The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

E-bay

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A nice person wouldn't give a buy it now option, they would just advertise and provide a contact number with no option to bid.

*Lesley* said:
Do you think maybe she should be directed here, she may not be a bad person, maybe circumstances have forced her to sell and she thought Ebay was the only place she may not have any contact with the whippet world(don't jump on me it's just an oppinion)
I don't live a million miles from york but I havent got a spare £350 unfortunatly :(

hi Les,she may not be a bad person and no i'm not going to jump on you, but why not going back to the breeder is the first option, if not why not advertise in a decent paper eg dog world etc or whippet rescue.the poor girl could get in the wrong hands through ebay :( .

Hi guys

I have also reported - I actually think that it is the duty of everyone who uses/views this board to get on there and get this nipped in the bud!

Kat

stonefox said:
Hi guysI have also reported - I actually think that it is the duty of everyone who uses/views this board to get on there and get this nipped in the bud!

Kat

I agree with you - but it doesn't help poor little Cassy. Six months old?? :( I feel sick. She needs a home, and as we all know there are a lot of good whippet homes waiting. I think maybe "Donna" should be told to come to K9 and see if we can't all find Cassy a home. She might not get her £350, though... :unsure:

I agree with Dalegod, hopefully the seller will have already contacted the breeder if not then they should, if they have and the breeders not helped then they should be stopped from breeding/registering KC dogs (just my humble opinion)

Mark Roberts said:
I agree with Dalegod, hopefully the seller will have already contacted the breeder if not then they should, if they have and the breeders not helped then they should be stopped from breeding/registering KC dogs (just my humble opinion)

Did you tell them that mark? or did you send a general email

I know what your saying about the paper dawn it's just they may not know about them or about going back to the breeder, I wouldn't have if I hadn't been on here, they have put a phone number on now I've noticed

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that we can all create excuses and reasoning behind this particular ad - but the reason I have reported this incident is the 'buy it now' option.

This denotes to me that the current owners are not particularly interested in where this animal ends up. If this ad is not removed - then it could open the floodgates for dealers etc. to start advertising more livestock with a 'buy it now' option. I would of thought that this was the idea behind EBAY's policy of not allowing live animals to be advertised in the first place.

As people who love the breed - let us stop whippets ending up on EBAY!

Kat

Here's the reply I got.....

"I WOULDN'T BE SICK ENOUGH TO SELL A DEAD WHIPPET? SHE'S 100% ALIVE 6 MONTH OLD GORGEOUS GREAT WITH DOGS & CHILDREN SHES GOT AN EXCELLENT PEDIGREE & SHES BRINDLE & WHITE THANKS DONNA"

Scott Frodsham said:
Here's the reply I got.....
"I WOULDN'T BE SICK ENOUGH TO SELL A DEAD WHIPPET? SHE'S 100% ALIVE 6 MONTH OLD GORGEOUS GREAT WITH DOGS & CHILDREN SHES GOT AN EXCELLENT PEDIGREE & SHES BRINDLE & WHITE THANKS DONNA"

anyone know the reason why she parting with her?

Ebay rules state that you cannot sell live animals (other than goldfish, etc)

just looked on there again and the seller has ended the sale.

Sorry I couldn't help myself, I reported the item to ebay and emailed them this:

Please do not sell live animals on ebay, you have no idea who may end up with it. PLEASE contact the breeder to see if they will help of at least make sure you ensure the buyers will love this poor dog. k9community.co.uk may be a good place to start.

I got back:

if you don't mind i don't need your opinion it isn't a poor dog it is a much loved & spoilt dog

Loved so much they are flogging it on ebay :rant: :rant:

Sorry, I know situations sometimes force the sale of a loved pet, but this is pretty low :( I know also I probably shouldn't have said 'poor', but I do feel sorry for the little girl :(

I'm glad to see the sale ended, but now I'm worried about that whippet. Did anyone keep a note of the phone number that she put up? If I could persuade Cliff to let me have her, I'd go get her tomorrow.

I've just had a chat with this Donna,& found out quite a bit about the puppy.It took a lot for me not to give her a bloody good b********g,but for the sake of finding out more, i was very polite! :b

Anyway,i've said that i'm interested & she said she would meet me if i wanted,trouble is,i can't really have another here(poppy has just come into season among other reasons).

SO.....if there's someone who can pick her up & keep her for now,i'll pay for her(i got her down to £300)

I told Donna i'd ring her back later

I've got space available if needs be, or if Andrea is interested, I'll take you up there Andrea.

wow, well done Alfynn :huggles: good on your for holding your tongue.

And Jo - you didn't say anything wrong at all :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back