The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Here's My New Puppy

madbella

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We went to see and choose our puppy at the weekend. I had never seen puppys this young (2 weeks old) and they are so cute.

So hubby and I chose this little black and white fella.

We can't wait to go and see him again. The breeders are lovely and have said that we can go back any time, I just wish they were a little closer then I would go and see him everyday!

Now we just have to wait until september then we can bring him home.

We are still thinking of names so any suggestions are welcome.

P.jpg

Oooh, he's lush :wub: but then I am biased as I have a little black and white boy coming to live with me in a few weeks (w00t)

Who are his parents?

I love the little spot on his head :wub:

he is GORGEOUS :wub:

choosing names is such fun - we've got a 13 week old boy called Tito and we spent days thinking about names

do you go for blokes names like Ernie and Stan :thumbsup:

or romantic names like Darcy and Leonardo :wub:

or names of the gods like Apollo and Zeus o:)

or names that reflect his looks like Harlequin or Badger or Inky :D

you'll have hours of fun choosing and years and years of fun living with him GOOD LUCK

jostler said:
he is GORGEOUS :wub: choosing names is such fun - we've got a 13 week old boy called Tito and we spent days thinking about names

do you go for blokes names like Ernie and Stan  :thumbsup:

or romantic names like Darcy and Leonardo  :wub:

or names of the gods like Apollo and Zeus  o:)

you'll have hours of fun choosing and years and years of fun living with him GOOD LUCK

Cor, you're good at the name game (w00t)

I love Darcy!

Harequin is fab, and could be Harley for short :wub:

Badger is mine (w00t) :angry: 8) :- "

TCx

TC said:
jostler said:
he is GORGEOUS :wub: choosing names is such fun - we've got a 13 week old boy called Tito and we spent days thinking about names

do you go for blokes names like Ernie and Stan  :thumbsup:

or romantic names like Darcy and Leonardo  :wub:

or names of the gods like Apollo and Zeus  o:)

Cor, you're good at the name game (w00t)

I love Darcy!

Harequin is fab, and could be Harley for short :wub:

Badger is mine (w00t) :angry: 8) :- "

TCx

Tracy, I think BADGER is BRILLIANT for your little cutie pie - strong and brave :wub:

I LOVE thinking of names and when I was a girl thought my own name Jane was just so plain (I like it now) then I wanted to be Melanie Darcy!! or Josephine or Arabella (I read too many Georgette Heyer novels) :D

jostler said:
Tracy, I think BADGER is BRILLIANT for your little cutie pie - strong and brave  :wub: I LOVE thinking of names and when I was a girl thought my own name Jane was just so plain (I like it now) then I wanted to be Melanie Darcy!! or Josephine or Arabella (I read too many Georgette Heyer novels)  :D
(w00t) What is it about our own names :wacko:

I hate Tracy :angry: (always have) and love my middle name, Jayne :- " I wish my grandad had stuck by his guns, but my mum over ruled him and said it had to be Tracy and Jayne could be my middle name, she was sooo selfish 8)

I think the name game for dogs is a nightmare, so hard. This last one was easy though, it's always been there...I just needed a pup to fit it (w00t)

:b Sorry to hijack your thread Madbella, and I really like Harlequin :wub:

Good luck, whatever you decide :luck: You might end up like we were with Jacob, had a name and then bought him home and it didn't 'fit' We spent a whole day trying to think of a new one :blink: and he ended up being Jacob, which was the name of one of his litter brothers. Funnily enough, he answered to it everytime (w00t) 8) :- "

I think his pedigree name will have Willowood in it. Not sure exactly who is parents are.

His dad is black and his mum is blue and fawny brindle. :D Not much help!!

He has that diamond spot on his head and another spot on his neck. I wanted to call him spot!!

Thanks for all the name suggestions, they are great.

I quite like Badger (sorry TC), and we are also thinking of Austin (aussy for short) after hubbys pride and joy, his mini.

