The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Greyhound Blood in Non Ped WHIPPET Breeding

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
jasper. said:
MONSIEUR  DUPONT, DO YOU RUN A NO LIMIT DOG, AND IF NOT THEN WHAT ARE YOU CONCERNING YOURSELF ABOUT, WHEN IT DONT CONCERN YOU...WHY ARE YOU MAKING IT YOUR PROBLEM THEN?

Maurice, i don't run a no limit but i think i'm entitled to an opinion on the way they are being bred just as everyone else is.

In fact anyone breeding a litter should be concerned as they could potentially end up with a 36lber in the litter (as i did from my 30lb 1/4 greyhound bitch to a 23lb dog) having to run off or pull out of Supreme Scratch with what are basicly greyhounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
these pups are 93.75% greyhound & 6.25% whippet if it helps. mick

See why you've split the topic Vicky,but I need to mention Magical Dreams in this topic.This question is for anyone.How does Graham manage to breed from his own dog,(in the hope that he produces a pup with similar ability and size)without breeding him across a sizeable bitch.?I think if he'd have used a 1/2 or 3/4 cross then this topic would still have arisen.Should we then have to accept that a great No Limit such as Magical Dreams will never have the chance to produce offspring :( Karen

Thanks for your reply Mick, but could post a step by step equation of how you came to this result?

M D

salvageman said:
why not bring back the 21" hight limit as it used to be. mick
If you do that then what happens to dogs that make bigger when greyhound is used in the breeding.Or are you saying ban the use of greyhounds in the breeding of non peds

rodders said:
See why you've split the topic Vicky,but I need to mention Magical Dreams in this topic.This question is for anyone.How does Graham manage to breed from his own dog,(in the hope that he produces a pup with similar ability and size)without breeding him across a sizeable bitch.?I think if he'd have used a 1/2 or 3/4 cross then this topic would still have arisen.Should we then have to accept that a great No Limit such as Magical Dreams will never have the chance to produce offspring :(     Karen
Easy, put it over a first cross whippet greyhound Karen, result = 6/8 on paper.

So can we now get back on topic please, show me the % of whippet in this breeding. I will only reply to post in respect of %

M D

ps I'm not intrested in posts about hight or weight.

MONSIEUR DUPONT said:
rodders said:
See why you've split the topic Vicky,but I need to mention Magical Dreams in this topic.This question is for anyone.How does Graham manage to breed from his own dog,(in the hope that he produces a pup with similar ability and size)without breeding him across a sizeable bitch.?I think if he'd have used a 1/2 or 3/4 cross then this topic would still have arisen.Should we then have to accept that a great No Limit such as Magical Dreams will never have the chance to produce offspring :(      Karen
Easy, put it over a first cross whippet greyhound Karen, result = 6/8 on paper.

So can we now get back on topic please, show me the % of whippet in this breeding. I will only reply to post in respect of %

M D

ps I'm not intrested in posts about hight or weight.

You might not be interested in height or weight,but are you saying then this would be acceptable even if the resulting pup(s) reached 60lb and had the speed to go with it?

rodders said:
If you do that then what happens to dogs that make bigger when greyhound is used in the breeding.Or are you saying ban the use of greyhounds in the breeding of non peds
no just keep the whippet size dogs together & run the over 21" dogs in as many classes as you need to eg: 35/45/55/65/75 .mick

Okay heres a honest question for MONSIEUR DUPONT

What do you think should happen to these magical dreams X greyhound pups regarding none ped whippet racing in the uk and there % of greyhound blood in them?

okay added here and rephrased a little

salvageman said:
no just keep the whippet size dogs together & run the over 21" dogs in as many classes as you need to eg: 35/45/55/65/75 .mick
Aren't we already doing that Mick or have I misread the post

bolox im not talking to someone who wont say who they are :)

changed my post to what i was gonna say :- "

rodders said:
Aren't we already doing that Mick or have I misread the post
if you run under 21" dogs you are most unlikely to get dogs much bigger than 35lbs these will resemble whippets more than some of the larger scratch dogs do, so the over 21" heavier dogs can be run in an classes of 5lbs or 10lbs or just one scratch over 21" .mick

Getting to much for stupid me now,so im off to walk n feed my greyhound's. 100% one's too,mind.Will no doubt catch up later. ...Billy...

I KNOW WHY NOT BAN THEM, THEN WE CAN ALL STAY AT HOME.

AND THE GOOD THING ABOUT THAT IS THE REST OFF YOU WILL GET FINISHED YOUR DAYS RACING MUCH SOONER. LETS JUST PUT OUR BIG DOGS TO SLEEP EH.. : :angry:

jasper. said:
I KNOW WHY NOT BAN THEM, THEN WE CAN ALL STAY AT HOME. AND THE GOOD THING ABOUT THAT IS THE REST OFF YOU WILL GET FINISHED YOUR DAYS RACING MUCH SOONER.  LETS JUST PUT OUR BIG DOGS TO SLEEP EH.. : :angry:

if its whippet racing.race whippets not donkeys,

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back