The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Greyhound Blood in Non Ped WHIPPET Breeding

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Can i just ask something, I'm quite worried as we have a non ped whippet who is 50lbs ............will we be caught up in all the back stabbing and bitching because we have a big dog? I know that he is maybe small compared to some, and he fits in a whippet trap, so he can compete in both the bends and the straights, unlike some much bigger ones I presume?

How on earth can we expect people to join the whippet racing clubs if they can read stuff thats being posted recently. Sometimes the motivation to post seems to be about creating trouble, not discussing the issues. Surely everyone is allowed an opinion, not that it's necessarily the right one, just an opinion?

I'm sorry if this is a bit off post, but to be honest every post lately seems gravitate back to the same discussions..............big dogs, BWRA or bruce.........so I hedged my bets :(

chris

its hardly backstabbing when its being debated publicly Chris :) its when people post under secret identities that causes it to be backstabbing :( hope my debate with fletch is taken in the right context as we both say what we think and now hes promised to paint me a picture i like him even more now :D and i dont think you will have a problem with a fifty pounder on avarage its not that big :) wait till bobs 70 lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris my motivation when posting certainly isn't about creating trouble, i would much rather have my say and see other people's points of view rather than burying my head in the sand, or keep quiet Vicky it doesn't affect you - yadda yadda yadda. People should be able to voice there opinions rather than having it chucked back in their face because it's different from someone else's.

I'd much rather people say what they think on here rather than bitch & backstab as you call it at the track.

rob67 said:
Can i just ask something, I'm quite worried as we have a non ped whippet who is 50lbs ............will we be caught up in all the back stabbing and bitching because we have a big dog? I know that he is maybe small compared to some, and he fits in a whippet trap, so he can compete in both the bends and the straights, unlike some much bigger ones I presume? How on earth can we expect people to join the whippet racing clubs if they can read stuff thats being posted recently. Sometimes the motivation to post seems to be about creating trouble, not discussing the issues. Surely everyone is allowed an opinion, not that it's necessarily the right one, just an opinion?

I'm sorry if this is a bit off post, but to be honest every post lately seems gravitate back to the same discussions..............big dogs, BWRA or bruce.........so I hedged my bets  :(

chris

Haven't noticed any back stabbing and Harvey is 58lb,although i've said on many occasions wish he'd have stayed a bit smaller so that he could fit in all the straight traps :lol: I can honestly say every one has made us more than welcome,and loads have told me I haven't got a whippet,but i'm quite happy to accept everybody elses oppinion,and if they don't like mine they can (and have :lol: )told me to shut up :D Karen

mutley said:
its hardly backstabbing when its being debated publicly Chris :)   its when people post under secret identities that causes it to be backstabbing :(   hope my debate with fletch is taken in the right context as we both say what we think and now hes promised to paint me a picture i like him even more now  :D
Don't think it really matters what you call it, backstabbing, bitching.........whatever. I just wanted to voice my concern :( Maybe because it is a public debate that it is so concerning to me. I'm just curious about the impression it gives to people who maybe dont know so much about racing. Not really referring to anyones posts in particular either.

chris

rob67 said:
Can i just ask something, I'm quite worried as we have a non ped whippet who is 50lbs ............will we be caught up in all the back stabbing and bitching because we have a big dog? I know that he is maybe small compared to some, and he fits in a whippet trap, so he can compete in both the bends and the straights, unlike some much bigger ones I presume? How on earth can we expect people to join the whippet racing clubs if they can read stuff thats being posted recently. Sometimes the motivation to post seems to be about creating trouble, not discussing the issues. Surely everyone is allowed an opinion, not that it's necessarily the right one, just an opinion?

I'm sorry if this is a bit off post, but to be honest every post lately seems gravitate back to the same discussions..............big dogs, BWRA or bruce.........so I hedged my bets  :(

chris

Chris,you shouldn't have any problems regarding Ty,as he was intentionally bred for what you say,straights and bends.His sire was a yd/lber even though he was 35lb.If you do get any back stabbing and bitching please refer them to me or Geoff

Hazel

ps.But don't refer anyone to us tonight because Geoffs in a mood :lol:

rob67 said:
mutley said:
its hardly backstabbing when its being debated publicly Chris :)   its when people post under secret identities that causes it to be backstabbing :(   hope my debate with fletch is taken in the right context as we both say what we think and now hes promised to paint me a picture i like him even more now  :D
Don't think it really matters what you call it, backstabbing, bitching.........whatever. I just wanted to voice my concern :( Maybe because it is a public debate that it is so concerning to me. I'm just curious about the impression it gives to people who maybe dont know so much about racing. Not really referring to anyones posts in particular either.

chris

Ive alway worried if capping or the generation thing did come in what would happen to the dogs that have gone over the limit and who would be the one to decide on what weigh the limit would be

milly said:
rob67 said:

chris

Chris,you shouldn't have any problems regarding Ty,as he was intentionally bred for what you say,straights and bends.His sire was a yd/lber even though he was 35lb.If you do get any back stabbing and bitching please refer them to me or Geoff

Hazel

ps.But don't refer anyone to us tonight because Geoffs in a mood :lol:

Tell the truth hazel he's looking for his paints and brushes lol Maybe he's got that S.A.D syndrome too like me

banghead.gif

I'm actually surprised people are suggesting it's a size issue because I certainly don't see it as this - to me it's about breeding WHIPPETS.

