes can be made, whats great about places like this is that there is such a wealth of experience and people ready to help and advise.

bit of a tangent:

but maybe one or two of the more experienced breeders and owners on here could write a variety of article's advising prospective puppy buyers new puppy owners about some of the pro's and cons of puppy/toddler ownership etc... maybe even a subsection in the help and advice part of k9 for them.... just a thought :b

becka :huggles:

whippetgood said:
whippetwise said:
Im glad this is getting sorted, perhaps they are not as bad as I thought, at least they contacted the breeder for help. I get faced with so many irrisponsible pet owners here in Ireland that sometimes you just think the worst. I hope there is a happy outcome for the little puppy and perhaps the family will learn something from this  :luck:
Hi Whippetwise where in Ireland are you out of interest? its true you do think the worst but people really need to be 100% sure when getting a pet of any kind especially a little sensitve whippet and you hear so many horror stories its sickening :( i really hope something works out here especially for the welfare of that little whippet :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am on the east coast of Ireland not too far from Dublin :thumbsup:

totally agree with you beaker, the voice of reason :cheers:

:thumbsup:

whippetwise said:
whippetgood said:
whippetwise said:

I am on the east coast of Ireland not too far from Dublin :thumbsup:

[/quote

Lucky you!!!! my blood is Irish both parents from Tipperary :thumbsup:

stormydog said:
ditch the squealing brat  into a "home"  then collect it when it decides to act like an adult    :- "  :- "    :thumbsup:

The voice of reason again John :p :p :p Kids are the most over rated things ever.

BTW that looks a pretty scrawny pup for 14 weeks.

Terry Smith

Terry & Sheila Smith said:
stormydog said:
ditch the squealing brat  into a "home"  then collect it when it decides to act like an adult    :- "   :- "    :thumbsup:

The voice of reason again John :p :p :p Kids are the most over rated things ever.

BTW that looks a pretty scrawny pup for 14 weeks.

Terry Smith

I believe the pic shown was at younger age at the breeders home ( I think Becker mentioned it in a earlier post) :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back