The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Italian Greyhound X Puppys

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well WIGGY, I hope that Violet has had her pups now and I can't wait to hear all about it and see the photos.

Congratulations to you all on the new arrivals.

With regard to whippets X IG

(Blue brindle in sig is my pure whippet and the blue is my Whippet X IG)

I have one and he is happy and healthy

He does everything that my KC whippet does with a little more energy and passion.

So if this litter is as beautiful as the last Stanley Morris litter, that my Benjamin was from, they'll be stunning little pups :wub:

I so wish I was in the position to have another :( but got to wait a year or so until we do :thumbsup:

Ben sends lot so licky kisses to his Mum, Dad, Aunties and Sister Helen xxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Cornish said:
Well WIGGY, I hope that Violet has had her pups now and I can't wait to hear all about it and see the photos.

He does everything that my KC whippet does with a little more energy and passion.

So if this litter is as beautiful as the last Stanley Morris litter, that my Benjamin was from, they'll be stunning little pups  :wub:

I so wish I was in the position to have another  :(   but got to wait a year or so until we do  :thumbsup:

Ben sends lot so licky kisses to his Mum, Dad, Aunties and Sister Helen xxxxxxxx

And an incredibly handsome boy young Benjamin is too - I love your sig pic it shows them both off to their best :huggles: :wub: :wub:

meddling said:
Cornish said:

So if this litter is as beautiful as the last Stanley Morris litter, that my Benjamin was from, they'll be stunning little pups  :wub:

I so wish I was in the position to have another  :(   but got to wait a year or so until we do  :thumbsup:

And an incredibly handsome boy young Benjamin is too - I love your sig pic it shows them both off to their best :huggles: :wub: :wub:

Thanks Clair

I am of course totally biassed with Sidney & Benjamin

LOL that photos shows how they are when they see me and a camera in my hands..... the both look like they have been stuck to the sofa with super glue and forced to smile :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will have to do a new one soon as Ben has turned 8 months now :lol:

must write this down ped igs never go in rescue because there owners are so perfect.saying that why the hell have a ig got a rescue if they so perfect and know were there dogs are going.and as for cross breeding ig how the hell did u get ig's in the first place ??? (cross breeding)???

ucannothandlethetruth said:
must write this down ped igs never go in rescue because there owners are so perfect.saying that why the hell have a ig got a rescue if they so perfect and know were there dogs are going.and as for cross breeding ig how the hell did u get ig's in the first place ??? (cross breeding)???

When we decided to have our first dog, we went to several rescues before we decided to adopt an ex racing greyhound but we saw an IG in a rescue.

There is no such thing as perfect :- " :lol: not in human form anyway o:)

i sit on neither side of this fence, i have been reading this topic, as im iterested in the opinions.

but it seems to me, (please correct me if im wrong) that the people against this breeding are assuming that wiggy is going to sell these pups for huge amounts of money and isnt conserend for their well fair :b (this is just the impression i get from reading all posts, or maybe you know this and have proof?)

BUT if the people against dont mean that, and just mean cross breeding in general, then really this is the wrong place to post these oppinions as this original thread was anouncing a litter.

if the people against do mean cross breeding in general then this paints a bad picture of wiggy and this litter which i think is unfair,

i really have no side in this arguement as i do not no enough about any sort of breeding to say whats right and wrong, i also dont know the people involed i just think this topic has changed from what was ment to be a happy anouncment of a litter, to a rather heated and angry debate about cross breeding. :(

i have a question though? if ped dogs are dogs which have came from lines that are registered with the kc and they are from the same breed never crossed yes?

so then that would make mongols are anything thats not a ped, as it may have been crossed with somthing else way down the line? so why are the people against not bringing this argument up in the non ped section?

sorry for my ignorence but like i said i no very little about breeding :b

the other thing i dont understand is that it has been said that the rescue centres are full of mongrals, so does that mean if there were not mongrals and only peds there would be no need for the centres?

which would mean there would be thousands of familys out there who couldnt have a dog as they wouldnt be able to afford to pay ped prices which i think is quite sad :(

on the other side, if mum is full whippet and dad is 50/50whippet/ig the pups will be 75%whippet/25% ig so should this post not be in the whippet secition rather than the ig as there is far more whippet in there?

imo....after reading alot of these post from folk that own ig, i can understand why people go to...in your words "backstreet breeders" as i find most of you seem to think that ig owners are on a higher plane to the rest of us. :lol: ..you make people feel like they are not as worthy as you to dream of owning an ig :unsure: ....ive read many threads in this ig section and it seems that anyone dare cross to the ig world need shooting, i would never want an ig if this is the attitude that comes with owning one :- " there was a x litter put on the other day and as i remember that person was wished luck with that litter :- " :- " if your face fits :- "

anyway

well im still looking forward to seeing pics of your litter wiggy :wub: :wub:

julie :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have deleted a lot of posts from this thread, and some warn levels have been adjusted. Some posts have been deleted because they quote unacceptable posts, and some have been edited.

This post was started by a member who has decided to breed from her crossbred IG. There are plenty of K9ers who would like to see the puppy pictures.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but not when it attacks another member. Purebred IG breeders may not agree with this, but it doesn't mean it is wrong. It is generally thought by veterinary surgeons that crossbreds are far more healthy than pedigree dogs, so I don't know where people are getting the opinion that this is producing unhealthy dogs.

