The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Fridge Raiding Hooligan!!!

meddling

'Dibs'
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Ok then...what do I do when my otherwise perfect whippet in everyway learns to open the fridge?

Fridge locks do not work as a whippies nose can flick them in a second...

I don't usually have much in there, but what I do have gets devoured...I would understand it if she was a greedy Whippet, but she isn't...but Alfie is! So she opens it and he devours...

What do you lot do with your fridges...she cannot be the only one...

Mine is a tall fridge freezer with the freezer at the bottom....so No never had a problem there... :lol:

I must say thats very clever though..Fridge Raider Whippet.. :clown:

Mine is a tall fridge freezer with the freezer at the bottom....so No never had a problem there... :lol: I must say thats very clever though..Fridge Raider Whippet.. :clown:
Oh yes Janis - she's clever ok...and so flipping cheeky, up to now she's done it when I've been out...just a moment ago she pottered off out into the kitchen and I heard her open it - little Sod!!!

I only have room for under counter size fridge and freezers...

A bloody girt big chain around it with a HUGE padlock might do the trick, Clairy :-

I don't have a fridge breaker but I have Sox - who blatently jumps up onto the kitchen counter to eat the cat food, right in front of my eye :angry:s , and then can't jump down again :lol:

Clever Bluebell :thumbsup: :teehee:

A bloody girt big chain around it with a HUGE padlock might do the trick, Clairy :-
I don't have a fridge breaker but I have Sox - who blatently jumps up onto the kitchen counter to eat the cat food, right in front of my eye :angry:s , and then can't jump down again :lol:

Thanks Jane...your a bit useless today aren't you... :*

Blue also does the counter jumping thing...but only when its not covered with stuff...which is most of the time :clown:

My mum used to have a labx that could open the fridge. She had to get a fridge freezer with the fridge on top. He then stole the frozen meat and ate that. Well he was mostly lab

How about putting the fridge in a corner with the opening side of the door against the wal .You would still be able to open it but she couldn't get her nose round the side to do it or against a cupboard.

My mum used to have a labx that could open the fridge. She had to get a fridge freezer with the fridge on top. He then stole the frozen meat and ate that. Well he was mostly lab
How about putting the fridge in a corner with the opening side of the door against the wal .You would still be able to open it but she couldn't get her nose round the side to do it or against a cupboard.
Thanks...but I have the smallest kitchen in history...which is triangular :wacko: ...with no scope for moving anything (w00t)

Thanks...but I have the smallest kitchen in history...which is triangular :wacko: ...with no scope for moving anything (w00t)
OK - sounds like a full height dog gate across the doorway then :thumbsup:

cant help you clair ,mine are all o:) never opened the fridge

she's clever ok...and so flipping cheeky, up to now she's done it when I've been out...just a moment ago she pottered off out into the kitchen and I heard her open it - little Sod!!!
Could we have photos of the A Team in action please? :p Fred's never been clever enough for anything like that..... :sweating:

How about setting a trap, leaving something balanced right on the edge of a shelf so it falls off when the door opens. Something that will make a real clatter when it hits the floor and give her a fright................? A bit drastic but you never know. :-

This is histerical, so funny! Sorry I can't help but it's very entertaining, maybe not for u of course. :)

she's clever ok...and so flipping cheeky, up to now she's done it when I've been out...just a moment ago she pottered off out into the kitchen and I heard her open it - little Sod!!!
Could we have photos of the A Team in action please? :p Fred's never been clever enough for anything like that..... :sweating:

How about setting a trap, leaving something balanced right on the edge of a shelf so it falls off when the door opens. Something that will make a real clatter when it hits the floor and give her a fright................? A bit drastic but you never know. :-
No you can't have flaming photographs Nicola!!! she is bomb proof! she has to be living in my house...its one big trap with things piled up all over the place (w00t)

Can relate to this too.... :clown: Kobi the monkey, waits till I go to the bathroom on a morning, then jumps up and pulls the catfood dishes

down from my worktop and the other two help him eat it... :clown: :lol:

This is histerical, so funny! Sorry I can't help but it's very entertaining, maybe not for u of course. :)
Oh cheers for that!
:oops: Calm down, now :- :p

happinessfairy5Fblank5FLisaM2Dvi.jpg

No you can't have flaming photographs Nicola!!! she is bomb proof! she has to be living in my house...its one big trap with things piled up all over the place (w00t)
Not take any photos? :eek: ...Go on, you know you want to really :D

Never a dull moment at yours then. :p Could Bluebell come and live with me for a while...she could teach my two old dogs a thing or two :clown:

what about one of those alarms you can buy for windows? work off a little battery inside, not massively big and self-adhesive; comes in two parts, one you could stick to side of fridge, the other to the door - when you break the contact between the two without disabling it the alarm goes off, surprisingly loud and makes me jump ... a couple of times doing that might discourage her. I bought mine from B&Q, only a couple of quid so won't break the bank if it doesn't work.

what about one of those alarms you can buy for windows? work off a little battery inside, not massively big and self-adhesive; comes in two parts, one you could stick to side of fridge, the other to the door - when you break the contact between the two without disabling it the alarm goes off, surprisingly loud and makes me jump ... a couple of times doing that might discourage her. I bought mine from B&Q, only a couple of quid so won't break the bank if it doesn't work.
Yey!!!!!!! Someone talking sense!!!

Thanks for that, I think my son might just have one...will go and ask him...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back