The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Statues/ornaments

Mike from Hereford

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, just wondered if anybody has some decent statues/ornaments they could share, in K9, these 2 were bought from a antique shop in Oswestry.

Statues_002.jpg

Mike from Hereford said:
Hi, just wondered if anybody has some decent statues/ornaments they could share, in K9, these 2 were bought from a antique shop in Oswestry.
Hi Mike

We have the same pair at the top of the stairs which I bought from Crufts a few years ago.

I think we have in the region of around 50 whippet statues/ornaments around the house u could say im a cleptamaniac (sp) for them!!

Will try and get some pictures later

Last edited by a moderator:
i have quite a few around the house,some from antique shops,some from ebay,and some from stoke on trent(elite potterys).

i will take some pics later

Well this is one I got for my birthday last week - its from collectibles. I have some smaller ones too - pictures to follow.

also this one too :thumbsup: at the bottom on the page, think I got this one at Christmas time.

View attachment 30826

a0_2.jpg

Hi Janis

The large one you got for your birthday I have been looking for for ages, I have the sitting one Murphy. Did u get him online if so where???? :cheers:

Thanx

dawn said:
Mike from Hereford said:
Hi Mike

We have the same pair at the top of the stairs which I bought from Crufts a few years ago.

I think we have in the region of around 50 whippet statues/ornaments around the house u could say im a cleptamaniac (sp) for them!!

Will try and get some pictures later

what kind of maniac are you dawn!...lol :lol: :thumbsup:

Mike from Hereford said:
This is pharo.My husband bought him from ebay for me :wub: he is 2ft high and made of brass.Dont know how old he is? :thumbsup:

:wub: claire and Grace

clairecamera268.jpg

Mike from Hereford said:
Ive a couple of those from ebay :cheers: dont think they are antique though as they had them on sale in sweden too :b

Mike from Hereford said:

Mike, How kind of you to get these lovely statues for my birthday. do you have my postal address?! :D :- "

Very lovely and I am very envious. Want them.... :))

Hope this works.87_1_b.JPG

isn't she lovely? She's old too. got her off eBay

Linda

I'm addicted to this sort of thing. :b I've got masses but it's chaos here with builders and Dad decorating. Will try and sort some pictures out. :)

And this is my most recent purchase from eBay :cheers: I just won the bid few moments ago :)

Mike from Hereford said:

We've got the same 1's bought them off e/bay a few year back £25

I'm jealous i want one, so if anyone wants rid of any of theres just pm for my addy will give it with pleasure might even pay postagte :- "

Heres one of my 4 smaller ones too. :thumbsup: the one on the far left is a Beswick and Ive had it since I was 21.

Resized_statues_002.jpg

Thank you for your replies, the statues are not antique lol, thats where I purchased them from.The figures stand either side of the TV.I visited a lady who owned two whippets, she had a lovely collection of statues and figures along with prints of whippets and greyhounds.

She also had a weathervane ,similiar to the one shown below.Looked very nice.

Weather_Vane.gif

That must be the weathervane at night (w00t)

Its a GIF image :)) and not jpeg :- "

well it looked good anyway, have any of you got wethervanes with a hunting/dog/animal theme ?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back