The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jasper's diary

Discussion in 'Dog Diaries' started by JudyN, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Ari_RR

Ari_RR Well-Known Member Registered

Poor boy! How do your neighbors deal with this, or do you have to treat them with chocolate and wine every now and again?

2. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

Luckily it's a longish garden, and he hasn't the loudest bark, so they haven't complained... yet. Last night he he asked to go out quite early, was let out the side, came back in then remembered he hadn't done his monster-scaring duty and asked to go out again... and again... I was a bit worried he hadn't thought to do what he was meant to be doing, but he slept through :)

3. JudyN

The down side of only letting J out into the side bit is that if the 'monster' is actually in our garden - the bit he can't get to to chase it off - he goes even more ballistic:eek: At least, I'm guessing that's what happened last night. He ran into the hose reel that was out there as he exploded out of the door, and was snorting louder than an angry bull. When he came back in he was barking for a few minutes - and he's not really a barker. Then when he finally agreed to come up to bed with me he was whining for about half an hour and had to go out again before he finally settled.

It's not that much of a problem, just a PITA. Roll on light evenings!

4. JudyN

OH's latest hobby is painting. Oil painting. Jasper loves oily food, and he's very inclusive in his definition of food. And of course, if OH should be waving around a funny-shaped wooden plate of oil-based foods and not paying attention, what's any self-respecting theiving lurcher to do?

[​IMG]

'Dad, that's the worst-tasting pizza ever!'

He didn't get much, though the white that was next to the cadmium yellow also disappeared... OH has researched the ingredients and there's no concerns there :)

Flobo, Josie, Ari_RR and 1 other person like this.
  5. Josie

Josie Administrator Administrator Registered

Ha ha cheeky boy!

Dennis has become extremely cheeky in his old age. Usually he’ll take a good sniff at what we’re having for dinner (we are lazy and eat on the sofa!) and then leave it as that but recently I’ve caught the little monkey licking the bowl!!
    I guess we have trusted a Labrador for too long :D

Flobo and JudyN like this.