The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Greyhound Blood in Non Ped WHIPPET Breeding

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
DENISE BAILEY said:
rob67 said:
I wasn't saying it was anyone in particular Vicky :( , as I said it was difficult to know where to say what I felt in which topic because they all seem to have a similar content lately.chris

I did point this out as happening when the topic was split and another one started , all with the same type of material in it :oops: :- " maybe it should be all thrown back together

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same could be said over the last god knows how many years and every post that's reverted back to Yvonne / Tony and everything else that's dragged on for a lifetime, throw in a bit of drug testing / Bruce & Di and the banning of kickboards and hey presto you're back to the birth of k9!!!!!!! ;)

Bump Bump....all you non ped'ers should jack it in and go lurcher racing :clown:

Vicky said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
rob67 said:
I wasn't saying it was anyone in particular Vicky :( , as I said it was difficult to know where to say what I felt in which topic because they all seem to have a similar content lately.chris

I did point this out as happening when the topic was split and another one started , all with the same type of material in it :oops: :- " maybe it should be all thrown back together

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same could be said over the last god knows how many years and every post that's reverted back to Yvonne / Tony and everything else that's dragged on for a lifetime, throw in a bit of drug testing / Bruce & Di and the banning of kickboards and hey presto you're back to the birth of k9!!!!!!! ;)

I know (w00t) I had nothing better to do one night and decided to go back to the beginning of K9 and read the posts..............it's the same old stories and debates ( or should I say arguments (w00t) ). Much the same people posting and no conclusions either to the debates.............as you say, not much changed then :D

Vicky said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
rob67 said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good idea save me searching about when need to look back for something..lol see where u coming from

I WENT LURCHER RACING LAST WEEK AND SOMEONE TRIED TO RACE A HAIRY ONE

THEN HE SAID IT WAS A TRUE LURCHER (FOOL) WE LARFED :clown:

THEN THROUGH IT OUT

SOME PEOPLE :D

I think this litter should be allowed to race in the non peds regardless to the amount of greyhound blood in their breeding.

And I personally think, in the future, all breeders who are breeding intentionally for scratch racing if breeding from a greyhound should make sure the percentage of whippet should be no less than 2/8 ish. I know some will say its impossible because all our whippets have greyhound in their ancestory, but to try to breed a genuine first x whippet greyhound we would have to go back to square one ie. a pedigree whippet over a full greyhound, and then the offspring of this mating being put back again to another full greyhound, result being a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 whippet.

And when we get to this stage of our breeding program, we must look very carefully at the amount of greyhound that is going to be introduced into the next generation.

I personally would be looking for a dog or bitch which, when looking at its pedigree I would want to see at least a 3 generation gap before I saw a full greyhound.

I do hope mine and Grahams friendship is strong enough to allow us to have our own opinions, because at the end of the day I'm only expressing in public, what a lot of people are saying behind his back and don't have the courage to admit their true feelings.

Yours in Sport, Geoff

milly said:
I think this litter should be allowed to race in the non peds regardless to the amount of greyhound blood in their breeding.And I personally think, in the future, all breeders who are breeding intentionally for scratch racing if breeding from a greyhound should make sure the percentage of whippet should be no less than 2/8 ish. I know some will say its impossible because all our whippets have greyhound in their ancestory, but to try to breed a genuine first x whippet greyhound we would have to go back to square one ie. a pedigree whippet over a full greyhound, and then the offspring of this mating being put back again to another full greyhound, result being a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 whippet.

And when we get to this stage of our breeding program, we must look very carefully at the amount of greyhound that is going to be introduced into the next generation.

I personally would be looking for a dog or bitch which, when looking at its pedigree I would want to see at least a 3 generation gap before I saw a full greyhound.

I do hope mine and Grahams friendship is strong enough to allow us to have our own opinions, because at the end of the day I'm only expressing in public, what a lot of people are saying behind his back and don't have the courage to admit their true feelings.

