The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Introduce Yourself On K9...

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi there, I have been a member for some time but never actually posted before. My name is Sarah and I am the proud owner of 11 four legged friends. 10 whippets and 1 collie. Ok 7 are 5 wks old and are a litter bred from 2 of my own dogs. I am looking at keeping one thou, if the objections within the house die out! !!

So the permanent residents are 15 year old Polly the Collie, 5 year old Jack, 3 year old Jay, and 2 year old Jas. I am hoping to add to this with one from my litter, already have my eye on which one, even have the names sorted, well, one of 2 names, either Jinx or Jinny. Can't quite decide yet. Oh and some people call me crazy, I just say I'm different lol!

I hope to post again soon and perhaps find useful tips and advice etc.

Thanks and bye for now

Sarah and the J crew

Hi all, my name is Maureen (Mo) and I'm English, married to a Kiwi and living in New Zealand. We have a 2 year-old blue greyhound called Solo. Solo never raced as he suffered birth trauma and can't trot (he walks and gallops just fine, though!) He was adopted from Greyhounds as Pets (GAP) New Zealand and has been with us now for 7 months.

Mo

Hello, my name is Jane and I have a 2 year old lurcher (whippet x bedlington x unknown terrier) called Pip and 2 guinea pigs. Pip is a pet with an amazing turn of speed, she easily out runs any dogs she meets on the beach, only her mum has overtaken her so far. She has a very friendly nature and likes finding the softest rug,duvet etc to lie on. will try and post a photo, no luck so far :)

Welcome sarah , maureen and jane , would love to see photos of your 4 legged friends :thumbsup:

Jane i use photobucket to put photos on here , i find it really easy been not very computer literate .

Hi my name is Doreen, I have two whippets, one aged 9yrs, the other aged 4yrs. I race them at the Fordingbridge Wrc that is based in the New Forest. If you are ever down that way please come and join us we are a very friendly bunch.

Doreen

Hi been a member for a while, this is my first post, my names Tony from the West Country, my main interest dog wise have been Rottweilers currently have two rescues and one just over a year, I have always loved lurchers and am considering owning one in the future, when my older Rotts pass away ( one now being fourteen + and the other nine with major health problems ) I will want to work the lurcher now and again in and around gorse, summer exercise is mainly sea swimming I would consider a rescued dog if I can find one to my requirements, I do like the look of the Hancock bearded / greyhound dogs, but do have concerns that the parents don't work, I feel that I give my dogs an outstanding life, and although I have a couple of contacts in the rescue associations I may wish to seek advice in the future on this site as to where and how I can obtain such a dog

Hello, I have never posted on here but have been registered for a while. My first love has always been Lurchers and Terriers as they have always enriched my life; I currently have a vetran terrier aged 17 that I have owned since she was 8weeks old and a 13 month old Lurcher pup. We will hopefully catch a few rabbits for the pot with my Lurcher this year on our permission but nothing too serious.

Ant9x - my friend has a Hancock 5/8 3/8ths and he loves her to bits.....

Hi

I'm Kerry and I'm BigPaws's dogsbody :)

I'm an animal lover, but my dog knowledge is far more orientated to GSDs than it is to sighthounds. My dog Molly is a rescue GSD and I work in both GSD rescue and general dog rescue as a volunteer.

I also have 4 cats, including 2 ferals who are on the very slow path to learning how to live as housecats, and my other 2 cats are doing a very good job in teaching them that some humans are OK to snuggle.

Ive been a member for a long time, but not been on for quite a while..

Used to breed Scottish deerhounds and lurchers, now I mainly do wildlife photography, but, I am also doing working dogs photography, whippet racing, pheasant shoots etc..

Hope there might still be some people on here that remember me, and want a bit crack

Bill

http://billdoherty.co.uk/

Hi my name is Jackie and my pup is called Zac. He is a German shepherd and is 14 weeks old. We live in Scotland on the south west coast just a short walk from the sea. Zac loves it here as we are surrounded by beautiful countryside. I hope you like his photos. 2016-03-14 14.13.29.jpg20160225_075219.jpg

Hi I'm Bek from West Yorkshire, thought I'd introduce myself and my pups.

This is Zana, my gorgeous 14 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback.

Tess 13 year old my weim cross staff and Tyler my 7 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback cross.

image.png

image.jpg

image.jpeg

Hi to all! I'm a lifelong dog owner and dog rescue volunteer. Currently I have one rescue dog (corgi x ) who I took because he couldn't be rehomed through rescue (anger management issues!). Still have him three years and several scars later. I'm interested in dog welfare and animal welfare generally- and in how other people cope with behavioural issues.

Hi, I'm crazy about my dogs. Unfortunately my little one had to be put to sleep a few days ago and I thought a forum may help me and my other dog get through thisimage.jpeg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back