The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Greyhound Blood in Non Ped WHIPPET Breeding

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
the place for NNWRF committee members to debate any issue between themselves regarding whippets/racing is a committee meeting not a public website

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me most of the people complaining about greyhound blood in scr dogs are the ones racing them ...we were hoping that the new scr class would stop any of this bickering among our nnwrf members

Get on and run your dogs and let the best dog win...size and weight means nothing ..ive raced 26lb up against some of the good scr dogs over the years and beaten them or been very close ..infact Peggy sues doing the scr dogs times week in week out at stockton

Cannot see these over big dogs been any good for the staights out of whippet traps

You pair better behave yourselves till you get to the meeting :lol: Think its good that commitee members have different ideas,thats what makes for a good commitee :thumbsup: :D

think I'll have to borrow steves whip for you pair :charles:

BWRA MEMBER said:
Whats sugar daddys breeding geoff
Been waiting for this question too.

Sugar Fire x my greyhound :thumbsup:

And Sugar Fire came out of Xspell x Dark Peak, Xspell came out of Dream Vision x Final Spell

Dark Peak came out of Steinman x greyhound, Steinman came out of Bonnie Tinker x Double Take and so on, alot of high bred whippet in this breeding BWRA MEMBER ;) not one offspring from this breeding that came direct from a greyhound was put back to a greyhound ;) not yet anyway :lol:

Geoff Fletcher notice not milly :lol:

weathergirls said:
the place for NNWRF  committee members to debate any issue between themselves regarding whippets/racing is a committee meeting not a public website
I quit then, so I can cotinue this public debate

Geoff

milly said:
weathergirls said:
the place for NNWRF  committee members to debate any issue between themselves regarding whippets/racing is a committee meeting not a public website
I quit then, so I can cotinue this public debate

Geoff

Bit immature answer for you :blink: lol

Anyone can debate things but would hope as a committee and its meeting are the place to discuss not the web as Linda says , if any changers are made Linda always update our members

I know one of our NNWRF committee members ;) ;) doesn't think any dog over 35lb should be racing he says once over that weigh there greyhounds... so think your self lucky he does not preach on here

weathergirls said:
Debate and differences of opinion shouldn't be discouraged, regardless of anyone's ''position''. It's only when one member dictates to others their preferences without discussion that it becomes an issue, so please don't stop debating. I don't think anyone is looking at posts in a negative manner, especially when the NNWRF have took steps to be accomodating to all scratch racers.. :thumbsup:

As said the NNWRF have introduced another scr class this year to see how it works

Any other NNWRF business regarding scr dogs will stay the way it is , until its brought up at a NNWRF Com meeting

Theres no way the NNWRF is getting dragged into this debate IE capping or looking into generations , until such time the Com have voted on any change

But by all means have a healthy debate about Greyhound Blood in Non Ped WHIPPET Breeding and enjoy other peoples opinions

DENISE BAILEY said:
Bit immature answer for you  :blink:   lol
Anyone can debate things but would hope as a committee and its meeting are the place to discuss not the web as Linda says , if any changers are made Linda always update our members

I know one of our NNWRF committee members  ;)   ;) doesn't think any dog over 35lb should be racing he says once over that weigh there greyhounds... so think your self lucky he does not preach on here

IMMATURE :Not fully developed(I hope I am! :- " )

Lacking wisdom or stability because of youth(I wish) (59 yrs old)

In respect of you saying that a NNWRF committee member doesn't think any dog over 35lb should be racing,thats fine by me,just his opinion which he is entitled to.Why should being on a committee prevent me from saying what I think on here?What comes in my head,comes out my mouth.Always as and always will!

Geoff

freindly debate mr fletch :) im sayin nowt else :- " :D never had u down as a quiter though m8

milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:

I know one of our NNWRF committee members  ;)   ;) doesn't think any dog over 35lb should be racing he says once over that weigh there greyhounds... so think your self lucky he does not preach on here

In respect of you saying that a NNWRF committee member doesn't think any dog over 35lb should be racing,thats fine by me,just his opinion which he is entitled to.Why should being on a committee prevent me from saying what I think on here?What comes in my head,comes out my mouth.Always as and always will!

Geoff

WELL SAID BRING ON FREE SPEECH MILLY

graham

Last edited by a moderator:
milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:

Geoff

Just don't want the NNWRF brought into the capping or generation thing on k9 if its brought up at one of our meetings then alls well it will be discussed , the new class was added in hope to accompany every dog , would like to see how member of scr dogs find the extra class after it is given a go for 12 months

I am all for Freedom of speech if you don't know that by now you never will

As for you quiting thats initially up to yourself ... Ive heard lots of people on whippet racing Coms over the past few years say the same :- "

milly said:
mutley said:
the nnwrf have no probs with scratch dogs whatever the breeding :)
I also have no problems with scratch dogs,but I think we have to draw the line with the amount of Greyhound blood we put into our breeding program.

This is not a personal attack on Graham,because I've made it clear to him my thoughts on the amount of Greyhound in his last litter ie..the aggro he may get.

I have personally bred a scratch dog that I can race on the straights as well as on the bends!!(I hope) Not all the NNWRF share your opinion Gary, because I for one only agree with half of your statement.

Just my opinion. Geoff

SPOT ON GEOFF!!! I was attempting to reply with exactly the same thing today whilst at work but was on my mobile and getting no joy.

This little part of the NNWRF has issues with the "whatever the breeding" bit of Gary's statement too, i wouldn't like people thinking that i am condoning the scratch dogs that are currently being bred, which is what Gary's post implies. Sorry Gaz :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back