The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Thrown Over Fence

Seraphina

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Early this morning my daughter was woken up by strange crying coming from her garden and ther she found....puppy! :rant: The only way it could got there if somebody through it over the fence, as the garden is well Lily, the tiny chihuahua, proof . This new puppy still does not have all adult teeth and her she is after a good bath. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2nd piccy gives it away with a good view of her round head. Jack Rusell x Long-haired Chihuahua. Will you be able to keep her? What a rotten mongrel thing for someone to do. Although she looks very well. Think she would make a great body-guard for Lily!

whippophile said:
The 2nd piccy gives it away with a good view of her round head. Jack Rusell x Long-haired Chihuahua.  Will you be able to keep her?  What a rotten mongrel thing for someone to do.  Although she looks very well.  Think she would make a great body-guard for Lily!
Well, she is only a puppy and will grow bit more, I thought she has some pomeranian in her. My daughter will take her to the vet to see if she is microchipped, if not they will post some posters around to make sure she is not being missed, and then will decide what to do. Lily is an old grump, almost 9 years old, she does not like other dogs very much - well , they tend to step on her. :(

She is very sweet and lovely, no doubt we will be able to find her new home if necesary. You can see she is only just getting her second teeth

She's a cute little thing :wub:

I don't understand the mentality of these :rant: :rant: they get a dog and when the going gets tough they just get rid.

I suppose the only other explanation is someone could have stolen her and then realised she was the wrong sort or wouldn't do what they wanted...so got rid of her.

Hope she's ok and best of luck :luck:

She is lovely - I would have thought chihuahua x pom? :unsure: Maybe someone really desperate put her in your garden because they know you like dogs - I suppose that's better than some of the other options people use! :rant:

Best of luck with her, she looks a dear. :wub: :wub:

I was thinking the same Beth. At least she will get a good future life now, whether you keep her or find her a wonderful home. She looks a ral sweetie :wub:

:eek: :angry: :( Some people are just appauling Lida, I think it is no accident that this little mite had the good fortune to be trown over your daughters fence. Nice of you to look for the owner :thumbsup: , but I would be very surprise if they surface

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Don't suppose someone's taken her without permission and just dumped her over your fence?

We once took in a GSD, about 20 years ago now ... my friend from work, also worked part time in a pub on the moors above Huddersfield and noticed a male GSD running about. He managed to catch it, took it in, notified the police forces for about 30 miles radius, put ads in papers etc, and took the dog home (didn't want it going into the local kennels, they had a bad reputation at that time). No one claimed the dog, who was getting on in years altho didn't seem "old". His own Great Dane dog would not accept the GSD (because they had Dane bitches too), so my friend used to bring the GSD to work to separate them all (he'd had the dog about 1 week by the time I found out).

To cut a long story short, we took the GSD home and he settled in with us, he was a real gentleman and someone had loved and trained him well. Sadly we only had him about 8 months as he got ill (heart problems) and despite everything the vet did, our beautiful GSD went downhill in about the space of a fortnight and collapsed, had to be put to sleep.

He was a real love that dog, we were devastated ... but the police originally said they thought someone may have stolen him "for a laugh" and just abandoned the dog on the moors. He'd obviously been a man's dog too ... altho he would do anything for me, and adored our toddler son, as soon as my husband came home from work Sam (that's what we called the dog) just followed Tony around and had eyes for no one else. We never found his original owner. Sam could have come from anywhere.

Its good that there are people like you and on K9 who take dogs in and love them when others abandon or hurt them...they have a fantastic life and give as much love back as they receive...

hmmm, i reckon shes a papillon cross, possibly with chihuahua? either way, shes a cutie pie :wub:

HOW ROTTEN CAN PEOPLE BE.

LEAST SHE IS SAFE WITH YOU.

This is difficult, she had a nice collar on and is well fed, very happy and friendly, BUT was absolutely filthy with her feet soaked in urine. I am very worried that we will find her owner but will not like what we see. On other hand she may have been missing for couple of days locked up somewhere to get so dirty, and her real owner may be lovely. Anyway, if she is microchipped there is nothing we can do but to return her. :( If she is not i think i will go and get her and look for home for her somewhere here (I live on the other side of town), making sure she gets a home she deserves. Cross our fingers!

Aawww bless her I hope she's ok and she's either returned to her home and its a nice one or you can find her a fab new one :luck: :luck:

I am very upset. my daughter's partner took the puppy to the vet to scan her. She was not microchipped but the vet refused to hand her back, saying she has to go to the pound. My daughters partner never had any pets in his life and so does not know anything about these things, so he just left her there. I guess she will be OK, she is a little, cute, young pup she will be snapped up fast. :(

Oh dear and like you say she's cute and lovely and hopefully the pound will make sure she goes to a good home :luck:

On the other end of the spectrum the local dogs home here wouldn't take a dog we found yesterday and I wouldn't call her lucky cos she's gone back to her owners who don't deserve to have her :(

Oh no, after all your trouble as well- how upsetting for you all! :(

Fingers crossed she gets a good home, whether it's with her original owners or new ones. :luck:

Liz and the Monellis

Aww - poor little mite :( lets hope she finds a good home asap. :luck: :luck: :huggles:

Seraphina said:
I am very upset.  my daughter's partner took the puppy to the vet to scan her.  She was not microchipped but the vet refused to hand her back, saying she has to go to the pound.  My daughters partner never had any pets in his life and so does not know anything about these things, so he just left her there.  I guess she will be OK, she is  a little, cute, young pup she will be snapped up fast.  :(

That is so bad , Do they have the authority to do that ? I dont think they have over here .

You could always go to the pound to report your lost dog............................

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back