The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

For K4tie-d And Linbin

Rosie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
That the great great great grandfather of our little gems is Pencloe Dutch Gold best in show winner of Crufts 1992 (w00t) .

I spent a wonderful rainy afternoon yesterday on the Whippet Archives and am very impressed with the amount of champions in their pedigrees 8) . Sparkle with Surprise has been added, it would be great to get Blue Mood Mayhem on there too :D .

There's also a great print option where you can include photos where there are some. I may not bother with the KC enhanced pedigree now but just get some nice paper and print one off.

Apologies if you knew all this anyway but had to show off to someone :D

I discovered the whippet archives a few days ago and added Muffin and our old whippet Josh. Jonah was already there but I added a few more details and will try and put up some photos at some time.

But it's fascinating reading and it seems that all the whippets on K9 are related if you go back far enough! (w00t) Jonah has Pencloe Dutch Gold appearing 3 times as his great great grandfather and Dutch Gold's father is Hillsdown Fergal, and he is Muffin's great grandfather. All very complicated. :wacko:

i knew that there was a few champions but i didnt reliese one was best in show (w00t)

the pedigree that you can print of it fab, only 4 gen takes up 2 A4 sheet, but a 5 gen takes up 11 A4 sheets :eek: :eek: it doesnt spread it out width ways just length ways, when i first looked i tried to print out the 9gen pedigree and oh my god 84 sheets of A4 paper i tried to use :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

k4tie-d said:
Janimal said:
Rosie I think you will find Pencloe Dutch Gold is in most whippets pedigrees... :thumbsup:
Hes in all my three... :)

and an old thread...

http://www.k9community.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=2567

i kinda guessed that, i think any dog that wins best in show would probibily have quite a few decendents, :huggles: :huggles:

I find it fascinating about all the times the same names appear on both sides too, like Hillsdown Fegal. Phoebe's pedigree is quite different coming from racing lines, lots of Lagunas there instead :D . Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

Knew that name rang a bell... just had a look at Dudley's pedigree and he's his great great great grandad to lol. Very handsome dog... must be why our whippies are so devilishly good looking :wub:

Emma xxx

Woo-hoo, fame at last - even if it is just the dogs fame! (w00t)

He's my Polly's great-grandad as well! Looks like most of the forum whippets are related!! :- "

That explains a lot when you look at them all in bed or hear the naughty tales :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back