Yours in Sport, Geoff

What I also wanted to state in this post, was it would be spiteful of us not to allow this litter to race in the non peds, but let it be a lesson learnt to all of us and let us put abit of thought and consideration into our breeding programs.

i supposed graham bred these for his own use and his friends

and people who wanted one of these pups

its the same on all sites if there not to your liking then dont

slag or get involed with something there not interested or concerned

about

if one day your in a race with one of grahams pups and you thing its not fair

then dont run dont try and bring everyone else to your level with moaning

GOOD LUCK TO THESE PUPS AND THERE OWNERS :) :cheers:

Even those who don't race in the scratch classes are entitled to an opinion.

Geoff

Speaking as someone whose dog will race against some of the pups from the litter i dont have a problem with it. If there are no rules to determine that a dog can race in the non ped racing that clearly state the % of greyhound allowed in a litter, the weight or height of a dog etc then how can they be stopped. They will be handicapped by the difficulties in fitting in traps on the straights anyway if they are too big, so their racing career will be hampered anyway. Perhaps it's up to the committees and maybe a small working party to come up with ideas to regulate the breeding and put forward new rules that are accepted by both organisations.

There are so many people on here that have the skills to do that, why spend the next ????????years debating the same thing..........lets get on and sort something out.

chris

Fair play to you geoff and all the other scr racers ...

I think this litter should be allowed to race in the non peds regardless to the amount of greyhound blood in their breeding.

Going to quote myself a bit i added in another topic and should of gone in here

The way i see it ...some type of breeding program should of been introduced years ago ... .. if we introduced it now..some breeders would think it was because of litters they have breed.
Someone come up with a good idea that will work to discourage breeders of putting bigger dogs together ..the generation thing sounds good looks good on paper, but as has been said people would just become dishonest as to whats been breed.

I agree with Geoff too, I'm against any dog that's been bred for purpose not being allowed to display it's abilities.

storm1 said:
if one day your in a race with one of grahams pups and you thing its not fairthen dont run dont try and bring everyone else to your level with moaning

It should be made clear here that just because some of us decide to withdraw our dogs, it's certainly not as a 'boycot' to a particular dog, more that we recognise our own dogs limitations. Best races are the closest ones in my opinion, regardless of the breeding. :thumbsup:

DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
Bit immature answer for you  :blink:   lol

Anyone can debate things but would hope as a committee and its meeting are the place to discuss not the web as Linda says , if any changers are made Linda always update our members

I know one of our NNWRF committee members  ;)   ;) doesn't think any dog over 35lb should be racing he says once over that weigh there greyhounds... so think your self lucky he does not preach on here

IMMATURE :Not fully developed(I hope I am! :- " )

Lacking wisdom or stability because of youth(I wish) (59 yrs old)

In respect of you saying that a NNWRF committee member doesn't think any dog over 35lb should be racing,thats fine by me,just his opinion which he is entitled to.Why should being on a committee prevent me from saying what I think on here?What comes in my head,comes out my mouth.Always as and always will!

Geoff

Just don't want the NNWRF brought into the capping or generation thing on k9 if its brought up at one of our meetings then alls well it will be discussed , the new class was added in hope to accompany every dog , would like to see how member of scr dogs find the extra class after it is given a go for 12 months

I am all for Freedom of speech if you don't know that by now you never will

As for you quiting thats initially up to yourself ... Ive heard lots of people on whippet racing Coms over the past few years say the same :- "

Then some of the committee have double standards on reading some topics on here. I'm sure you don't want me to give you examples because we would be going off topic.

Geoff

Theres a button at the top of the page on the right i think it says new topic.. :thumbsup:

Yes your right, it's in between ADDREPLY and NEW POLL, and just above Outline. [standard]. and Linear :thumbsup: do I have to press the standard aswell as new topic :lol:

OK was gunna add a reply on here typed it all out then changed my mind, whats the point all of what is being debated on here has bin said before and spoke about in the past...for what tho nothing has changed and this will go on and on and on unless instead of debating the negative why not all put heads together and try a different format ie timed handicap for the big dogs or summat hey at the end of the day nothing will get better unless everybody works together instead of pulling things down!!

The normal sized dogs :b not saying scr dogs aint normal but you know what i mean..all run differnt things so why cant the scr dogs???? :oops: just a thought!!

sadie x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back