As for debasing the breed - these pups are not full IG, so not affecting IGs at all. It is accepted that lurchers are cross breeds, and non ped whippets are cross breeds - why it should be any different for IGs is beyond me.

Please keep any further posts within board rules.

OK - SO as these are not IG p[uppies - perhaps a new forum should be put on for IG x.

i see there are still plenty of posits attacking ig breeders - perhaps these should be removed as well.

Well I for one would love to have one of Wiggy's pups if cornish's Benjamin is anything to go by. :wub: I apparently have a cross breed whippet, all because he isn't KC reg'd. :- " Both parents however where whippet. Quite possibly some grey crossings in the line as my lad is a large lad. But he is 'typical' whippet traits, o:) except the size, but there is more of him to love!! :wub:

Good luck Wiggy. Would love to see pics of the pups. I think every one would :thumbsup:

i think maybe she has been put off sharing her pics now :( wich is a shame :( ,come on wiggy i for one would love to see these babies :cheers:

i agree nicky + sarah jane :thumbsup: this should be a happy time for wiggy :wub: :wub: and i think that most of us would love to share your puppies and the next 8 weeks of them growing :huggles:

please put some pics on wiggy :thumbsup:

peppermint lady said:
i agree nicky + sarah jane :thumbsup:   this should be a happy time for wiggy :wub:   :wub:   and i think that most of us would love to share your puppies and the next 8 weeks of them growing :huggles: please put some pics on wiggy :thumbsup:

i also would love to see these pups :wub: :wub:

Really! It shouldn't be ig breeder slating Whip breeder and vice versa, which I don't think in the main it is. True, good & legit breeders who want the best for their pups/Breed should be standing side by side for the good job and all the effort they put into their choosen breed. It is the unscrupilous breeders that we should ALL be fighting against, not each other.

Come on WIGGY-WOO (my nick name for Ben) :lol: show us your gorgeous Stanley & Violet litter.....

How many was born and their flavours/colours?

I'd have another WIGGY pup in a heart beat, if it weren't for us buying another house and having a lot of work to do on the ranshackled building.

Benjamin is every bit worth the agro from (IG) people when you tell them he has some IG in him

I am very proud of my boy Benjamin, he is all there, 4 paws, 4 legs, 2 ears, 2 eyes, a tail... which hasn't got a pointy end and there are no horns on his head.... he is 100% doggy!!!!! :lol: :- "

Can't wait to see the photos WIGGY :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

A IG & Whippet cross forum would be fab :thumbsup:

Cornish said:
Come on WIGGY-WOO (my nick name for Ben) :lol:   show us your gorgeous Stanley & Violet litter.....

I'd have another WIGGY pup in a heart beat, if it weren't for us buying another house and having a lot of work to do on the ranshackled building.

Benjamin is every bit worth the agro from (IG) people when you tell them he has some IG in him

I am very proud of my boy Benjamin, he is all there, 4 paws, 4 legs, 2 ears, 2 eyes, a tail... which hasn't got a pointy end and there are no horns on his head.... he is 100% doggy!!!!! :lol:   :- "

Can't wait to see the photos WIGGY  :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

A IG & Whippet cross forum would be fab  :thumbsup:

picccccccccysssssss pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssee, shes gonna make us beg (w00t)

CAN WE NOW KEEP THIS THREAD TO WIGGYS LOVELY LITTER, AND NOT THE INS AND OUTS OF CROSS BREEDING :thumbsup: if that wants to be carried on i would say best start a new topic :thumbsup:

peppermint lady said:
picccccccccysssssss pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssee, shes gonna make us beg (w00t) CAN WE NOW KEEP THIS THREAD TO WIGGYS LOVELY LITTER, AND NOT THE  INS AND OUTS OF CROSS BREEDING :thumbsup:   if that wants to be carried on i would say best start a new topic :thumbsup:

Well if begging's what needed...

PHOTOS PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE :thumbsup:

peppermint lady said:
Cornish said:
Come on WIGGY-WOO (my nick name for Ben) :lol:   show us your gorgeous Stanley & Violet litter.....

I am very proud of my boy Benjamin, he is all there, 4 paws, 4 legs, 2 ears, 2 eyes, a tail... which hasn't got a pointy end and there are no horns on his head.... he is 100% doggy!!!!! :lol:   :- "

Can't wait to see the photos WIGGY  :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

CAN WE NOW KEEP THIS THREAD TO WIGGYS LOVELY LITTER, AND NOT THE INS AND OUTS OF CROSS BREEDING :thumbsup: if that wants to be carried on i would say best start a new topic :thumbsup:

how about keeping this forum to its title - Italian greyhounds?

Kurwenal said:
peppermint lady said:
Cornish said:

Can't wait to see the photos WIGGY  :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :wub:  

how about keeping this forum to its title - Italian greyhounds?

Have you missed something? These are crossbred IGs - so under IGs as they don't have a forum of their own. Perhaps if they become popular though, we might have to start a forum of their own. Other people seem to be very happy with their Xbred IGs - and I can see the attraction :thumbsup:

Come on, where's those pics :- " :- " :- " We're waiting :- " :- " :- "

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back