The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

E-bay

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Any donations would be kindly accepted. I know Mysti is going to be my responsibility, and that she is now our new girl, but I hadn't actually budgeted for having another whippet just right at this moment in time. I just knew I couldn't let this poor girl go to a bad ending, so have left myself a bit short. I've got plenty of food etc, but anyone who has coats that their whippets have outgrown, please consider donating them???????

Pictures of the 2 beautiful girls later I promise.

Andrea xxxx

I've just read this story and am shocked. And saddened by people's attitude.

HUGE well done to Debs and Andrea - you've done a fantastic thing :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :wub:

So pleased this had a happy ending, :cheers: .... but some people - I mean come on who would advertise a whippet on Ebay (w00t) Its a disgrace. :rant:

Anyway Very Good Luck with her Andrea :cheers: :luck: and Well done to you all for getting her.

Last edited by a moderator:
:- " Just leading on from this thread.

What about setting up a fund (not for money but of whippie stuff that people no longer use?? In situations like this we will all know that we are helping the whippies in our own indirect way.

I am prepared to store, log and issue stuff if no-one wants to do this? Or is there another site that does this??

Just a thought .......

anslinmcg said:

What about setting up a fund (not for money but of whippie stuff that people no longer use?? In situations like this we will all know that we are helping the whippies in our own indirect way.

I am prepared to store, log and issue stuff if no-one wants to do this? Or is there another site that does this??

Just a thought .......

good thinking Anslinmcg,that would also be a good idea to provide stuff for people who foster :thumbsup:

If anyone wants to pm or e-mail me with ideas and/or details of the stuff may be we could start getting things together??

May be Nigel will have a separate section of stuff available?

anslinmcg said:

Just a thought .......

what an excellent idea!!!!!!

Jill said:
anslinmcg said:

Just a thought .......

what an excellent idea!!!!!!

Brilliant idea! I don't have anything to donate at the moment, but our local pound shop often does really nifty things like collars and leads, and flourescent dog jackets, so if I see any good things there I'll pick up a couple and send them on. How are you going to work it - are you going to have a posting address, or will you simply PM your own address to K9ers?

That is a very good idea :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Was there anymore details on why Mysti ended up on ebay?

I've got Tens puppy coat - now that i've got Blue too, i don't think i'll be able to sneak a whippet baby into the house :blink:

Lolcoe said:
WELL having sat rewriting my reply to this, words fail me about this so called dog loving Donna!! Fair enough sell a dog, but on Ebay FFS!!!!!!Its a good job i've only just caught up with this thread as i would have took it on, without discussing it with OH :oops:

Good on ya Andrea, cant wait to see pics of her, will have to pop over to your neck of the woods for walkies with ya :thumbsup: .

Fancy it Jac?

sorry dont care what the circumstances are you DONT sell a beloved pet on E BAY!!!!!!!!

DONNA does not love that dog.... sorry.

but to those who did all the rallying round........good for you, your nothing but angels and will be rewarded for that. i hope she has a long and happy life xxx

Pleased this has a happy ending - welldone Debs & Andrea.

Great idea about having a whippet goods exchange & mart - now between us there must be some spare collars & coats (w00t)

just caught up with the lastest

[SIZE=21pt] well done debs and andrea[/SIZE] :thumbsup: :thumbsup: what a great ending :wub: :wub:

Have just seen this thread.I'm gobsmacked that anyone could dream of putting a pet on ebay :rant: What a blessing someone on K9 spotted this and she was saved any distress.Well done to all concerned, great job :huggles: :thumbsup: :cheers:

WOW I've only just read this. Well done ladies!!!

Wendy

well done K9-ers, I've only just seen this thread and am disgusted that anyone could try to sell a dog on eBay. We all know that life isn't perfect and sometimes animals do have to be rehomed, but not in this way, surely.

Hope the little girl is OK?

Gill x

wilfred said:
well done K9-ers, I've only just seen this thread and am disgusted that anyone could try to sell a dog on eBay.  We all know that life isn't perfect and sometimes animals do have to be rehomed, but not in this way, surely.
Hope the little girl is OK?

Gill x

After I wrote this I found 2 more threads about her - she sseems to be doing fine. The threads are here: http://www.k9community.co.uk/forums/index....showtopic=12216

and here: http://www.k9community.co.uk/forums/index....showtopic=12223

Wendy

Might be just a coincidence but this ad was put on Adtrader yesterday :unsure: It might have nothing to do with the "lovely" Donna :b It just seemed very familiar when I read it :unsure:

Dogs

FOR SALE

Whippet 6 Months old brindle and white, gorgeous little girl very sad sale, must go to excellent home with other whippet, great with other dogs and children, excellent pedigree, just come and see for yourself, bring other dog if you wish, to see how they mix. Tel: (07092) 624...

Price: £350.00

Town: York

Postcode: YO32

This Advert was placed on - 18th June 2005

Cheers

Steve

Jones said:
Might be just a coincidence but this ad was put on Adtrader yesterday  :unsure: It might have nothing to do with the "lovely" Donna  :b   It just seemed very familiar when I read it  :unsure:
Dogs

FOR SALE

Whippet 6 Months old brindle and white, gorgeous little girl very sad sale, must go to excellent home with other whippet, great with other dogs and children, excellent pedigree, just come and see for yourself, bring other dog if you wish, to see how they mix. Tel: (07092) 624...

Price: £350.00

Town: York

Postcode: YO32

This Advert was placed on - 18th June 2005

Cheers

Steve

(w00t) :angry: :angry:

Is that the same phone number, Dawn, Debs??? One of you rang her, didn't you?

If it is the same woman then she's a one-woman whippet trader :rant:

Ive just checked on Ebay - the main advert has gone - but the telephone number is different to that one - but that says nothing (it could be a friends number) or even a relative perhaps. Ive found it 07834 607... (Says the item is no longer for sale) :angry:

:rant: :rant:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back