I like Leo too. I think I'd prefer a 2 syllable name.

I knew a horse called Harlequin and I'd like a name that doesn't remind me of another animal or person I know.

I think we will keep a few suggestions in our minds until we see him again when he is a little older and we can see what his character is going to be.

I can't wait!

madbella said:
I think his pedigree name will have Willowood in it.  Not sure exactly who is parents are.His dad is black and his mum is blue and fawny brindle.  :D Not much help!!

He has that diamond spot on his head and another spot on his neck.  I wanted to call him spot!!

Thanks for all the name suggestions, they are great.

I quite like Badger (sorry TC), and we are also thinking of Austin (aussy for short) after hubbys pride and joy, his mini.

I like Leo too.  I think I'd prefer a 2 syllable name.

I knew a horse called Harlequin and I'd like a name that doesn't remind me of another animal or person I know.

I think we will keep a few suggestions in our minds until we see him again when he is a little older and we can see what his character is going to be.

I can't wait!

Austin is cool (w00t)

I know what you mean about Harlequin though, it needs to be original doesn't it :thumbsup:

It's so exciting isn't it, you're going to have so much fun when he gets home :wub: Is he your first whippet?

TCx

He will be our first dog, but I have a whippet at my parents house (my mum's dog really) and hubby had a lab when he was at home.

6 weeks is going to take forever!

He's absolutely gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub: I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with him :)

so cute (w00t)

Get him home and relax.Then look at him then watch him eat,sleep and play.The name will come.

When we got our Viszla her name had been Beau then her kennel name Zara.

I didnt think she looked like either name lol.I kept thinking she had such a pretty face.So thought of Scarlett O'Hara from "Gone with the Wind"

So scarlett it is! And being a red gal its perfect!

Last edited by a moderator:
Harlequin is a bit long, but you could call him Harley

I thought of Domino which is also a bit long

You've almost suggested Diamond, are you thinking of that as a name?

Badger does suit his markings (so would Skunk, but that's not such a nice name, even though skunks are handsome looking animals)

I am SO jealous!! What a cutie-pie - I NEED him!!! I just love baby whips... :wub:

Names...I like previous suggestions Badger and Domino, but I am sure one will just come to you with time. Good luck!

Alison xx

i like reggie, frankie and otis :thumbsup:

oh and sonny :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hes got a white tip to his tail - so what about Tippy or Topper? (Tip Top Spot?) I always wanted a dog called Deefa - (D for Dog) if I had a boy - but Ive had girls up to now - Rosie, Poppy, Daisy - and now Ive got Evie - which means life. You could always go through baby names and their meanings and choose a meaning that is special to you.

What a gorgeous black and white baby.... :huggles: :wub: best of luck with him.. :luck: :luck: :thumbsup:

What a cutie :wub: :wub: :wub:

Good luck with him :luck:

madbella said:
We went to see and choose our puppy at the weekend.  I had never seen puppys this young (2 weeks old) and they are so cute.
So hubby and I chose this little black and white fella.

We can't wait to go and see him again.  The breeders are lovely and have said that we can go back any time, I just wish they were a little closer then I would go and see him everyday!

Now we just have to wait until september then we can bring him home.

We are still thinking of names so any suggestions are welcome.

Awwww! :wub: he's soooo cute.

How about alfie,bailey or marley??

If it was me I like to have unique names. So while Badger suits his markings since there's a new baby similarly marked already with that name on here I would go with something different. That's just me though.

I do like Harlequin shortened to Harley - it still goes with his markings. (though I know it reminds you of the horse)

You could go with Phantom (aka Phantom of the Opera)

Spats (a friend of mine has a 15 year old whippet with similar markings named Spats and I always thought it was soo clever because he does look like a black and white spats - please dont' ask me to explain or I'll feel old and I'm not really)

I like Domino - you'd just shorten it to Dom.

Just some more ideas.

Wendy

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back