The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

E A W C C

CHRIS DOYLE

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Greetings to all lure coursers and particularly those with lurchers.

I have been asked by the organ grinder to make you aware that the principal lure coursing club of the east is holding its Championship event this Saturday amidst the imposing surroundings of Holkham Hall Norfolk.

As well as quality whippet events(not exceeding 21 inches OF COURSE (w00t) ) there will be a lurcher stake which will also include non ped whippets and over sized giants in the same breed. This event is open to members and non members. For those wishing to attend, the entry fee will be £5 and the prize for winning and runner up will be the prestigious and covetted EAWCC rosette. You will be assured of a warm welcome as ever :D :D Please PM me, the monkey, to reserve your place and I will give you detailed directions for reaching this venue. Believe me, this running ground is unsurpassed for quality. :thumbsup: :)

hi lampy,looking forward to seeing you there :thumbsup:

ive also been told that everyone should be there for 8.30 am as the gates will then be locked :eek: ,dont think it will be worth us going to bed :p but wouldnt miss it for the world :thumbsup:

trish g said:
hi lampy,looking forward to seeing you there :thumbsup:
ive also been told that everyone should be there for 8.30 am as the gates will then be locked :eek: ,dont think it will be worth us going to bed :p but wouldnt miss it for the world :thumbsup:

Hi Trish. Yes you are quite correct with the 8.30 timing. The keeper will unlock the park gates to let us in then lock up again. I was going to explain that when I post directions, which I will do later today. Should be a good day as ever. Like minded people etc etc -_- :thumbsup:

Greetings all lure coursers and LMPs :thumbsup:

Some directions for Holkham Hall

Coming from King's Lynn. take the A149. This is the coast road and takes you round the north Norfolk coast and beyond. Holkham estate is 2 or 3 miles before Wels-Next-The-Sea. Once you pass Brancaster you will be just a few minutes from the venue. The North Entrance is directly off the A149. On one side of the road to the left is Lady Ann's Drive. Directly opposite is the turnIng that will take you up to the park gate. Some 100M or so off the 149.

As stated previously, be at the gate for 0830 at which time the keeper will enable entry.

I think this to be a really picturesqe venue and a first class running surface.

Here are 2 pictures from our meeting at Holkham last season :thumbsup:

IMG_3783.jpg

hm32.jpg

thanks for the directions lampy :thumbsup:

hope the weathers will be as good as it looked last year :)

looks a top class venue.really looking forward to a great day out.if its a nice day might even go to the beach afterwards.do we have to dress appropiatly on his lordships land (w00t) and bring cucumber sarnies (w00t) see you all saturday :thumbsup:for a top days sport

Last edited by a moderator:
getting all excited now , taking 2 whippets and 1 of those being dopey danny!!!! (w00t) bless him , he is very pretty :- " and the 2 big lurcher girls :thumbsup:

posh totty said:
getting all excited now , taking 2 whippets and 1 of those being dopey danny!!!! (w00t)   bless him , he is very pretty  :- "  and the 2 big lurcher girls  :thumbsup:
Look forward to seeing them in action Posh :thumbsup: Beaubeau has just been over she's bringing a couple as well. We might just have a stake at this rate. :D

See you Saturday :thumbsup:

Hi Lampingman,

Do you have any places left for Saturday? I've got 3 lurchers who would like to come! Tried to PM you but your inbox must be full :lol:

fendog said:
Hi Lampingman,
Do you have any places left for Saturday?  I've got 3 lurchers who would like to come! Tried to PM you but your inbox must be full :lol:

Hi. Yes I would imagine no problem. I have not been told of any upper limits being reached. So, bring them along and if we have to run 2 stakes or a larger single stake, then so be it.

See you Saturday :thumbsup:

Will I have a rooting interest in this one? :unsure:

Karen Lee

Surrey Hill

gutted not about this weekend could have combined dog racing and a visit to my aunts bunny bashing. Good luck to all those running

Can I come and watch - Murphy still doesnt know what a lure is!

well i hope you all have a very enjoyable time with your dogs, beautiful place, i visited many years ago when i lived in suffolk, enjoy

:cheers:

Good evening everyone :thumbsup:

I have just spoken with Bob Blatch who has updated me on events tomorrow at Holkham and beyond: Starting at Holkham:

Pete Kennard Memorial Trophy (whippets)

Quink Trophy (whippets)

Sonny Puppy Cup (whippets)

Earl of Leicester Stake for Lurchers, Non Ped Whippets and over size ped whippets

The Banatay Bonanza Puppy Cup will be run at Henham on 19 April 2008

The Championship meeting will now be run at Gillingham on 26 April 2008

The Gillingham meeting has been added to the programme to enable more finalists to be achieved . Due to the postponed meetings this season due to weather the extra meeting will help to achieve a meaningful stake for the Championship.

Many thanks

Best of Luck to all the runners, hope you have a great day and run injury free :luck:

We'll be running round a ring at the Whippet Club Champ Show (w00t) Shhh, no one tell my lot what you'll be doing :- "

See you at the next one :thumbsup:

TCx

TC said:
Best of Luck to all the runners, hope you have a great day and run injury free  :luck:
We'll be running round a ring at the Whippet Club Champ Show  (w00t) Shhh, no one tell my lot what you'll be doing  :- "

See you at the next one  :thumbsup:

TCx

Look forward to seeing you soon TC. Best of luck at your show :luck: :thumbsup:

lamping man said:
TC said:
Best of Luck to all the runners, hope you have a great day and run injury free  :luck:
We'll be running round a ring at the Whippet Club Champ Show  (w00t) Shhh, no one tell my lot what you'll be doing  :- "

See you at the next one  :thumbsup:

TCx

Look forward to seeing you soon TC. Best of luck at your show :luck: :thumbsup:

Thanks Lampy, look forward to seeing you soon too :*

I couldn't come to this one, didn't get an appointment at the hairdressers in time (w00t) 8) :- "

TCx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back