The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

I Have My Dog!!!

Foxglove

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
......a Whippet of my own!!!!!!!! :cheers:

After missing out on a gorgeous cream & white bitch by just one day last week I was DETERMINED to get in first this week. I work in a newsagents so as soon as I started at 5.30am I grabbed the yellow Ad-Trader and scoured the dog ads.

I couldn't believe it when I saw two whippet bitches needing homes - one 16 months and the other 14. I liked the sound of the older bitch as she was KC registered, black & white and housetrained - I just had a 'feeling' about her :b

When Neil finished nightshift at 7am and came into our shop he took the paper home and rang the number at 8.20am :p By 8.25am he was in the car and on his way down to Chester-le-Street in Durham to pick up our little girl (w00t)

I was stuck at work until 1pm so was like a cat on a hot tin roof all morning as I didn't feel that I could relax until our whippie was home with us :wacko:

At 11.15am Neil walked through the door of the shop when I was chatting to a stationary rep and he just looked at me and shook his head :( He said the dog was more like a Springer than a Whippet! My first thought was ''Eh? How can you confuse THOSE two breeds?'' :blink: My face must have been really downcast (have to admit my heart DID sink at his words) but then he put me out of my misery and said she was in the car outside (w00t) I almost vaulted my counter and rushed outside and saw this exquisite little angel sitting on the back seat and wagging her tail at everybody :wub: After all the bigger breeds I've known over the years my first impression was how slim and delicate she looked! Her head especially was gorgeous :wub:

I've been trying to get a photo to show you how gorgeous she is but the little minx keeps coming up to me for cuddles and slavering me in kisses every time I get her in focus! :lol: Neil has gone to bed until 6pm so I'll get him to hold her while I take her pic then :p

Anyway, Neil took her home and I followed soon after at 1pm (I almost ran home as I wanted to see my new baby :b ) and soon after that I took her out for a short walk in case she needed the loo. On the way back we took a detour to the pet shop to get a car harness fitted and an ID tag engraved.

And now she is sunbathing (we have south-west facing windows in the living room) but not really settling - which IS understandable.

Her breeding on her sire's side had me :eek: :eek: :eek: but I don't recognise her dam's name - perhaps she's racing stock even though she's KC registered and has a Registration Number?

Anyway MY little girl is called Tina, she's black & white, born on 27th November 2006 and her KC Registered name is Black Bell.

Her sire is Barnesmore Mandan Chief who is by Eng & Ir.Ch. Barnesmore Chirakawa out of Ir.Ch. Barnesmore Painted Lady.

Her dam is Indigo Silk who is by Kenzed Bobslad out of Lucky Girl.

Ooooh just managed a pic of her flat out on the floor....will see if I can upload it to photobucket! Bear with me...... :p

Does it show that I am absolutely bouncing off the walls with excitement at finally having a real pedigree dog of my own? (w00t)

What a lovely post, I can't wait to see her picture. I'm delighted for you. :thumbsup:

Jenny

Chester le Street is not far away from me...

Im so pleased you have at last got your whippet.... :huggles: cant wait to see you photos....Congratulations... :cheers:

I,.m so please for..................And how excited you were :huggles: :huggles:

Barnesmore is a well know Irish Kennel :thumbsup: I also have a bitch from Barmesmore :thumbsup: :wub:

What a great day for you. (w00t) Can't wait to see some photos.

:) :) I am so happy for you, :luck: :luck: with her, sounds like you really deserve

each other. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see some photos. :huggles: :huggles:

Sonia and Jesse xx

daledogs said:
Barnesmore is a well know Irish Kennel...
I know!!!!! (w00t) I didn't see the pedigree until we got back from our first walk and when I saw names like Pencloe Dutch Gold and Hillsdown Fergal and Barnesmore Painted Lady I was just speechless :blink: This dog is better bred than we are!!!! :lol:

When Neil was actually at the woman's house she had another FIVE phone calls and one guy offered her double what we paid,which was £300, but she refused him. She just wanted a good home where she would be loved and spoilt rotten :p Her owner was actually moving into sheltered accomodation and couldn't take a dog with her so her misfortune was OUR luck :huggles: I told Neil to ask her if she wanted us to send her pics and news of Tina to let her know how she was getting on but I forgot to ask him before he went to bed - poor chap hasn't had much sleep for the past 48 hours :unsure:

Here's a quick snap of her I took about an hour ago before she realised I was looking at her and got up to wash me again :lol: I would have posted it sooner but my pc suddenly crashed :rant: She actually looks like a leggy greyhound in this pic but she IS all whippet! She's just SO petite and feminine :wub:

14st9lb004.jpg

Can't blame you for being excited. :) It's a shame the original owner couldn't keep them, but these things happen, circumstances change, and their loss is your gain.

You sound like you'll be an excellent home for her. You've waited for this for a long time, it's not a spur of the moment thing. :huggles: I hope she settles in well, and do keep us updated. Adult whippets are quite sought after, they rarely end up in rescue. Well done you. :thumbsup:

Edited to say: She looks gorgeous. I posted my message before I saw your last one.

Last edited by a moderator:
SHES BEAUTIFUL :wub: :huggles:

Oh she's gorgeous - I'm a bit partial to Black and Whites :- " She's so pretty, I look forward to lots more pictures very soon :huggles: :thumbsup:

I think it is fair to say that this girl is going to be loved, or have I over stated it? :D Best of luck. Very pleased for you :thumbsup:

meddling said:
Oh she's gorgeous - I'm a bit partial to Black and Whites :- "  She's so pretty, I look forward to lots more pictures very soon  :huggles:   :thumbsup:
I'll TRY not to bore you all with TOO many pics (w00t) I'm already completely and utterly besotted with my little girl :wub: :wub: :wub:

It's funny but I was just drooling over your gorgeous black & white dog in the pics you have at the bottom of your posts - he/she's gorgeous :wub:

Whoops....must go....I think she wants to go out :b

lamping man said:
I think it is fair to say that this girl is going to be loved, or have I over stated it? :D   Best of luck. Very pleased for you :thumbsup:
LOL I think you might be spot on (w00t)

What a lovely story :huggles:

Lucky Girl (Your little girl's Grandmother) is my Badger's Mum.

Best of luck to you, I am sure you are going to have years of fun together ;)

TCx

Badger says hi!

Nikon2008_0506021.jpg

:wub: WOW!! She's divine. Congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy loving life together :huggles: :huggles:

awww im really pleased for you :huggles:

lucky girl ..........is my gypsy's mum :thumbsup:

What a find.................she's stunning :wub:

I can understand why you are so excited, she is beautiful!!! :wub: Im sure you will have lots of fun with her

She's a very beautiful girlie! :wub: :wub: :wub: Congratulations! :cheers:

What a beautiful little girlie you've got there :wub: :wub: :wub:

I wish you many long and happy walks with her :D :thumbsup:

What a lovely post and yes you do sound excited, you have every right to be Tina is beautiful :wub: :wub: Congratulations :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back