The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Going To Iraq

Susan

Robbie
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:( Steven my nephew is going to Iraq again :(

This is his 3rd time and we are all a wee bit scared for him :( .

Just wish he would leave the TA's, but he can't find a good job in the UK :(

He's off with another 80 or so TA soldier's.

They are there for 6 months :(

Good luck to them all and stay safe :huggles:

can understand your worries, heres wishing that his time goes quick and hes home soon safe and well :luck: :luck: :luck:

How awful. Here's wishing his time passes quickly and he keeps well :luck: :luck:

Sad news for your family and ironic following yesterday's rememberance Sunday :(

I hope him and his friends come home soon safe and well. :luck:

Prayer is a very powerful thing,and i sugest you use it from now till he returns home.I'll say one for him and his comrads myself

worrying times alright....thing is thats what they join for. my nephew is a CAPTAIN in 1 ROYAL IRISH, hes the youngest capt ever served with the royal irish and do you know what..hes not happy till hes leading his battalion. hes served in SIERRA LEONE aswell as AFGHANISTAN and this before his 28th birthday. its a bad situation out there but as jamie says "its unfinished business to pull the troops out of there !" the country must be stabilised.

me...? id pull the troops out and nuke the bastards...but thats why i didnt go thru SANDHURST M.A. i suppose...ooops !

the country of IRAQ must sort its own problems out. ... !!!

TONY BLAIR YOURE A ******!!

JOHN

moderator edited for language

Last edited by a moderator:
:luck: :luck: For Steven and his colleagues. Keep them all safe. :huggles:

Susan said:
:(   Steven my nephew is going to Iraq again  :(
This is his 3rd time and we are all a wee bit scared for him  :( .

Just wish he would leave the TA's, but he can't find a good job in the UK  :(

He's off with another 80 or so TA soldier's.

They are there for 6 months  :(

Good luck to them all and stay safe  :huggles:

Sorry to hear this Susan, and I totally understand what you're going through. My brother is a commando and has recently done a stint in Iraq and is off to Afghanistan in two weeks :(

Stay positive :luck: :huggles:

Oh Susan, poor lad - I do hope and pray hes stays safe. :luck: :luck:

Some of my daughters friends are joining the army and navy too, so they may end up there too. :(

althoughh as a country we have a right to feel very proud of our armed forces, i have to agree with stormy that they should be pulled out and let them get on with things.

IMO they will never have a stable country regardless of how long our forces stayy there.

Good luck to him. :luck: :luck: They are extremley brave and all deserve our upmost respect. The problem is that if we pull out our troops the war will not just stay in Iraq. it needs to be finished.

rach125 said:
Good luck to him. :luck:   :luck: They are extremley brave and all deserve our upmost respect.  The problem is that if we pull out our troops the war will not just stay in Iraq. it needs to be finished.
My son served nearly a year in iraq there been nobody to take over his job he was only supposed to be there 6 months.He missed Christmas at home last year, now he has just gone over to afgan to serve 6 months. 3 on his friends died 1 on which was in the landrover with him. It frightens me i can't watch the news whilst hes away.

I totally agree that they should all be brought back home and let the 10dollar taliban blow themselves up instead of our family.

Good wishes to all our forces out there :luck:

gina

My brother also served in Iraq for a year. It was very worrying whilst he was away but he returned safe and sound. He's now transferred to bomb disposal - I dont know which is worse!

:luck: good luck to your son :luck:

Steven is coming home tomorrow :cheers: , and he's going to meet his son for the first time :( as the Army would not let his have leave as his son was 4 weeks early :(

Little Logan is doing great, and Ive been told he's just like his dad (poor wee sole :lol: ).

Logan was born 4 weeks early, but weighed in at 6lbs 1oz and after a short time in special babies ward as his feeding was poor at eating he's thrighing and putting on weight :D . He's been home now for 2 weeks and doing great :thumbsup:

Steven is only going to be back home for 2 weeks and then he's of to Basra again till the summer,,,,then I hope and my sister, he gets a job in the UK, where he's safe, so he can watch his son grow up :cheers:

Photo's of Steven and little Logan soon :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

be great to see pics! glad to hear all are doing well x :huggles:

posh totty said:
be great to see pics! glad to hear all are doing well x :huggles:
im glad he ended his tour safely susan! im from an army family so i know what its like :huggles:

Susan said:
Steven is coming home tomorrow  :cheers: , and he's going to meet his son for the first time  :(   as the Army would not let his have leave as his son was 4 weeks early  :(
Little Logan is doing great, and Ive been told he's just like his dad (poor wee sole  :lol: ).

Logan was born 4 weeks early, but weighed in at 6lbs 1oz and after a short time in special babies ward as his feeding was poor at eating  he's thrighing and putting on weight  :D . He's been home now for 2 weeks and doing great  :thumbsup:

Steven is only going to be back home for 2 weeks and then he's of to Basra again till the summer,,,,then I hope and my sister, he gets a job in the UK, where he's safe, so he can watch his son grow up  :cheers:

Photo's of Steven and little Logan soon  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

Aww - Heres wishing him and his new family all the very best Susan. :luck: :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back