The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Greyhound Blood in Non Ped WHIPPET Breeding

Discussion in 'Dog Sports' started by MONSIEUR DUPONT, Dec 17, 2007.

1. sherry

sherry Active Member Registered

becoz scratch is scratch ie all off levels, although asive said b4 change it to the big dogs handicap or staggered race lol :thumbsup:

2. Vicky

Vicky Maid Your Point Registered

If the only concern is what it could be called, well!!!!!!!!! Say no more!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2008
  3. mutley

mutley THE KING Registered

no supreme scratch would solve problem :)) it wasn't really a concern before its introduction :- " plus your 36 40 and no limit winners held more prestige :) now its whatever wins supreme tends to take away the prestige of the other 2 scratch groups :) imo

4. simpson

simpson New Member Registered

see what ya sayin, but personally i believe the scr should have the opportunity to gain sup scr ch /scr ch ch`s. lol it was me that asked the old fed to add the scr run off hence the SIMPSON trophy for sup :- "

5. simpson

see what your sayin gary,but i personaaly believe that scr dogs should have the opportunity to gain ch ch`s /sup ch.

lol it was myself that approached the old fed regarding the scr run off hense the SIMPSON trophy for sup :- " :- " :oops:

6. simpson

bloody pc went daft lol

7. mutley

dont blame pc :D its got good and bad points i think Richie it must be nice to gain sup of course but still think its caused a bit of a problem when people with 36 or 40 pounders not wanting to run of with bigger dogs for safety aspects :) but there again no ones forced to run in supremes so theres a good argument either way really it comes down to owners choice i suppose :)

8. rodders

rodders New Member Registered

Soooo this is all YOUR fault :- " :lol:

9. Paws123

Paws123 NNWRF TREASURER Registered

PMSL your daft lol

Totally agree sup Scr is nice to win but i still have issues with the safely aspect of it , and its simple if you don't want to run your dog off for the sup scr then don't ...simple same as 1ydlb handicap ..

10. simpson

totally agree its entirely upto the owners :thumbsup:

11. simpson

only fed not bwra someone else to blame for that lol :teehee:

12. rodders

It's no use creeping now,you trouble causer you :p :lol:

13. mutley

yeah richie u to blame and stop sending me pms blamin mand (w00t)

14. rodders

Go on Gary get him in trouble off the pc aswell as on it :lol: :thumbsup:

15. sherry

the way i look @it is well @ the mo ive got nikki whizz about 46lb now say i am lucky enuf to get in a supreme scratch race and i have to give yards away well then id prob w/d as it wudnt b a scratch race imo. same as if i had a 40lber and i ended up getting a start on a bigger dog and i won well id b thinking to myself i only won coz i had so many yards start or wotever. simplest thing is do away with supreme scratch but then it is taking the status away from those who wud like to race in it. i agree with dee its the same as yds per pound supremes. is this more to do with bend racing? REASON I ASK soz @caps on bloody laptop anywauy reason i ask is the big big dogs and theres not that many of them anyway they wonr fit in the traps on the straights i used to have to squeeze mickey whizz in and he was only 50lb

16. wild whippies

wild whippies Super-D-Duper Registered

3 options the way I see it,

1. Scrap Supreme Scratch

2. Carry on as before leaving it to the owners discrepancy to run for Supreme.

3. Only award Supreme (and titles associated with this) when there is a competitive run off for it (i.e. not a solo)

The only problem with the latter that Tony's just pointed out to me is that some may withdraw from Supreme deliberately to prevent another dog receiving the award. I'm surprised that he thinks some may do this as I would of thought if I had a reasonable chance I'd risk it. What do others think?

The other thing is it does seem daft to deny the fastest dog an award but then the title Champion of Champions seems a bit farsical if you run against nothing.

Arrghhh!! :wacko:

17. sherry

personally id only withdraw my dog from a (proper) supreme scratch i it was way way behind in times although saying that when i raced mickey whizz one day @ murton he won the no limit & no surrender won the 40lb and no surrender in the 1st run was 7 yards faster than mickey whizz but i still ran off and it was a brill race with no surrender winning by only a head. u c som dogs get faster their 2nd/3rd run etc so i cant c the time thing working. anyway back to withdrawing id prob only w/d hru injury or if my dog imo had had too many runs. i dont really think people wud w/d so a said dog wud get the points but u never know, unless nobody knew that a dog had w/d until the last minute? but then thats not really fair on the dog if u had it all geed up to race again etc

personally id leave it the way it is but thats just my opinion

18. mutley

i agree kaz leave it as it is and leave it up to owners to decide if they want to run in sup :thumbsup:

19. mutley

MAND (w00t) richies sent me another pm and still blamin you and callin ya names you should really clout him :D

20. hellbound

hellbound New Member Registered

please tell me you did'nt, (w00t) lol Rob take chris out :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: alot, lot lot more lol