I don't have an issue with people not declaring their identity on here either, I'm actually more concerned that they feel they can't post under their own name. :(

The posters of late haven't broken any K9 rules and I think they've put forward some valid debates. If anything they've been on the receiving end of abuse which just goes to show why folk feel they can't post under their own name.

wild whippies said:
I'm actually surprised people are suggesting it's a size issue because I certainly don't see it as this -  to me it's about breeding WHIPPETS.
I don't have an issue with people not declaring their identity on here either, I'm actually more concerned that they feel they can't post under their own name. :(  

The posters of late haven't broken any K9 rules and I think they've put forward some valid debates. If anything they've been on the receiving end of abuse which just goes to show why folk feel they can't post under their own name.

A couple of years ago it was said by someone that if a no limit was over a certain weigh it should not run...think it was about 56lb but not certain

when i said size i meant weigh ...you wouldn't say to a fat person look at your weigh you would say by shes some size if you get my drift

Vicky said:
Chris my motivation when posting certainly isn't about creating trouble, i would much rather have my say and see other people's points of view rather than burying my head in the sand, or keep quiet Vicky it doesn't affect you - yadda yadda yadda.  People should be able to voice there opinions rather than having it chucked back in their face because it's different from someone else's.I'd much rather people say what they think on here rather than bitch & backstab as you call it at the track.

I wasn't saying it was anyone in particular Vicky :( , as I said it was difficult to know where to say what I felt in which topic because they all seem to have a similar content lately. I agree that people have a right to say what they think, and that's all i did. I am concerned about the implications of having a scratch dog, ther are people who bitch and backstab, it's only my opinion. I would much rather I could discuss stuff face to face rather than on here, just my choice. All I was trying to say in the rest of my post ,that didn't seem to have had as much impact, is that I'm concerned about how this might look to someone coming into the sport.

chris

we couldnt cap any dogs we once bred a 25 pound bitch to a 30 pound dog sizes were 25 27 40 and one ended up 56 pound throwing back 3 generations to a greyhound so we need to be very careful when we start saying cap them what would of happened to the poor heavyweight in my WHIPPET litter :( i know im not right on topic as Geoff said his views were on blood lines not size :)

I REMEMBER PEOPLE A FEW YEARS CALLING COME ON ERNIE AND COME ON SUE GREYHOUNDS. WAS IT BECAUSE THEY WERE BIG NO SUE WAS 23 1/2 " AND ERNIE WAS 24 1/2" TO THE SHOULDER IT WAS BECAUSE THEY WERE FAST IF THEY COULD NOT RUN THEY WOULD NOT HAVE GOT A MENTION.

FOR YEARS BIG DOGS REGARDLESS OF THERE BREEDING HAVE COME AND GONE AND CLUBS HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO TAKE THERE MONEY FOR RACING I COULD NAME A LOT BUT WONT . ITS ONLY WHEN YOU GET A GOOD ONE THAT THIS DISSCUTION GETS BROUGHT UP

IF I BRED A LITTER FROM ONE OF MY SRATCH DOGS THAT DID NOT MAKE THE GRADE TO A GREYHOUND IT WOULD NOT EVEN GET A MENTION UNLESS A PUP FROM IT STARTED WINING .

IF THEY WERE ALL CRAP YOU WOULD BE HAPPY TO RACE THEM WHITHOUT ANY MENTION OF SIZE OR HOW THERE BRED.

HAPPY RACING FOR 2008

GARY :D

gary farmer said:
I REMEMBER PEOPLE A FEW YEARS CALLING COME ON ERNIE AND COME ON SUE GREYHOUNDS. WAS IT BECAUSE THEY WERE BIG NO SUE WAS 23 1/2 " AND ERNIE WAS 24 1/2" TO THE SHOULDER IT WAS BECAUSE THEY WERE FAST IF THEY COULD NOT RUN THEY WOULD NOT HAVE GOT A MENTION.
FOR YEARS BIG DOGS REGARDLESS OF THERE BREEDING HAVE COME AND GONE AND CLUBS HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO TAKE THERE MONEY FOR RACING I COULD NAME A LOT BUT WONT . ITS ONLY WHEN YOU GET A GOOD ONE THAT THIS DISSCUTION GETS BROUGHT UP

IF I BRED A LITTER FROM ONE OF MY SRATCH DOGS THAT DID NOT MAKE THE GRADE TO A GREYHOUND IT WOULD NOT EVEN GET A MENTION UNLESS A PUP FROM IT STARTED WINING .

IF THEY WERE ALL CRAP YOU WOULD BE HAPPY TO RACE THEM WHITHOUT ANY MENTION OF SIZE OR HOW THERE BRED.

HAPPY RACING FOR 2008

GARY  :D

I also remember people saying Banjo Stunner and Abbey Road were Greyhounds.

Geoff

milly said:
gary farmer said:

HAPPY RACING FOR 2008

GARY  :D

Geoff

Me to esp abby road

Hows this for one.A cetain whippet racer,obviously won't mention a name :- " stood and stroked Harvey,then proceeded to tell me his ears looked rather red inside as the said person examined him for ear numbers :- " :lol: Hadn't the heart to mention that you can get greyhounds without them being tatooed :lol:

AND WASNT IT NICE WHEN YOU BEAT THEM NOT BECAUSE THEY WERE GREYHOUND BECAUSE THEY WERE GREAT SRATCH DOGS

WELL MOST OF THEM LOL :p :D

GARY

DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:

Geoff

Me to esp abby road

I've heard this too. Which leads me to this.....

mutley said:
im gonna buy a little sprint greyhound and just lie about its breeding  (w00t)
What's stopping anyone from doing this? (w00t)

Edited to add, I'm not saying I have issues over greys racing but the whole debate will rear it's head when someone decides to do a 31/32 GHD lineage so why should we be discriminatory to GHD's?

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back