The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jasper

Discussion in 'Dog Pictures and Videos' started by JudyN, Aug 17, 2019.

1. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

I've a feeling that if I tried to drag him along he might be able to slip out of his collar, but luckily he's very responsive to the lead so I don't need to. And I wouldn't have the strength anyway - I nearly got pulled over my my friend's little scrap of a terrier because I'm just not used to a dog who suddenly takes off as if they weren't attached!

And as for Houdini - he couldn't escape out of a paper bag. This is the dog who once got stuck in the kitchen because I'd left a mop bucket in the doorway...

I have to be careful how I play with him now. He pulled a tug toy out of my hands the other day when he wasn't expecting me to let go, recoiled backwards, and his back legs collapsed under him. When he got up he gave me such an evil look and wouldn't come near me till I'd apologised profusely and given him treats to console him.

2. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

I can't 'like' that but I so sympathise. With Jasper, obviously.

JudyN and RGC like this.
  3. RGC

RGC Active Member Registered

Yes, he knows he’s got rights.

JoanneF likes this.
  4. Hemlock

Hemlock Well-Known Member Registered

Lurchers set exceptionally high standards, I find. We are often unworthy.

5. RGC

RGC Active Member Registered

As do all sighthounds.

6. JudyN

[​IMG]

This wasn't quite such an idyllic setting as it looks - it's a verge by the busy roundabout only about 50m from our house, which was as far as Jasper wanted to go this afternoon (after standing thinking about it for a looooong time). We sat there for 20 mins or so, and for once I didn't have to bribe him past every verge on the way home because this was the closest!

Attached Files:

Flobo and Ari_RR like this.
  7. Hemlock

Hemlock Well-Known Member Registered

He looks blissed out.

We had an epic sniffing walk this morning. Took ages (I don't mind). Quite tired her out, processing all that scent.

Flobo, JudyN and JoanneF like this.
  8. Flobo

Flobo Well-Known Member Registered Partner

He is a handsome boy, Jasper. There is something quite pleasing about slowing down with your dogs isn't there? Some of the walks I do now with my older dogs involves walking a bit and sitting a bit; we take our time, enjoy our surroundings, share some Reiki, they sometimes have 40 winks and then we bimble on, lovely...:) Reckon I have the best job in the world!

9. JudyN

Yes, I've started enjoying the sniffing and snoozing. Though when he tries to lie down every 10 foot or so, and I need to bribe him to get going again, and I have work deadlines, it's a bit frustrating.

I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be just as happy snoozing in the garden with me next to him, but he's realised that on a walk I can't nip off and do a bit of gardening, or head back indoors. But if I did sit in the garden with him for an hour, he'd probably come back indoors and say, 'OK, what about my walk then?'