The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Greyhound Blood in Non Ped WHIPPET Breeding

simpson said:
rodders said:
simpson said:
:rant:
mutley said:
MAND  (w00t) richies sent me another pm and still blamin you and callin ya names you should really clout him  :D
:rant: keep it up gary lol

We know who where's the trousers in your house Rich :- " :lol:

ave we done she gonna batter me lol :blink:

You should be used to that by now :- " :lol:

milly said:
I think this litter should be allowed to race in the non peds regardless to the amount of greyhound blood in their breeding.And I personally think, in the future, all breeders who are breeding intentionally for scratch racing if breeding from a greyhound should make sure the percentage of whippet should be no less than 2/8 ish. I know some will say its impossible because all our whippets have greyhound in their ancestory, but to try to breed a genuine first x whippet greyhound we would have to go back to square one ie. a pedigree whippet over a full greyhound, and then the offspring of this mating being put back again to another full greyhound, result being a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 whippet.

And when we get to this stage of our breeding program, we must look very carefully at the amount of greyhound that is going to be introduced into the next generation.

I personally would be looking for a dog or bitch which, when looking at its pedigree I would want to see at least a 3 generation gap before I saw a full greyhound.

I do hope mine and Grahams friendship is strong enough to allow us to have our own opinions, because at the end of the day I'm only expressing in public, what a lot of people are saying behind his back and don't have the courage to admit their true feelings.

Yours in Sport, Geoff

IT SURE IS DUDE. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

storm1 said:
i supposed graham bred these for his own use and his friendsand people who wanted one of these pups

its the same on all sites if there not to your liking then dont

slag or get involed with something there not interested or concerned

about

if one day your in a race with one of grahams pups and you thing its not fair

then dont run dont try and bring everyone else to your level with moaning

GOOD LUCK TO THESE PUPS AND THERE OWNERS :)   :cheers:

SPOT ON MATE THANKS

PMSL yesterday i was out walking magical dream and my pups and i was stopped quite a few times by people asking me about the dogs then the next thing i see is a landrover coming towards me flashing his lights.

the landrover stops and the driver was my old freind mark addcock some of you will know mark he had some scratch dogs years go cant remember there names but im sure the old lass from manton will let us know. :thumbsup:

anyway mark was asking about the dogs and said he looks a fine animal the brindled dog whats he weigh graham i told him he 53lb he said never your taking the **** he only looks about 35lb well that made my day.

then mark asked about the blue pups and how they were bred so i told him and he said they not going to be very big graham made me smile again :cheers: mark you made my day.

a veiw from behind of the two pups.

006-4.jpg

The old lass' is struggling memory loss setting in i think :blink: .... Mr Lofty i think was his best dog around 30lb. I do believe Mark did have a couple more after him and maybe a bit bigger not sure will have to go look in the old black book and see what i can find :thumbsup:

sadieandco said:
The old lass' is struggling memory loss setting in i think  :blink: .... Mr Lofty i think was his best dog around 30lb. I do believe Mark did have a couple more after him and maybe a bit bigger not sure will have to go look in the old black book and see what i can find :thumbsup:
ah i knew i could count on you

Ok here goes then

Mark had a litter from Mr Lofty (Yorky Boy x Sarah g/h) x Ayshea ~(Stampede x Lady Uncas g/h) which produced Sparrow Queen, Montego, and Tazmaz i seem to think Montego was the best of these about 32 ish. Don't remember him having others after this litter tho but could be wrong :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
009-2.jpg

nice bit of training land eh neil

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a read of this again very interesting lol .... dec 07 :D

What weight did the litter make graham ...they should be all grown up now

As A LURCHER OWNER AND BREEDER AND A LOVER OF ALL RUNNING DOGS, I FOUND THE LAST 12 PAGES THE BEST READ FOR A LONG TIME. IN MY OPPION NONE PEDS ARE THE BEST OF ALL BECAUSE OF THE MIX OF BLOOD TO GET THE BEST IF IT ENDS UP A SMALL TYPE GREY SO WHAT,IF IT BEATS ALL COMERS THEN ITS WHAT DOG BREEDING IS ALL ABOUT. JUST LOOK AT THE OBEDIENCE AT CRUFFS IT USED TO BE ALL G S D NOW ITS ALL BORDER COLLIES NO SMARTER JUST THE RIGHT TYPE FOR THE JOB.

As A LURCHER OWNER AND BREEDER AND A LOVER OF ALL RUNNING DOGS, I FOUND THE LAST 12 PAGES THE BEST READ FOR A LONG TIME. IN MY OPPION NONE PEDS ARE THE BEST OF ALL BECAUSE OF THE MIX OF BLOOD TO GET THE BEST IF IT ENDS UP A SMALL TYPE GREY SO WHAT,IF IT BEATS ALL COMERS THEN ITS WHAT DOG BREEDING IS ALL ABOUT. JUST LOOK AT THE OBEDIENCE AT CRUFFS IT USED TO BE ALL G S D NOW ITS ALL BORDER COLLIES NO SMARTER JUST THE RIGHT TYPE FOR THE JOB.
There's that collie again lol :clown:

Have to agree with you after all the none ped whippet is just that ...a smooth coated lurcher

The topic made good reading and a good debate too ...Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back