The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

E-bay

If it's dead & stuffed YES, :( if it's still alive, NO :angry:

Linda

It's a bit risque' isn't it, I mean it's not like it's an ad for a dog for sale, there's a buy it now option? Surely the owner/breeder would like to vet the buyer? :unsure:

Live Animals

Live animals or pets other than the exceptions noted here, may not be listed on eBay. The sales of the following items are permitted, provided that the seller guarantees in the listing that the animals will be packaged safely and posted via next day delivery.

Aquarium or pond fish, snails or similar creatures.

Lobsters, crabs, shellfish and other similar creatures that are live when sold but intended for human consumption.

Live insects, crickets and worms used as bait or feeder food for pets.

--------------

A few years ago there was someone selling a litter of Great Dane pups and a few of us reported it, within an hour it was taken off!

:( is someone going to report it? I've just tried, but the listing for Live Animals doesn't come up under banned items... I think I'm doing it wrong :wacko:

Well it's under collectables, so most people looking there would be disappointed if it wasn't china and made by Beswick. I think the brevity of the description suggests it's someone trying to get round the rules though, and not really in the spirit of eBay.

Hatching eggs are very big on ebay, and sometimes people put up 'vouchers' for trios of fancy fowl (for collection only I hasten to add although the eggs go through the post fine - see my baby duck pics, they hatched from eBay eggs). It has the advantage that if someone sells you something that turns out to be not quite what it seems (which often happens in real life auctions but with no redress) you can let it be generally known that the seller is unscrupulous.

Opinion is divided among poultry folk as to whether it's a good or bad idea (bad, mainly because it might bring prices down at auction rather than for welfare concerns). I'm inclined to think good - I bought a trio of silkies once from Ross-on-Wye sales. It turned out they came from a breeder in Yorkshire so when they finally arrived home with me they'd had and extremely long and stressful journey which triggered off Mareks Disease in one, and she was paralised a couple of weeks later. I now only acquire new ones as hatching eggs which completely avoids the stress of transit and eBay is a useful way of sourcing new stock humanely; a few intelligent questions and answers usually reveal whether the breeder is competent/honest.

I agree - poor whippet. If it doesn't sell on e-bay, then what next for the poor little soul????????

if you go to the last option - my problem is not listed. You will be redirected to a page with help categories or an email option. chose e-mail option & put in the product number...

Moo.UK said:
if you go to the last option - my problem is not listed. You will be redirected to a page with help categories or an email option. chose e-mail option & put in the product number...
aha! thanks. Are ebay going to be inundated with K9-ers? :lol:

i jst email ebay with the item number and explained the add isnt clear as to what it is so i asked themto check of it was a live aniaml or not

wendy

I've reported it too, what a total prat that must be to try and sell a beautiful live creature on ebay. How sad for the whippet, I sure hope it finds a loving home soon.

I've asked the seller for more info such as age sex ect, I let you know what they say :thumbsup:

Fancy him stating collection only? you'd of thought he'd post it :- "

I'M JOKING :thumbsup:

Ok this is what she replied

HI YEAH IT'S A BITCH SHE'S 6 MONTH OLD CALLED CASSY,EXCELLENT TEMPRAMENT GREAT WITH DOGS & CHILDREN EXCELLENT PEDIGREE, BRINDLE & WHITE,THANKS DONNA

how discussing :rant: :rant: some people make my blood boil :rant: :rant: .does anyone live in that area?to get that girl out of there!!!

Do you think maybe she should be directed here, she may not be a bad person, maybe circumstances have forced her to sell and she thought Ebay was the only place she may not have any contact with the whippet world(don't jump on me it's just an oppinion)

I don't live a million miles from york but I havent got a spare £350 unfortunatly :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back